Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Most navy suits look black in most lighting anyway so if all you have is a black suit, you'll be fine. As long as you're dressed appropriately for an interview, no one cares. Majority of people in the US are rocking Mens Wearhouse baggy dress shirts and choppa pants at work anyway :lol:

100% truth.. lolol

Anyone have an inside scoop to Amazon? Do they only use LinkedIn?

I used to be in the same shoes as a lot of you posting here- I was unemployed for ~10 months between 2010-2011 after I graduated from college. Just keep at it and keep applying to more and more jobs, keep updating your resume and the persistence WILL pay off.

Last edited:
I swear I've been through the longest hiring process ever, I applied in February and after a test, interview, background check, I finally got a email today with a salary offer, I'm super excited, I talked to hr after signing and faxing the offer, she told me that I officially had the job, but not to put in my two weeks notice yet, because I still have to do finger prints another criminal background check through the airport, and take a physical, I'm just hoping everything is done by the first two weeks of June, on top of that I still have to relocate to Atlanta.

Everybody keep grinding, and follow up, I swear I've talked to Hr and the director at least once a week since I was interviewed, I knew I was picked for the job 3 weeks before Hr even called me.

Have a decent paying gig now. 45k/year plus bonus.

Wife and I are looking to move out of state.

Any tips on finding jobs not in your area and how to transition from one job to another that's over 500 miles away.

Got the valet job at the Ritz Carlton, i shed a tear when i got the phone call 
laugh.gif

So yea I nailed the interview even though I was nervous and got the job. I still haven't accepted it, because I feel like the wage they were offering me was too damn low.

Got the valet job at the Ritz Carlton, i shed a tear when i got the phone call :lol:
congrats man

Congrats AZ and good luck to everyone else

I've been wanting to move out of state since graduating and working for a year.

Put in my notice, moved without anything lined up, and got a better job offer within 1.5 months
smokin.gif

Thanks for the love NT, its gonna feel good to have some money in my pocket for once :pimp: I gotta learn how to drive manual before I start though, my homes teaching me tomorrow. Hope I don't **** up to bad :frown:

Thanks for the love NT, its gonna feel good to have some money in my pocket for once :pimp: I gotta learn how to drive manual before I start though, my homes teaching me tomorrow. Hope I don't **** up to bad :frown:

remember these four words.

"that was already there".

Someone told me to keep one of those scratch pens and some wax in my trunk in case of accidents. Hopefully I never have to go to that length

read an article that says black suits should not be worn for interviews

is this a general rule?
Yes. Never black. EVER

what's the reason for this? I wore a black suit when I interviewed with Wells Fargo. Got the job too
Just a rule of thumb that I've always heard

Thanks for the love NT, its gonna feel good to have some money in my pocket for once
pimp.gif
I gotta learn how to drive manual before I start though, my homes teaching me tomorrow. Hope I don't **** up to bad
frown.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, i went on my first interview today in years and just finished writing all my thank you letters.  I forgot what a pain in the *** this whole process is.  Respect to everyone out there still searching, don't give up, and keep working at it.

I currently have two part time jobs but looking to get back into higher education. I've had 3 interviews since May but no job yet. Something will shake soon though. I can feel it.

So I went on an interview last Friday.

I just checked to see if the job posting was still up and it's not there anymore.

I applied for a different position this past Wednesday within that company and got a "we are pursuing other candidates" email today.

Sorry to jump around but the point is I got a rejection email from that company for a different position and not for the position I interviewed for.  

Since the job posting is no longer there and I didn't receive a rejection yet does that mean I'm still a candidate? Or just they are done taking applicants? Or I'll probably get a rejection on Monday?

I'm on pins and needles because I really want this position and I'm stressing over it like crazy!

So I went on an interview last Friday.

I just checked to see if the job posting was still up and it's not there anymore.

I applied for a different position this past Wednesday within that company and got a "we are pursuing other candidates" email today.

Sorry to jump around but the point is I got a rejection email from that company for a different position and not for the position I interviewed for.  

Since the job posting is no longer there and I didn't receive a rejection yet does that mean I'm still a candidate? Or just they are done taking applicants? Or I'll probably get a rejection on Monday?

I'm on pins and needles because I really want this position and I'm stressing over it like crazy!

This actually happened to me a few weeks back, damn u solar!

From my understanding, when the listing goes down it usually means they've found their candidate and are in the process of letting other candidates know they're done. Best of luck tho!

Back
Top Bottom