John Elliott + Co Thread

I’m thinking of purchasing a pair of denim. Do you guys know if they stretch after a few wears ? If so, about how much do they stretch?

^ what he said.

Look at the sizing chart and go off of waist or thigh; waist will not stretch at all, but your seat/thigh area will slightly. Don't size up unless you need to, the closer you can get it without sizing up, the less chance they end up saggy and blown out, and the longer the stack/slim fit will last. I had Springs that felt like tights at first when sitting down; after consistent wears, its stretched nicely and now fits perfect. Even after a machine wash (and hang dry), it'll mold right back.

^ what he said.

Look at the sizing chart and go off of waist or thigh; waist will not stretch at all, but your seat/thigh area will slightly. Don't size up unless you need to, the closer you can get it without sizing up, the less chance they end up saggy and blown out, and the longer the stack/slim fit will last. I had Springs that felt like tights at first when sitting down; after consistent wears, its stretched nicely and now fits perfect. Even after a machine wash (and hang dry), it'll mold right back.
Not sure if I should go with 30 or 31. I took a screenshot of the size chart from most recent pair of denim that I purchased. Which size would you advise to go with? This pair is not too tight on the thigh or waist so I can go a tighter. Also, I’m short so I’m not sure if I should get them hemmed since the inseam on all denim is 34.

Attachments

• A4B336D7-CAED-4C63-B6B2-0043501B01AE.jpeg
    A4B336D7-CAED-4C63-B6B2-0043501B01AE.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 27
Not sure if I should go with 30 or 31. I took a screenshot of the size chart from most recent pair of denim that I purchased. Which size would you advise to go with? This pair is not too tight on the thigh or waist so I can go a tighter. Also, I’m short so I’m not sure if I should get them hemmed since the inseam on all denim is 34.

Based on the waist, and the fact you said you can to tighter on the thigh, get a 30, you're gonna lose about an inch there so you'll notice it.

If you get them hemmed, you lose the factory stacks/folds/whiskers, compare your height to the model on their site. There's nothing wrong with getting them hemmed, just give yourself some extra length for the "stacks".

Based on the waist, and the fact you said you can to tighter on the thigh, get a 30, you're gonna lose about an inch there so you'll notice it.

If you get them hemmed, you lose the factory stacks/folds/whiskers, compare your height to the model on their site. There's nothing wrong with getting them hemmed, just give yourself some extra length for the "stacks".
I’ll go with the 30 then. And hopefully they stretch out to a comfortable fit and slim look and not the saggy sloppy look

Grabbed black escobars and cream raglan hoodie

Debating on some denim but I'd need 36 waist for the length and I normally take 34 (XL in escobars)

Bought my first pair of black cast 2 jeans off ssense, need more pairs fit is to my liking :smokin

Grabbed a few villians off JE, wonder if more items will get marked down. I still cant seem to snag the olive villian, almost miss that ting.

Last edited:
I could get JE for 50 off, only thing id ever consider copping from them is the sweats. Everythig else is super meh. Nice, but meh. Honestly cant believe this topic has been around for this long.

I could get JE for 50 off, only thing id ever consider copping from them is the sweats. Everythig else is super meh. Nice, but meh. Honestly cant believe this topic has been around for this long.
yo hook it up w the cargo pants for 50% off please

JE basics are a staple. I will continue to buy as long as the quality remains consistent

Don’t do dis b :frown: I need a villian lol.

so did everyone spend way more, way less, or just about right with JE this past 5 days?

I spent less than I expected to. Wanted a pair of denim from the flash sale but was too slow

I think I spent what I wanted. Carbons, bogota, OS sweats. Still in the market for the pleated chinos if they hit further discounts

Haven't bought anything yet and everything I was somewhat interested in has sold out.

Still kind of have my eye on the Lithium Cast 2s for $208. Never bought a pair of their denim though.

That Jaquard Thumper out of left field! I've got to many dark jackets so pass, but I hope they bring back the Thumper 1 cut, the 2 and 3's are way too cropped.

Back
Top Bottom