John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

^ Even if he was, nobody would admit it. Remember, Jordan = God. Saying something against God in public (even if you might believe it) is something folks usually keep to themselves due to the potential ridicule.

It depends on what you consider "better."

He definitely CAN be, but if people say that Wilt cant be because of his physical advantages, then how can Lebron be?

He definitely CAN be, but if people say that Wilt cant be because of his physical advantages, then how can Lebron be?
I think the athletic/physical gap between Wilt and his prey is much greater than LeBronze and the folks he goes up against.

NOBODY was as big OR fast as Wilt.
NOBODY is as big AND fast and LeBronze.

Big difference.

I think the athletic/physical gap between Wilt and his prey is much greater than LeBronze and the folks he goes up against.

NOBODY was as big OR fast as Wilt.
NOBODY is as big AND fast and LeBronze.

Big difference.

I can agree with you, and while im def not a Bron fan, I cant deny how good he is. But I feel like Wilt gets slighted because he took advantage of his physical gifts against competition that couldnt match up.

I mean I look at it both ways.

Wilt did what he was supposed to do in the era that he was placed in. He can't help when his mother and father gave birth. But he had a great physical advantage over his opponents.

LeBron has a physical advantage but not as great as Wilt. So of course Wilt will get slighted. But that isn't his fault.

You would prefer to judge people's greatness when they are matched up against similar competition.

But I see the argument but you have to see why Wilt gets slighted.

What if LeBron continues to play more at PF? (which I think he will, especially this coming year)

What if LeBron continues to play more at PF? (which I think he will, especially this coming year)
Would just make the comparison even more stupid than it currently is. They are two completely different basketball players. I know we believe we should compare but I don't see the point in doing so.

[quote name="solarius49"]if people say that Wilt cant be because of his physical advantages, then how can Lebron be?[/quote]The knock on Wilt for his size is because of his size in comparison to everyone else in the league at the time. He towered over the majority.

clearly you haven't seen jordan in his prime. LOL
> 1st 3peat (MJ 28yr-30yr) Led the league in scoring in all of those years. 2 season MVP. 3 finals MVP.
young coach phil jackson (2nd year)
young pippen (first time all star)
bill cartwright
horace grant
stacy king
scot williams
paxon
bj armstrong
WILL ******g PERDUE
now tell me... how the hell did MJ led this core of players into a 3 peat ?
> 2nd 3peat (MJ 33yr-35yr) led the league in scoring in those last 3 years as a bull. 2 season MVP. 3 finals MVP.
experienced coach jackson
prime pippen
mid 30s rodman
3rd year man kukoc
luke ******g longley
harper
kerr
randy brown
buchler
simpkins
a bit better but you wouldn't call that a "super" team. won nba record 72 games and a 3 peat.
this tells you not only how good jordan was as a player but also a leader. man led his team to 2 3peats in 8 years. 6 finals MVP in all of the chip. Never lost in the finals. The man is a winner.
Jordan winning with phil, pip and a bunch of scrubs. kobe winning with very experience phil and bunch of all stars not to mention one of the most dominant center in history. Let's talk about lebron when he gets his 1st 3peat with his mutiple allstar pals wade and bosh.

School these youngns......................:pimp:

and this is coming from a KNICK fan.................

in the annals of history, Lebron left to join other all stars

Magic, Larry, Isiah,MJ Hakeem, Tim, even Kobe will always get more credit for winning with their original teams..............................Sorry

School these youngns......................:pimp:
and this is coming from a KNICK fan.................
in the annals of history, Lebron left to join other all stars
Magic, Larry, Isiah,MJ Hakeem, Tim, even Kobe will always get more credit for winning with their original teams..............................Sorry

Church!

Lebron > Jordan........................................

In the post dawg

you mean on defense right?

sorry but jordan >>> bron

in the post when it comes to offense.

MJ has more high post and low post moves than lebron could ever imagine.

The day that Lebron wins 5 more rings, then u can talk. How can u even act like Bron is the greatest when he has less rings than Robert Horry and that dude earned his.

Lebron will never be the GOAT in terms of stats or in terms of ability/skill. Stats is all their stans have and no one will touch Wilt in terms of that. Lebron can't even touch MJ's scoring stats or Magic's passing stats. Dude is just an all around good player and great athlete but not really all time great in terms of passing, scoring, defense or even rebounding. The only aspect he can compete as an all time great is probably fast breaks but he has competition there too. Even as an all around player he probably will not even come close to Oscar Robertson :smokin

Then you have to remeber all his failures and choking that outweight his ONE excellent year. Dude will have to do what he did this year for the next 6 years straight. He will also have to add a defensive player of the year, go over 35ppg in a season or over 14 assists.

Considering Wade is already 30 and most of his role players are mid 30s.

Good luck with that :rofl:

Last edited:
Yeah because he never snitched on him and run him out of chicago. MJ actually enjoyed playing with his man. One reason he never went back the next season with the bulls coz the owners don't want to extend phil and pips contracts, that shows loyalty to his mates. MJ never left the bulls nor cried for trade when the going went tough. kobe as good as he is, he's one spoiled brat of a player.
yea but pip didnt like playing with mike gunnin' ***---he only stayed with the bulls for the money. scottie pippen is the most underrated pro athlete ever. dude could have scored 30 a night if it wasnt for mj

and he beat mike in countless one on one games

Last edited:
Almost everyone says that Lebron is the best athlete the NBA has ever seen but why has dude never won a DPOTY or why has he never been a better defender than Jordan?

Jordan was destroying the league offensively and defensively yet Lebron is already on that "need to conserve energy for the offensive end" bs. The heat make 50 year old Battier guard the other team's best player cause Lebron will get tired from passing the ball on the offensive end? :lol: :smh:

wouldnt illegal substances help him with this? word to armstrong

Back
Top Bottom