John Wall is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

No no no there is a huge difference between being on a bad team talent-wise and being on a bad team mentally and not the right attitude.

For example: Kyrie - Drafted #1 to the Cavs, also a bad team but has a good head coach, veterans, and some sort of system

John Wall got drafted to the Washington Bebe's Kids....two totally diff types of bad teams
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
i  like jimmys game though...hes still young give him some time to progress

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Uh oh... Looks like John Wall is turning into NT's replacement for Sebastian Telfair (winner of the "wait 'til next year award" for the better part of a decade).

All I see in Wall is a player who refuses to slow down and let the game flow naturally. I hope he can adjust. The assist numbers give some hope.

Wall would mop the floor with telfair.
I wasn't comparing the 2 in that sense. 

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by MBen32

He certainly isn't terrible. I don't think he'll ever be a multiple time All-Star neither. 
ohwell.gif

My biggest gripe w/ him, or his supporters for this matter, he seems to be getting a pass for his play, or lack thereof, for being on a bad team. He was a #1 pick, what kind of team are we expecting him to be on? isn't he accountable for some of the failures, or inabilities of his team to get better? 
Ding Ding 

I said it on page 2, he should be held to a higher standard, like all other potential franchise players are. Two years have passed and this so called franchise player has shown next to no improvement in fact there has been some regression. That is not a good sign. When Kwame Brown wasn't delivering he was eaten alive, Adam Morrison, Sebastian Telfair, Greg Oden even though its not totally his doing, the list goes on. All players who were hailed "The second coming of X" who flamed out and didn't live up to their expectations. This is what John Wall is doing and IMO will continue to do, I don't see why he's being given a free pass by observers and analysts. Maybe if he felt a little fire underneath him it would motivate him some.
Really...So John Wall deserves to be grouped with those guys?
Wow. I'm out. 

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

Smh at all the haters, my man is 21..his jumper and overall game will progress ala tony parker

please never compare a bum to Tony Parker.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

Smh at all the haters, my man is 21..his jumper and overall game will progress ala tony parker

please never compare a bum to Tony Parker.

laugh.gif

All seriousness though, once John Wall has a few good pieces surrounding him - he'll be a good PG. He's had no stability since joining the Wizards with coaching changes, player changes, no mentor, etc.

He'll be fine though.....

He has no jumpshot, but his court vision and speed are up there.

Dude can be a star, he might not even need a jumpshot if homie can burn every defender.

He's awful. According to yahoo stats he made 3 for 42 from 3 point this season.

Riiiiiight.... John Wall has great court vision, excellent speed, and is a great rhythm shooter.

Can work on spotting up but this thread is ******ed.

Originally Posted by MMG

hes the good in 2k12 though
pimp.gif

Not sure if serious, I went though a whole season with the Wizards and he's garbage. Can't make an open midrange jumpshot to save his life.

Originally Posted by MMG

hes the good in 2k12 though
pimp.gif

LML at this, but I mess with the homie. And as dude mentioned earlier Rose jumpshot was looking a lil suspect a season ago. Improvement definitely needs to come, but his speed and athletic abilities are the truth for his position.

He is a very good player but he doesn't have much room to grow. No matter what he will never scare anyone with his jumper and his brain is limited as well by character issues. I said this when I told some people on here I'd rather have Kyrie. I'm sorry but with the game on the line I will never trust Wall aka he will never win a championship without a decent amount of help. There's having talent and there's looking at the big picture. I just don't see him fitting in that picture.

I am an avid john wall fan and will defend him till the death of me he isn't that good now cause he is lacking a jumpshot but he is overflowing with potential if he didn't spend so much time playing charity games and actually worked on his game he would of been killing this year, well he promised to work on his game hard this year but its to early to critique him look at this Jason Kidd didnt have a jumpshot either but now look back on his career just give the man time

2m6r5oj.jpg

Originally Posted by hypebeast5

I am an avid john wall fan and will defend him till the death of me he isn't that good now cause he is lacking a jumpshot but he is overflowing with potential if he didn't spend so much time playing charity games and actually worked on his game he would of been killing this year, well he promised to work on his game hard this year but its to early to critique him look at this Jason Kidd didnt have a jumpshot either but now look back on his career just give the man time

2m6r5oj.jpg
Ok so would you say he's closer to Tyreke Evans, or Jason Kidd?
Hint: Theres only one right answer to this

Other then Rubio, he's the best young passing pg and other then Rose and Westbrook, he's the most athletic pg in in the NBA. Dude's potential is out of this world and plenty of players have come into the league and have dramatically improved their jump shot. I'm not sure if he's really dumb or has some character issues like some of you say but from what I can tell, dude hates to lose and has taken responsibility for not improving this year. That sounds like the type of player I'd want on my team.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Other then Rubio, he's the best young passing pg and other then Rose and Westbrook, he's the most athletic pg in in the NBA. Dude's potential is out of this world and plenty of players have come into the league and have dramatically improved their jump shot. I'm not sure if he's really dumb or has some character issues like some of you say but from what I can tell, dude hates to lose and has taken responsibility for not improving this year. That sounds like the type of player I'd want on my team.

Rondo retired?

Hes def closer to Jason Kidd in terms that he came into the league with blinding speed, court vision, and no jumper

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Rondo retired?

I think he meant "young" as in 3 or less seasons in the league

Well he's got Nene atleast now, one very solid, smart veteran guy in the starting lineup. Give him Anthony Davis and somebody decent on the wing that's not a Crawford/Nick Young clone and we'll see where he's at then. If the Wiz are still losing 50 games after that, then some of the people in here might have a point. I loved him in college so I do hope he ends up breaking out soon.

Part of it is the way his talents translate to the modern pg, and part of it translates to the coaching and culture in Washington.
This guy doesnt execute on offense, doesnt run as much as he could and to me is stiffer than Rose and Westbrook.

Say what you will about Rose and Westbrook, but they both had to attempt to execute as pg's early.

Flip doesnt require that.

Although Vinny was a cheap hire for the Bulls and Clippers for my money there isnt a better guy to develop a young team with.

Acknowledging his garbage x's and o's this guy instills the right attitude in young players and forces them to work on their problems.

If you grade Rose on the curve that he never ran S&R before his rookie season you got to acknowledge thats one of his strengths at this point. You cant really solve the fact that teams attempt to trap him but the strides are great. If thats the bread and butter of a pg in this league, and your not great at it you wont be great in this league at that position. 

Wall is to blame for throwing former teammates under the bus, not actually taking being great serious at this point, and imo not attempting to find what in basketball he is great at.

All we know about Wall 2 seasons in is that he is fast, but doesnt have the diversity in his finishes of a Rose, Westbrook, or even a Paul. He cannot shoot, has gotten worse at it, and while he displays flashes of passing ability he isnt great at it.

To me his ceiling is a bigger Rondo.

It took Ason Kidd over 15 years to find a jumper...didn't have one in Phoenix, Jersey, or even his first stint in Dallas.

Terrible is a terrible word to use...John will be fine as long as he doesn't pick up bad habits from playing with a team that is comparable to the Bad News Bears. 

Jason Kidd also knew when to slow the game down and actually run an offense, and didn't pound his chest and hop around the court after every lob pass or dunk occurs. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom