Johnnie Walker Black Label Appreciation Post

johnnie-black.jpg

pimp.gif
Discuss.

1st drink that ever got me paralytic.

to say i appreciate would be wrong but i respect it.....just like how a surfer respects a great white.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

1st drink that ever got me paralytic.

to say i appreciate would be wrong but i respect it.....just like how a surfer respects a great white.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Got a couple drinks left in a Blue and another full Blue on reserve.

Green is actually pretty good, too.

used to drink a lot of gold label. would break it out for dude night dinner parties.

we bought a bottle of blue label, but it's still in the suitcase. is probably never getting drank.

Originally Posted by illistwun

Johnny Walker Blue Label
pimp.gif

I am not a scotch person myself but my friend swears by this drink. Black to me is just horrible but blue, when i tasted it at the time, seemed more tolerable.

I got a bottle of Black Label for Christmas, along with a nice decanter and a set of scotch glasses.

Ive been gettin down with 2 fingers of the Black Label and 3 ice cubes. Pretty tasty.

Definitely appreciated. But I've been feeling for some Blue Label for sure (if I had the money King Louis XIV commemorative edition, FTW).

But Glenlevit 12 year ain't too bad either, or even Yamazaki.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by illistwun

Johnny Walker Blue Label
pimp.gif

I am not a scotch person myself but my friend swears by this drink. Black to me is just horrible but blue, when i tasted it at the time, seemed more tolerable.

Not up there w/ SAILOR JERRY IMO, but when I'm chillin' in K-town, eatin' some Korean Fried Chicken
pimp.gif
, we always get a bottle of black. The blue is just for show offs. To me, theJW Black does just fine, whether it be on the rocks or dry.

Sailor Jerry is my favorite liquor ever.

Followed by Hendrick's and 12 year Jameson.

I havent really had enough Scotch to have a favorite (although i did have a bunch of Chivas 12 year one time and really liked it), but im definitely enjoyingmy first bottle of Black Label.

Appreciated

I remember one June Day me and my boy were at a party and killed a bottle of that.. we were messed up that whole day.. Good times
pimp.gif

Isn't Sailor Jerry kind of a bish drink though?? it's that spiced rum $%%! right?? i mean it's nice but its in the southern comfort bracket imo.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Isn't Sailor Jerry kind of a bish drink though?? it's that spiced rum $%%! right?? i mean it's nice but its in the southern comfort bracket imo.

To each their own, but i love it. Its got great flavor, some kick to it (92 proof) and it goes great with coke.

One of my favorite drinks.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

I havent really had enough Scotch to have a favorite (although i did have a bunch of Chivas 12 year one time and really liked it), but im definitely enjoying my first bottle of Black Label.
Took your advice from a booze thread awhile back and gave that Hendricks a try and you were right... that stuff is pretty damn tasty cause itdoesn't have that weird herbal funk that most gin's have.

For you scotch drinkers both professional and novice, anyone using whiskey stones/rocks instead of ice? I got a set this Christmas from a white elephant giftexchange but I havent given it a shot. I like to drink a lot of whiskey (whether scotch, irish, or bourbon) + rocks, and when the ice melts jusssst a littlebet it does take a little bit of that edge off. Problem is when you let it sit too long and then it gets all watered down. Hopefully these whiskey stoneswill do the trick. Anyone have any experience with them?

As far as JW Black goes, it is more than fine in my book. A good solid drink all around. Unfortunately my pops doesn't feel the same way. It'scosting me an arm and a leg to have a premium open bar at my wedding next month which includes the JW Black, and I thought that would be sufficient (my dad isa big scotch drinker). But my old man is a classy chap (sarcasm intended) and insists on bringing his own booze to the wedding. Pops has been stockpilingbottles of JW Blue he picks up Duty Free when he travels to Asia and back for the last few years now and said hes gonna roll through with atleast 8 bottles. When I asked him why he needs 8 bottles for 1 night (cause I gotta pay corkage on them) he said cause he dont wanna mess with the Black and he doesn'tthink his friends do either. Needless to say, most of my boys are probably gonna be kickin it with my dad that night and leechin off some of that free Blue.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by oo206oo

I havent really had enough Scotch to have a favorite (although i did have a bunch of Chivas 12 year one time and really liked it), but im definitely enjoying my first bottle of Black Label.
Took your advice from a booze thread awhile back and gave that Hendricks a try and you were right... that stuff is pretty damn tasty cause it doesn't have that weird herbal funk that most gin's have.

For you scotch drinkers both professional and novice, anyone using whiskey stones/rocks instead of ice? I got a set this Christmas from a white elephant gift exchange but I havent given it a shot. I like to drink a lot of whiskey (whether scotch, irish, or bourbon) + rocks, and when the ice melts jusssst a little bet it does take a little bit of that edge off. Problem is when you let it sit too long and then it gets all watered down. Hopefully these whiskey stones will do the trick. Anyone have any experience with them?

As far as JW Black goes, it is more than fine in my book. A good solid drink all around. Unfortunately my pops doesn't feel the same way. It's costing me an arm and a leg to have a premium open bar at my wedding next month which includes the JW Black, and I thought that would be sufficient (my dad is a big scotch drinker). But my old man is a classy chap (sarcasm intended) and insists on bringing his own booze to the wedding. Pops has been stockpiling bottles of JW Blue he picks up Duty Free when he travels to Asia and back for the last few years now and said hes gonna roll through with atleast 8 bottles. When I asked him why he needs 8 bottles for 1 night (cause I gotta pay corkage on them) he said cause he dont wanna mess with the Black and he doesn't think his friends do either. Needless to say, most of my boys are probably gonna be kickin it with my dad that night and leechin off some of that free Blue.
Right on man, thats good to hear. I got a bottle for Christmas, and i cant wait for the first sunny day out here in seattle to pop that cork.

I havent tried the whiskey stones, but ive heard about em. I actually like a few ice cubes in mine to cut it a little when they melt, and to give it a slightchill. Like i said, im not a long-time scotch drinker, so i rarely drink it neat. (at home anyway, i always get it neat at a bar/restaurant)

And good luck with that open bar tab, lol.

Damn now this is for the ballers:

$499 to $1580

For this Johnnie Walker Blue King George V Edition:

johnnie_walker_king_george_v.jpg

johnnie-walker-george_v.jpg

eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom