Jordan 1 Alpha

Has anyone got an early release of these yet? Be interested to hear how they perform.

I'm curious as well, would love to get these specially with the full length zoom, would be great both casually and for hoopin as well

yeah the look like they would feel like balling in af1's, they dont look good. hope it works outr for you guys..

Originally Posted by purplehazen

yeah the look like they would feel like balling in af1's, they dont look good. hope it works outr for you guys..
Air Forces have full length zoom air now? Damn I've been missing out on a great hooping shoe!

You don't even understand what this shoe IS do you?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Air Forces have full length zoom air now? Damn I've been missing out on a great hooping shoe!

eyes.gif
Pay him no mind... He's just trying to get his post count up
laugh.gif

i like the concept, but im still skeptical on the implementation. i would have to hold these and wear these before i make a judgment.

Originally Posted by mt3130

i like the concept, but im still skeptical on the implementation. i would have to hold these and wear these before i make a judgment.

Yeah I think its a general opinion here, it seems like a good idea but unless you try it out its impossible to know without playing ball in them.

I would definitely love a review because they look like they could be a really decent ballin shoe.

^ Answer to your questions, full-length zoom is the one on the bottom. And the one on the top is full-length encapsulated air (Air Jordan XI)

275245054.jpg

On a comfort level of 1-10 for ballin. 1 being a retro jordan 1 cdp (horrible comfort) , 10 being a 2k4, these are about a 7...

This is a rather high rating, but the zoom air is comfortable, the shoe wraps the foot very well, the leather is nice and the updated traction is very nicealso... I would not reccomend for a serious basketball player because there is still no arch support in midsole, but overall this is comfortble shoe!

P.S. Got them early in BRED

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Can the zoom air puncture like the encapsulated air can?

It can.

The Alpha 1 seems to have the same bottom loaded Zoom setup as the 2010, which means the air unit is slightly closer to the ground too.

The outsole is probably thick enough to prevent anything piercing the air bag, but the fact that it's closer to the ground probably does increase
the risk just a bit.

yeah they fit bigger than OG high 1's but they are true to fit in their length, a little wider than other 1s in the toe box

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

eyes.gif

back when the jordan retro 1's came out in 2001 i use to put full length zoom air insoles in them because the cushioning was god awful. even after puttingfull length zoom air insoles in the 1's they STILL felt like crap. SO he isnt so far off in being worried about them. unless they dramatically changed theupper i dont see this shoe being great to ball in.... they just look like more trash jordan brand has come out with... is it really that hard to come up withan original shoe??? whens the last time jordan brand did that?

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

^ Answer to your questions, full-length zoom is the one on the bottom. And the one on the top is full-length encapsulated air (Air Jordan XI)

275245054.jpg
Pifferry
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NobleKane- Where did you get a full length zoom air insole? From another shoe? or can you buy them somewhere?

Originally Posted by HAGS

NobleKane- Where did you get a full length zoom air insole? From another shoe? or can you buy them somewhere?

yes from other shoes. back then there were a number of shoes that had either heel and forefoot zoom air in the insoles or full length zoom in the insoles.

Originally Posted by HAGS

There's a bunch of shoes that have a full length zoom insole.

Talache

Flightposite 1 and 3 (maybe 2?)

Zoom flight five.

Kobe 2

Zoom E cue

Lebron IV

...to name just a few.

I really don't remember the 2001 Retro 1's having full length zoom air. You SURE about that? This shoe is way different than your traditional pair of1's so saying these are like a AF1 is WAY off.

Back
Top Bottom