JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

How long do you guys normally wait for a shipping confirmation from Nike?

Never gotten through on there before.

Good stuff, hustle. It was a nightmare trying to get a pair, but I managed to score on Foot Action online after not having any luck with raffles and other online sites. Now I hope it actually ships. Any horror stories about FA cancellations? :X

I remember back at a closed footlocker location in 2001 you could get both the black/blue & black/red 1's for $59.99

I unfortunately didnt cop at $59.99 cause I didnt get every jordan retro at the early retro stages

A year later when I became a jordan collector I got the red/black 1 for $150 from a boutique I cant remember the name of thats out of business and the black/blue from niketown Australia back when you could do international phone orders at a discount.

Now at the end of 2013 the black/blue 1's go for $500 & the black/red 1's go for $400.00 right out the store

my boy with a full size run who has a excellent connect and didnt have to wait on a line or do a raffle gave me an extra pair for retail today sold sizes from seven and a half to 9 1/2 for $400.00 each all around manhattan today and is still getting calls for the rest of the sizes he still has left from 10 to 13

My how the so called sneaker game has changed in 10 years

Last edited:
Reactions: lyl

So Spoiled
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
shady foot action employee
mean.gif

There's no reason this shoe should have been this limited. As others, I only wanted a single pair....
mean.gif

Jordan Brand evidently does not want a lot of people's money.
It seems like this is the running theme in the thread for those who had difficulty getting a pair. I totally understand that mentality - let's look at it from a big picture perspective.

Nike released several big drops in December (company's busiest quarter in most cases) we know the effective BoM (bill of materials) to make the shoe ~$20....

Nike introduced 500-750K pairs of a new XI colorway...some hate it, some loved it.....go find a pair on the shelves somewhere right now - you can't....

The shoe culture has changed....PERIOD....1995 - I walked into a store in Brooklyn and grabbed a pair of Jordans, tried them on and swapped when I didn't like them as a kid.

Now, almost 19 years later you are fighting against pre-programmed bots using twitter to get an allocated RSVP to get a a pair in areas where Jordans once weren't popular.....it's mainstream culture fused with the image of "limited availability" in most cases....

NIKE DOESN'T CARE FOLKS......they have people dedicated to market research....all of us in here, each and every single one of us, as salty as you are, are feeding the machine, the hype.....DO YOU KNOW HOW????? by keeping the shoe relevant...

Nike knows they got us, if they release 100K pairs of OG 1's, and every one gets one, they lose....think about it...they want folks salivating and paying resellers...they use that as a gauge of popularity....why haven't we seen the II's or XVIII's retroed.......seriously....

Nike can drop 10,000 Pairs of Royals, "mis-allocate" and they become the sleeper of the year (bred OG to follow).....and the next release what do we ALL SAY????

"Never again!, I'm on my game, I'm not missing my grails" and so the cycle begins....none of us that say "I'm done" ever truly get out

All that happens is the pain of a loss goes away, we cop a good release here or there and like an ex girlfriend you still have feelings for, you find yourself having coffee together waiting for the next release....

It sucks wasting your time to come up short and in most cases, it sucks paying reseller prices...but this is a whole ecosystem starting with the RSVP bots, resellers, sites like UTA or CitySole all the way up to Nike....

nothings going to change in the near future....take the L and on the to the next one or pay the reseller or wait for a restock...

Tis the world we live in when it comes to Jordans and pop culture.

Last edited:
Anyways, there's a bunch of these floating around craigslist. Way more available to get locally than the Royals were. Obviously cuz most of the Royals released overseas.
most of those are probably "grey market" (fakes) that ppl stocked up before release and are trying to move them now at a higher price and easier to sell them as "authentic" now that these have officially released

Mannnn this really sucks I passed on all the releases this month and still I failed all raffles / online / and instore

J5 - what were the 'bay area codes' you mentioned?
Those r the codes to enter the online raffle for sheikh shoes. U have to go to the store in person to ask for the codes. But a few good NTers post the codes here last week for the stores around the Bay Area. Big props to em again!

Good stuff, hustle. It was a nightmare trying to get a pair, but I managed to score on Foot Action online after not having any luck with raffles and other online sites. Now I hope it actually ships. Any horror stories about FA cancellations? :X
Thanks man. Also thank you everyone else who commented/repped etc. No need to quote that novel b's lol. I just had to get it off my chest.

Im trying to go thru all the pages I missed to rep all the cool stories I see. But this thread is like the NYSE like someone said earlier today lol

@160jordansdeep

man its like a legit 180. I remember being at modells in 01 with these on the clearance rack. My mom tried all she could to convince on just getting those but I cried for some regular *** Nike that cost more than them (Air Uptempo?? maybe). It's a different world we live in b
I haven't given up hope yet
One more raffle to go (or strike out)
Good luck fam. Youve been in here as I can recall.  Get them

Sorry for the long *** post but I know this needed to be shared #noBlog

So I was beyond salty in this thread all week. Simply put.

If some of y'all remember I guess 400 pages ago, I had to decide btwn staying in buffalo and trying villa where im in school.... missing Xmas at home for the first time in life... and  having my moms never forgive me for that (Haitian btw).... or go home with no idea what to expect since I haven't lined up for a shoe since the Carmine's (which was a cakewalk compared to this mess). 

I chose to go home since I was homesick. Learned some stores were doing raffles. 

View media item 714763

Id have more raffle tickets but some stores gave them out days earlier before they said they would. I didn't know when they would call but assumed it was Friday night around closing. No phone call.
Heart sank. 

Stayed up for jimmy jazz. Had the link and probably every advantage possible. Never saw any sizes go up.

Heart sank.

Was gonna go to sleep but @Bee GoT GaMe 23
 and @NAPONAPO
 passively convinced me to try the 3 am releases on the international sites. Ended up being even worse than JJ.

Heart sank. 

Went to bed and got up early bc I couldn't sleep.  Set everything up for every site. NDC. FTL. FA. Eastbay. Everything. Couldn't even get anything in a single damn cart.
Heart...

PLUMMETED. 

Told my other homie after a good 40 mins of clicking and refreshing that I was done. I no longer cared and would rather grossly overpay from a reseller. I put my head down in my pillow to sleep off the whole Saturday 

It was over.

5 mins later, an unknown number calls. I picked up after 2 rings. Lady asked if this was Eric. I said yea. 

She told me I won the raffle for the blk/red 1s. I swore it was a dream and just said 'oh yeah?'

She cheered for me asked me what sized I wanted (actually got my size 9 x_x) and told me I had until 930 to scoop. Looked at the time and it was like 10 so I had to make sure she meant pm

Took a shower. Cried to @NAPONAPO
 @Bee GoT GaMe 23
 and my homie. Shaking and stuttering the whole time I ended up at my FTL. Told em my name and gave them my ID. Powerwalked pass the goons outside FA looking for a come up

View media item 714794

Honestly this has been the best/worst week ever. Best bc I got to see the Yeezus Tour Sunday, be home for xmas, and miraculously got the blk/red 1s. Worst bc I had to drive 12 hrs with traffic to get home, run around all day for those stupid *** raffle tickets, and bail on all my close friends doing reunions last night and today for the end of the year.

Honestly x2, this isnt worth the stress anymore. I got extremely lucky with this release bc I've never won any sort of raffle in my entire life. But jumping through these hoops and gizmos isnt for me. I learned that with this release. I was ready to succumb to a reseller for these. And in the future for anything as hyped as this that I truly want....I will do it no question.

Honestly x3 im just glad I dont have to maneuver though this thread anymore through yall stupid pizza party post.

*Stands in the corner of the party with a slight smirk.....secretly enjoying the pizza party*

View media item 714806

Ma dude! That's what I'm talking about! Mad years of camping together. Feels good when homies win.

Was able to get a pair through FTL, email confirmation. No shipping confirmation yet. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled.

i may not have been on here as long as some or have many reps, but  i have been a shoe enthusiast for a while, but that's not why i'am here,its cause i think of this as a  community of people,that have the same interest and share knowledge about shoes, i respect a few on here for their info, insight and help from time to time,last night i realized how many ppl were out just to buy an resell  these shoes,an it really hurts to see guys on here that always been into 1s, that few cared about before,miss out due to re-sellers, greed, and shady store employees.. i failed at 8 raffles and had to camp out,and listening to mostly younger dudes talk about  buying  shoes.. not cause of the love, but for profit is ridiculous,
mean.gif
and messes up chance for those who really love the shoe..i hope the ppl that really have love for the shoe  was able cop, an i hope all lame re-sellers flop.. my rant.. raspect

Back
Top Bottom