Jordan 1 High 85 "Black/White"- February 15th 2023

Nike bulljivin’ with the shipping. How the hell have I already received 2 orders that I placed after hitting on these? :smh:

I’m gonna be super tight if my one and only retail hit ever on a pair of 85s somehow ends up cancelled. :lol:

My toddler pair just arrived. The box is pretty cool. Now I’m still deciding on whether to buy a pair in my size…

6997AE42-58F9-42E7-96E7-D7D0EB1E74C0.jpeg
0B969528-46C4-4627-9897-1C82AB5CD918.jpeg

Nike bulljivin’ with the shipping. How the hell have I already received 2 orders that I placed after hitting on these? :smh:

I’m gonna be super tight if my one and only retail hit ever on a pair of 85s somehow ends up cancelled. :lol:
I just got the shipping notification so yours should be on its way soon hopefully

Decided to reshape these like I did my natural greys. The shape is def better on these. But if you wore 85s they look off from overhead view. Eyestay/collar has been laid down & roundly contoured and the toe flattened.

Shoes nice overall either way. Left is before, right is after for those curious.

Attachments

• 00EBB8A3-AF05-4F67-BD8D-2C60CB1EC6DF.jpeg
    00EBB8A3-AF05-4F67-BD8D-2C60CB1EC6DF.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 5D78B0BD-2026-4D8E-8E7A-2504E3603360.jpeg
    5D78B0BD-2026-4D8E-8E7A-2504E3603360.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 148
  • EC90D198-B5A7-4489-9125-2BC9B4944F05.jpeg
    EC90D198-B5A7-4489-9125-2BC9B4944F05.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 154
  • E706FDC9-F357-4744-AFD4-639D7236DAF7.jpeg
    E706FDC9-F357-4744-AFD4-639D7236DAF7.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 527462D9-36A8-4C1B-B5E8-11C1DEDB3445.jpeg
    527462D9-36A8-4C1B-B5E8-11C1DEDB3445.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 743
Decided to reshape these like I did my natural greys. The shape is def better on these. But if you wore 85s they look off from overhead view. Eyestay/collar has been laid down & roundly contoured and the toe flattened.

Shoes nice overall either way. Left is before, right is after for those curious.
How do you reshape a shoe?

People usually iron but I use a steamer. Steam, stuff to reshape then immediately cool for leather to take desired shape

Easily if your heat setting is too high
How did you lay the lower forefoot eyestay flaps down? Glue? Looks like you made them more narrow from the top down view like the OGs. It looks nice but does it compromise the fit at all? Seems like that would make them super snug and narrow at the forefoot even more than they already are. Looks great tho :pimp:.

Last edited:
How did you lay the lower forefoot eyestay flaps down? Glue? Looks like you made them more narrow from the top down view like the OGs. It looks nice but does it compromise the fit at all? Seems like that would make them super snug and narrow at the forefoot even more than they already are. Looks great tho :pimp:.

just a simple crescent motion with the steamer. It lays down easy. It doesn’t compromise fit at all and lengthens the laces like the originals.

That area is my biggest issue. The eyestay & collar were always contoured looking as if it hugged the foot. The mid foot was always more narrow while the collar flared out. After steaming I’d chock the laces slightly overnight to keep the shape.

just a simple crescent motion with the steamer. It lays down easy. It doesn’t compromise fit at all and lengthens the laces like the originals.

That area is my biggest issue. The eyestay & collar were always contoured looking as if it hugged the foot. The mid foot was always more narrow while the collar flared out. After steaming I’d chock the laces slightly overnight to keep the shape.
Nice. I may have to try this myself. I’ve always been hesitant to use an iron for reshaping but I definitely have a steamer. That OG top down view is everything. That’s one thing that they’ve definitely failed to replicate on the retros as well as the rounded collar.

You got it. Low setting, stuff the toe and mid foot with a sock. Damp the towel, and soft wrist motions going against the grain (as if you’re brushing your hair) never push down on the toe.

You got it. Low setting, stuff the toe and mid foot with a sock. Damp the towel, and soft wrist motions going against the grain (as if you’re brushing your hair) never push down on the toe.
I’ll eventually get around to trying this on my varsity red pair.

Props for the pics and diy info

So my GOAT pair just shipped from their Hong Kong facility...does anyone know if these even had an Asia release? I've spent 25 minutes looking at release info and everything I've found points to these having been a US/EU-only release, which makes me suspicious (even though I've never had any issue with GOAT).

So my GOAT pair just shipped from their Hong Kong facility...does anyone know if these even had an Asia release? I've spent 25 minutes looking at release info and everything I've found points to these having been a US/EU-only release, which makes me suspicious (even though I've never had any issue with GOAT).

They did. Asia gets 90% of the stateside releases. They don’t publicly drop info online you have to be a local and get info from HK SNKRS or Nikelab

Back
Top Bottom