Jordan 1 High 85 "Black/White"- February 15th 2023

🥲
7CDC7573-FC27-4045-8EFE-E793C995E504.jpeg

Honestly the biggest problem I’ve seen with the “new sneaker heads” is that they don’t really know anything about a shoe outside of its resell price.

I’m not saying you have to be able to recite Jordan’s career stats by heart and every game he wore the shoe in but at least know the basics.

Like I don’t even think they truly like shoes. I think they just like the value attached to it.

Agreed 10000%. Remember seeing a story in the Griffey thread where someone supposedly heard a conversation between a couple youngins in line for the Freshwaters where one asked what they were waiting on. Kid A says the Freshwater Griffeys. Kid B asks who/what that is, and Kid A responds I think he's some old basketball player or something, but these are going for $X so I'm getting them.

I also remember hearing young dudes ask for "E-Wings" when the Ewing 33 Highs were hot.

Personally I think Nike's abuse of the black/white dunks will negatively impact the demand on these.

We still want them because we know what they are, but the kids? They just see Panda and the high '85 mold doesn't carry hype on it's own.

I could be wrong

Agreed 10000%. Remember seeing a story in the Griffey thread where someone supposedly heard a conversation between a couple youngins in line for the Freshwaters where one asked what they were waiting on. Kid A says the Freshwater Griffeys. Kid B asks who/what that is, and Kid A responds I think he's some old basketball player or something, but these are going for $X so I'm getting them.

I also remember hearing young dudes ask for "E-Wings" when the Ewing 33 Highs were hot.

E-Wings sound cooler than Ewing.

Yeah it was during that run from 2012-2014 where everyone was wearing basketball shoes and sigs were selling out. Didn’t matter what brand. You had people rocking Foams and Lebrons/Kds/Kobe’s, some people rocking Questions and Kamikaze’s, some people rocking Ewings. Heck I even remember seeing a bunch of Gloves and Shrouds lol. Honestly it was refreshing seeing the variety of shoes on feet

2012-2013 ish.

If my memory serves me correct.

Def had a lil run in NYC during that time period, can't speak on elsewhere.

Yeah it was during that run from 2012-2014 where everyone was wearing basketball shoes and sigs were selling out. Didn’t matter what brand. You had people rocking Foams and Lebrons/Kds/Kobe’s, some people rocking Questions and Kamikaze’s, some people rocking Ewings. Heck I even remember seeing a bunch of Gloves and Shrouds lol. Honestly it was refreshing seeing the variety of shoes on feet

Yep, you guys nailed it. Not just NYC, it was LOTS of places. I'm in the Cincy area. They smoked here as well as Kentucky metro areas.

THIS I saw it all up down the east coast those days were awesome.

I was in NC

Back
Top Bottom