Jordan 1 Legit Check Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post and it's about a legit check on some Shadows.

Can somebody help me with these, they don't have the QC stamp. Thanks.

thank you, do you think that the label behind the tongue is stitched the right way?
Looks fine to me after comparing your pics to mine.

Maybe someone else can offer another opinion, but they look legit. There isn't any good replicas of shadows out as far as I'm aware.

View media item 1137898View media item 1137899View media item 1137900Here are photos of the side of the box and box lid. What did you notice that were off?
The box is legit, I wanted to see if the R were rounded off or square.

A few things that looks off..
-The shape of the toebox looks off
-The leather looks shiny
-The heel tabs look square
-the color of the leather looks too dark
I'm pretty sure those aren't authentic, but I've been wrong before. Wait for more opinions

Looks fine to me after comparing your pics to mine.

Maybe someone else can offer another opinion, but they look legit. There isn't any good replicas of shadows out as far as I'm aware.

Yep, I second that. Those shadows are legit

Thanks guys, so should i pull the trigger? Is everything at its place? My girl won't believe her eyes, dammit it was hard to find them for a resonable price.

Thanks guys, so should i pull the trigger? Is everything at its place? My girl won't believe her eyes, dammit it was hard to find them for a resonable price.
Go for it before someone else snags them.
nthat.gif

Thanks for the help man. I used youtube videos as reference before pulling the trigger. This is not a good feeling hehehe...
Sorry if this is late but the pictures you posted on the Jordan Breds are legit.

Reasons:

- The boxes/imprints around the Nike sign on the Soles are "define" or the engraving of the boxes are deeper

- Shoe laces are perfectly wrapped tightly and in a small bag

- Shoe box lid is stamped

- Shoe size tag box border is completely coded in white. The size tag box are align straight (fakes will show signs of smudge along the borderline) but the paint/glue coding should be a solid white. There is also a gap between shoe size tag and Nike Air tag.

I figure since most people here won't have the luxury of looking/feeling these shoes first hand (soft leather test), I'll point out some things  to look out for in pictures:

Obvious things that stand out on the fakes:

- Under the Nike Box, there is no Nike Air sticker under the swoosh

- Red laces are not tightly wrapped and are not in a small plastic bag.

- There is no red stamp on the cover of the Nike Box. (HOWEVER, I've read that some places sell them without the stamp. For legit check/failure purpose, it's always a good sign to have a stamp IMO)

- The shoe tree are WHITE.

- When looking at the Nike Sign/Logo (Where you see the SZ sticker i.e. US/EUR/UK), The NIKE Font and Swoosh will have a GREY line/shadow around the Font and Swoosh

Reference: (I have 3 pairs. 2 legit and 1 fake)

Sorry if this is late but the pictures you posted on the Jordan Breds are legit.

Reasons:
- The boxes/imprints around the Nike sign on the Soles are "define" or the engraving of the boxes are deeper
- Shoe size tag box border is completely coded in white. The size tag box are align straight (fakes will show signs of smudge along the borderline) but the paint/glue coding should be a solid white. There is also a gap between shoe size tag and Nike Air tag.

I figure since most people here won't have the luxury of looking/feeling these shoes first hand (soft leather test), I'll point out some things  to look out for in pictures:

- There is no red stamp on the cover of the Nike Box. (HOWEVER, I've read that some places sell them without the stamp. For legit check/failure purpose, it's always a good sign to have a stamp IMO)
- When looking at the Nike Sign/Logo (Where you see the SZ sticker i.e. US/EUR/UK), The NIKE Font and Swoosh will have a GREY line/shadow around the Font and Swoosh

Reasons:

Thank you sir.

how do you know? where is the reason mate?
Those have all of the telltale signs of a fake. Their are widows peaks on the leather, the leather is shiny, the R on the box is squared off, the box font is wrong, the wings logo is too low.

how do you know? where is the reason mate?
Sorry but they are fake.

Reason:

- The engraving of the wings are deep. If you use your finger/nail to scratch it, i bet you the noise is as loud as scratching the cardboard inside your box. On the legit pairs, you won't notice the engraving. Also, the wings on the legit pairs are glossy and shinny (as though a sticker/screen print was used instead of a deep engraving).

- The wings are pointing at the bottom hole. The legit pairs are usually tilted to point at the top shoe hole.

- The leather looks a bit shinier

- The shoe tree is white

- The bottom of the soles is the exact same as my fake pair.

- I'd check under your shoebox to see if there is a nike air sticker under the swoosh. There probably isn't.

I will say that these fake pairs have gotten better as they have shrunk the TM font on the wings, they added the white coding on the size tag, and the leather strains/cracks are much more visible.

Sorry if this is a buzz kill as I hate seeing people getting duped into getting fakes (I myself have been there).

@sero

There shouldn't be any posting of LC's on this thread. This is an official guide for the recent retro 1's.

But the pair you posted is 100% fake. Everything is wrong with them. The leather is way too shiny. The red isn't even the right shade. Visible widows peak on the toes. The detail on the soles are completely wrong. The (R) on the box is the wrong font. The font on the size tag of the box is also the completely wrong font. The shoe insert also shouldn't be white but more of a cardboard color. These are all obvious tells for fake 1's.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was curious about the Blk/Gold 1's. Do they make fakes with the speckled bottoms? I'm interested in a pair but not too sure if they're legit. Some signs are throwing me off. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom