Jordan 1 Obsidian 2019 Legit Check

Just got a Stock X pair of Jordan 1 Obsodians today and they aren't looking too good. I"m pretty sure they are fake. I've been collecting 1's for a bit so I am familiar with the telltale signs of fakes. I don"t have pics at this moment but I can provide at later point. I compared the Stock X pair sz11 to 2 sz11 retail pairs that I got on release, and a pair of crimson 1's I had laying around. Here are the reasons I 'm questioning them:
1.The smell was off on the Stock X pair. It was a glue smell but not the glue smell all Jordan 1 lovers have come to love.
2.The box lid of the Stock X pair didn't have the red factory stamp on the inside. All the pairs I used for comparison had the stamp.
3. The bottoms of the insoles when taken out of the Stock X pair didn't have the same glue patterns as the other comparison pairs.
4. The extra lace bag of the Stock X pair didn't have the right line spacing at the top of the bag. The 3 comparison lace bags all had the same correct spacing.
5. The toe box shape of the Stock X pair is wider than normal and slightly dented in. All comparison pairs were narrow and smoothly rounded.
Thats pretty much what I noticed off the bat. The production dates on the Stock X pair were different than the 2 retail pairs, but I know thats pretty normal. Like I said earlier I can provide pics at a later time, but I figured I could get some quick feedback from experienced heads. I haven"t contacted Stock X yet, but I've heard the process is not very fun.

They are probably authentic, most things you mentioned are not really signs of fakes.

1. My retail pairs did not have the typical Jordan 1 smell, Neither did my Crimsons. My pairs with the new shoe trees like the one below, seem to have have a different smell, from Nike. This may not apply to everyone.
95C6A677-8E5C-4157-B27B-15A5C9D16497.jpeg

2. The boxes won’t always have the stamp. Sometimes the stamp is on the inside of the box, not the lid, if you haven’t checked.

3. Glue patterns differ. The angle of the glue lines doesn’t matter. They can be glued all the way, but they don’t have to, some can be glued 3/4 up. Sometimes there won’t be a pattern at all.

4. There is no “right” spacing of the lines, it varies. One of my pairs has the typical spacing, while my other is spaced out a bit more.
7B968952-B127-4517-831D-1EB9EBB856FD.jpeg

C47CB61F-9C69-4A11-81F6-B8922733F7F2.jpeg

5. Toe box shape will have some variation. My toe boxes seemed slightly taller then usual.

6. Yes, production dates will differ.

They are probably authentic, most things you mentioned are not really signs of fakes.

1. My retail pairs did not have the typical Jordan 1 smell, Neither did my Crimsons. My pairs with the new shoe trees like the one below, seem to have have a different smell, from Nike. This may not apply to everyone.
95C6A677-8E5C-4157-B27B-15A5C9D16497.jpeg

2. The boxes won’t always have the stamp. Sometimes the stamp is on the inside of the box, not the lid, if you haven’t checked.

3. Glue patterns differ. The angle of the glue lines doesn’t matter. They can be glued all the way, but they don’t have to, some can be glued 3/4 up. Sometimes there won’t be a pattern at all.

4. There is no “right” spacing of the lines, it varies. One of my pairs has the typical spacing, while my other is spaced out a bit more.
7B968952-B127-4517-831D-1EB9EBB856FD.jpeg

C47CB61F-9C69-4A11-81F6-B8922733F7F2.jpeg

5. Toe box shape will have some variation. My toe boxes seemed slightly taller then usual.

6. Yes, production dates will differ.
Thanks for the feedback. I know these are GR and I'm not expecting perfection. It always makes me nervous when the red flags start adding up. Its good to know these issues are common.

Back
Top Bottom