jordan 12 - Jumpman Tabs Cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find any info on this so I wanted to ask on here. I bought a pair of OG 1997 12 Black/Red/Flu Games that were never worn but had cracks in the JUMPMAN tab on the lateral (outside) sides of the shoes.  Is this caused by slight separation of the sole since they're a little old? I've also tried these on a few times so I don't know if that was the case.  I was planning on wearing them but now I don't want to because of the cracks.  Was wondering if anyone knew more about it and if this is an easy fix.  Thanks

OG's are tanks, but the plastic jumpman tabs crack and eventually break off. Happen on mine. It occurs because of the age and type of plastic they used.

OG's are tanks, but the plastic jumpman tabs crack and eventually break off. Happen on mine. It occurs because of the age and type of plastic they used.
Exactly bro I own 1997 OG obsidian blues and they are basically brand new all around even insoles are still showing logos!! But that side tab thing is normal for a 22 yr old iconic shoe!! I was wondering myself what to do but, I don't want to mess with the authenticity of it. I also have 2012 retro obsidian 12s that I de-yellowed and the tabs on those are aged to yellowing. I want to know if I could interchange them some way?

F40C3F7D-B301-4A0B-8754-7CC8C5359576.png
Ive ordered replacement panels from here, worth it if you cant get a donor pair for the low off ebay.
Im trying to get 3 og pairs done before summer.

The 1997 and the 2003 pairs are not wearable at this point
Glueing them together at this point is silly and not worth the trouble

When I mean 2003s I mean the retros that came out that year
The lows are not wearable or any colorway of the 2003s highs and I believe the lows came out in 2004 But I could be wrong

I don’t know how your 97 pair is wearable but it will break Eventually

Now the 2012s are still wearable

When I mean 2003s I mean the retros that came out that year
The lows are not wearable or any colorway of the 2003s highs and I believe the lows came out in 2004 But I could be wrong

I don’t know how your 97 pair is wearable but it will break Eventually

Now the 2012s are still wearable
You must not see my pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom