Jordan 13 Flint.....differences between years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Hoping to get some quick answers to a few questions regarding the Flint 13's. I had the OG one's back in 97, and I want to get one of the retro's. From what I have seen, the 2005 version have the 3M, seem to have more padding and smooth leather. The 2010 don't have 3M, have less padding, and have tumbled leather. The 2010 seem to be going for more than the 2005 (400-450 on the 2010 compared to 300-350 on the 2005), what is the reason for this? Most the reviews I have watched say the quality seems to be better on the 2005? Thoughts?

The reviews are correct ,the '05 is better all around.
Better leather, cushioning all around,and 3m as you mentioned, makes them more OG esque.
The biggest issue with the 2005 is, they used red glue to attach the midsoles.
In doing so ,many pairs have that red glue apparent on the white pods.
Its a minor flaw, but a flaw none the less. 13s do hold up well so your good in that sense for casual wear on a 2005 pair.
Put an offer on stock x or the likes of ,u maybe be able to get them for below 300.
Although being its 14 yrs past the release date , pairs are becoming scarce, with that said most sellers want top dollar.

Good luck with your search.

I had an '05 pair a couple of years ago. Quality and fit was spot on. I've never owned any of the other releases, but I have seen them in person. Definitely the no 3M is a deal breaker. The only other issue you might find with an '05 pair is midsole separation.

cool thanks for the replies and seem to match what I have a been hearing from youtube reviews and on the web. So why do the 2010 pairs go for more? People more worried about the glue issue (which I think can be removed if done carefully) and getting the older shoes that might be more susceptible to falling apart?

2010 def was average to low quality. Start of the 13s quality decline. I talked to someone the other day that still wears their 98 pair. Reglue should fix an 05. Hologram may be replaced too by a restorer

Thanks guys. Just pulled the trigger on a pair on stock x for $300. Figured that was a decent price for my size 11.5

I'll post pics when they arrive and let everyone know how they look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom