Jordan 3 retro 88 Legit check plz help!

Just bought these and am unsure if they are legit or not. Everything looks legit but the jumpman on tongue looks kinda low budget. Im not a sneakerhead so your guys input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. One question. The stitching underneath the toe. In pictures the stitches seem smaller/shorter then on this shoe. Is this of any significance? Is this a tell for fakes or no?

My crimson have a total of 18 stitiches. These 88s have 14 stitches. Does this mean anything?

The box is quite different from my crimson box too. The jumpman on box is arm looks wayyy to skinny and the font is choppy.

Here is some more photos. Thx again all for anyone who can help me. I'm really stumped right now...

when i get home ill let u know. i think sole supremacy posted a couple of photos distinguishing a fake from a real sneaker. primarily the insole is a dead give away. if the a in air doesn't have a pointy a its fake and if the Nike symbol in the insole doesn't have a bold print its fake other than that the shoes check out. sneaker look worn. so many creases geeeezzz

They legit fam, i have a pair from ndc. The only difference is the production dates my started 9/10/12. But it dosent matter really, air unit good stitching also. The only thing that kinda made me think they were fake was the tongue. But you should be good

Thanks again guys. But what about the toebox stitching? Bigger and less stitches? I think authentics have 18 stitches, these have 14. The box also looks so fake for sure. How can the box be like this? The jumpman and air symbol are way too thin. These 2 things are really throwing me off bad!

Hey fam i did some more research and i believe they might be grey market variants. Everything looked legit but i think i was wrong. Do you mind telling me where you got them?

I got them off craigslist for $370. He wouldn't even budge after negotiating back and forth for $10 even. Can you explain to me what grey market variants are? Thanks.

Im Sorry but THese are Fake.

1. Elephant Print - Too Dark and Close to Each Other
2. The Box..the Font is off. Go look at any box font its completely different.

3. Insole the NIKE...is all mashed together. Nike each letter should be able to tell apart...yours looks mashed up - FONT SHOULD BE CLEAR...not faded font..

4. Production date...last time i checked nike doesnt print different production dates...or i never seen this.

Does noone see this?

I'm positive that they are grey markets. But @originality you are only half right.

The elephant print is fine but the grey area may be slightly darker. They're different on every shoe so hard to define.
The box is definitely off there's no doubt about that.
The insole is 100% legit. The nike is supposed to be close together like that. Please see here: http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-3-retro-88-authentic-vs-fake-comparison1/
As for the production date I don't know. Bottom line they are grey markets. Pretty upset about that but not much I can do now.

ALL YOU F'N KNOW IT ALL INSPECTOR GADGETS DON'T KNOW CRAP! ALL HERE SAY AND OPINION. THEY ARE LEGIT MY FRIEND. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET EVERY PAIR LOOKING THE SAME. SOME HAVE THICK ELEPHANT PRINT, SOME HAVE THIN ELEPHANT PRINT. HELL, I'VE EVEN SEEN SOME WITH 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF ELEPHANT PRINT ON THE BACK OF THE SHOES. THE SAD REALITY IS JORDAN BRAND IS JUST FLAT OUT GREEDY CHEAP. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SHARE HOLDERS PROFITS WITHIN NIKE. JUST SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTHS. NOWADAYS. YOU GET WHAT YOU GET! AND THIS IS NIKE/JORDAN BRAND'S NEW SIGNATURE.

Last edited:
The shoes look legit but your box is off...look how the words slant on the back there suppose to be in a straight uniform line

Guys i dont know about these 3's, i had exactly the same pair and the only thing that look off to me is the Tongue. Nobody mention the tongue , it looks all crooked. I had exactly the same pair and these chinese legit blogs say they fake. Im totally confused about the 3's now

I just checked the production dates and they same like ur pair, so i really want to know if these are legit or not

Back
Top Bottom