Jordan 3 Tips/Advice

Hey nike talk, I just gotta quick question for all of you. I ordered some deadstock air jordan iii's true blue and white cement's and I'm just wondering if painting defects are normal. stuff like little visible holes in the midsole paint of the tb3's. I never bought a pair of 3's from an actual in store retailer so I'm just wondering if I should get my money back or if its just a minor flaw that comes along with all jordans because they aren't supposed to be 'perfect'.
do you guys use sneaker shields if so what kind or do you guys just let them crease 

also how do you guys manage to get the blue jean stains of of the back tab of the 3's? I used a magic eraser it comes off over time but if anyone has a real good method of getting that stuff back to white please post. 

thanks for the responses fellas.

Paint holes are normal (but depends on size of the holes).
No sneaker shields for me.
I have not found a way to remove the blue jean stains. I just avoid wearing blue jeans with my shoes.

Originally Posted by SirCharles

Paint holes are normal (but depends on size of the holes).
No sneaker shields for me.
I have not found a way to remove the blue jean stains. I just avoid wearing blue jeans with my shoes.

yea the holes are real tiny but come in bunches. 

hey gehttoblaster12, 
I found that if you waterproof the area where your jeans touch the shoe, you should be fine. The waterproofer forms a chemical layer over the leather itself so anything that drops or touches it only touches the chemical layer. Now i know some people have a problem with spraying chemicals on their shoes but i mean shoes are shoes.. I spray my true blue 3's every 2 weeks.. and ya. the blue jeans stain because water gets into the jeans then the dye "runs". 

So thats my two cents worth ahah..

also you can get the water proofer at like finishline or footlocker.

Just wear your shoes. Trying to prevent creases and all that nonsense is stupid.

Originally Posted by sirpepperoni

bill did you find the water proofer helps stop the midsole cracking at all?

for me, i have not and i spray all of my shoes, except the patent leather parts.

i'm thinking that ill spray an extra coat or two on the midsoles of my next pair and monitor from there.

also, i do not use the protective spray sold in shoe stores because it's overpriced.
instead, i've always used coleman pro-techt and it works great.  cheaper too!

op, no shoe is absolutely perfect so as long as there isn't an obvious defect, don't sweat it.

Originally Posted by MDkicks

Just wear your shoes. Trying to prevent creases and all that nonsense is stupid.

I used to think it was stupid too, until it started getting expense to buy 2 of the same, this way, I don't need to buy multiples.  Keep the shoes looking new. 
Sneaker shields is the best way to go.   And use rubbing alcohol and/or acetone to remove jean stains, works great. 

I use the magic eraser to when a scuff of stains get on my shoes .
I personally don't use shoe decreasers or put any spray on em .
but do your thing to keep them fresh , you paid for them .

Originally Posted by sirpepperoni

bill did you find the water proofer helps stop the midsole cracking at all?

I dont understand how water proofer could prevent paint cracking? Anyone care to explain?

^^ Stop wearing them.
put them in a cupboard and they'll stop cracking.
IF YOU WEAR 3'S THEY WILL CRACK.
SIMPLE.

I think the chemical composition of the water repellent adds as a bond to the paint. I mean I don't see why you shouldn't add water repellent on your shoes. It's like a 2 for 1. Keeps water off your shoes and protects paint(supposedly)

I've never actually worn sneaker shields. When I unDS my second pair of '11 Metallic 5s I'm going to invest in some shields though. My first pair creased on the second or third wear.

Heard toothpaste works well for removing the blue dye on the back heel tab, just never tried on j's, just af1s and it works.

As for any defects you think would mean its not normal, you would have to post pics bro, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom