Jordan 5 2013 Version or 2018 Version?

The Fresh Prince

formerly airsakuragi
I’m interested in securing a pair in the coming months and am trying to decide which pair to secure. I’m wondering about the pros and cons of each version in a size 12.

2013 Version:

E731EA88-C3D5-4196-BF96-4AB22AD2CE8D.png

2018 Version:

3AEC5DC7-F9DB-446A-9F0A-9EB8D17E49C5.jpeg

The 2018 pair is better in every way except the lack of laces, but laces can be added without much trouble. The 2018s are actually a really well constructed pair overall, nice soft leather and durabuck around the ankle collar like the 1990s had.

I bought my pair a year or so after they releases at a shoe consignment store at the mall for like $220.. Was planning on adding the laces immediately, but then I wore them without the laces and it kinda grew on me. I’ll wait til the next grape retro to have a pair with laces I guess 🤷‍♂️

option 1 is from 9 years ago & the other option has no laces

Lol I would just wait after seeing the post from my man Arthur Shelby Arthur Shelby

If I had to have them today, I'd definitely pick the pair with laces lol

Both of you are right, since the shoe is almost a decade old the midsole could possibly crumble. I don’t know if this is true but I’ve heard that it’s possible the 2013 pair might not crumble quickly due to the midsole being closed cell.

I would think you would want the pair without lases . They were more Fresh Prince themed, with Nike Air on them. I remember people buying the hole punchers and they were actually coming out looking good. Just figured you already had a pair of those honestly.

Trigger warning, unpopular opinion. The Nike Air on the back thing is overhyped. Unless you grew up in the 80s with the OG models, making a big deal about the NA vs Jumpman logo is straight hypebeast sh*t.

I don’t have a strong preference but the Jumpman heels are what I actually grew up with and what I consider “believable” vintage. Because you know any retro with the Nike Air actually came out recently or is too old to actually wear without crumbling.

The Jumpman logo is more aesthetically consistent anyway plus Jordan branding makes it more recognizable as a “special” product than regular ol’ Nike Air, to those who don’t know much about Jordans (AKA most people).

I’m fine with small design changes. A lot of non-OG colorways are really just slight variations of the OGs anyway. And I don’t hate the 2018 WC3s just because the clear sole isn’t OG. It’s just a small difference in design and it just ain’t that serious

Last edited:
Trigger warning, unpopular opinion. The Nike Air on the back thing is overhyped. Unless you grew up in the 80s with the OG models, making a big deal about the NA vs Jumpman logo is straight hypebeast sh*t.

I don’t have a strong preference but the Jumpman heels are what I actually grew up with and what I consider “believable” vintage. Because you know any retro with the Nike Air actually came out recently or is too old to actually wear without crumbling.

The Jumpman logo is more aesthetically consistent anyway plus Jordan branding makes it more recognizable as a “special” product than regular ol’ Nike Air, to those who don’t know much about Jordans (AKA most people).

I’m fine with small design changes. A lot of non-OG colorways are really just slight variations of the OGs anyway. And I don’t hate the 2018 WC3s just because the clear sole isn’t OG. It’s just a small difference in design and it just ain’t that serious

6F907185-5060-4837-91C3-C448069B6B8D.gif

Lol keep telling yourself that.

Reported

Back
Top Bottom