Jordan 5 White metallic from Flight Club - different length laces

I bought these online at flight club. I know they're supposed to be 100% authentic but it doesn't hurt to check. One thing that I found weird was that the laces are two different lengths. Maybe 4 inches difference. Also the production date is not the same for each shoe although I think that's normal. any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

View media item 1791411View media item 1791412View media item 1791413View media item 1791414View media item 1791415View media item 1791416View media item 1791417View media item 1791418View media item 1791419View media item 1791420

why pay FC rape prices if you're going to second guess them, especially on a shoe that sat

these are just fine

why pay FC rape prices if you're going to second guess them, especially on a shoe that sat

these are just fine

Fair point I guess. Although I wouldn't really describe the price of these as rape. I have seen some prices on the website that are obscene. $500+ for Bred XIs, etc. I paid $250 for these which is maybe a little high I think I saw them on eBay for ~$220. I figured it was more straightforward and a much much less chance of getting a replica. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Just like if I saw these on eBay for $150 they are almost certainly going to be reps, but it's not impossible that they are authentic. So if you buy from flight club you pay a little more but 99% of the time, maybe more i don't know, they are legit. But there's still a chance they are not authentic. I don't see the harm in double checking. And like I said one lace was 4 inches longer than the other which is what made me wanna check more than anything

lace length can just be an anomaly, my friends hares that he bought from villa had laces that couldn't go to the highest eyelet

and I've honestly seen vnds of these go for only 150, the reception for these wasn't too good cuz it's a plain shoe(tho I like em)

lace length can just be an anomaly, my friends hares that he bought from villa had laces that couldn't go to the highest eyelet

and I've honestly seen vnds of these go for only 150, the reception for these wasn't too good cuz it's a plain shoe(tho I like em)

I'll take your word that these were not well received, cuz I really don't know. To me that doesn't matter whether I want a shoe or not. I think these are among the nicest of all 5s, and 5s are among my favorite Jordans. I guess some people are more interested in getting a certain shoe because it's popular or whatever. I just like what I like. Sometimes I just don't understand what makes one shoe so highly coveted and another an afterthought.

I guess you're not a fan of Flight Club
the thing with flight club is you are paying extra to guarantee the authenticity; as well as pay some reseller.

So LCing a shoe from flight club, 4inch lace difference or not,  is overkill.

Also, pimpdaddy is 100% on these, they sat (I got mine for $129 from SNS when they made a pricing error)

You are worrying about nothing.

You also remind me why I'm never going to open a sneaker shop.

I see this time and time again, sneakerheads nitpicking little things, questioning everything.

the thing with flight club is you are paying extra to guarantee the authenticity; as well as pay some reseller.

So LCing a shoe from flight club, 4inch lace difference or not,  is overkill.

Also, pimpdaddy is 100% on these, they sat (I got mine for $129 from SNS when they made a pricing error)

You are worrying about nothing.
You also remind me why I'm never going to open a sneaker shop.
I see this time and time again, sneakerheads nitpicking little things, questioning everything.

So youre saying every pair of shoes that has ever been sold from flight club is authentic. Also I wasn't trying to nitpick I was mostly just curious about the laces and if anyone else had ever seen that

Apparently nobody
no one with half a brain is going to be a fan of a reseller.

you are overpaying on a MSRP.

Anyone that likes to give away money should have their head examined.

I understand the argument of "its my money and I'll do what i want"

In this case you purchased shoes from flightclub at a premium.

thats fine, its your money.

I'm sure a few fakes have slipped through the cracks and FC.

They are human and it happens.

I can also believe that someone switched your laces, or nike QC slipped and intentionally gave you mis-matched laces.

You are also taking this personally.

its a general statement that a lot of sneaker collectors nitpick.

from shipping times to QC

check any forum on here days after release day and its:

has anyone received shipping confirmation?

anyone received "X" shoe like this?

ETC.

In the end, its on you.

your money, your time, your shoe.

if you honestly feel you have a fake J, return it.

NT can only do so much for you.

My .02

no one with half a brain is going to be a fan of a reseller.

you are overpaying on a MSRP.

Anyone that likes to give away money should have their head examined.
I understand the argument of "its my money and I'll do what i want"

In this case you purchased shoes from flightclub at a premium.
thats fine, its your money.

I'm sure a few fakes have slipped through the cracks and FC.
They are human and it happens.

I can also believe that someone switched your laces, or nike QC slipped and intentionally gave you mis-matched laces.

You are also taking this personally.
its a general statement that a lot of sneaker collectors nitpick.
from shipping times to QC
check any forum on here days after release day and its:
has anyone received shipping confirmation?
anyone received "X" shoe like this?
ETC.

In the end, its on you.
your money, your time, your shoe.
if you honestly feel you have a fake J, return it.

NT can only do so much for you.

My .02

I wasn't saying that I think they're fake. I don't even really care that the laces are different. It's a little inconvenient but I'll have to go get new ones. I just though it was interesting.

did you take off the laces or did it come like that? 

if it came like that i'm pretty sure someone along the way switched out the original laces. 

did you take off the laces or did it come like that? 

if it came like that i'm pretty sure someone along the way switched out the original laces. 

I took them out cuz when I was adjusting the laces I thought they looked uneven and I wanted to compare them next to each other

What were the length of the laces? They should be as follows:
[table][tr][td]Sneaker[/td][td]Eyelets[/td][td]Type[/td][td]Length (CM)[/td][td]Width (CM)[/td][td]Length (In)[/td][td]Length (In)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Air Jordan 5[/td][td]7 pairs[/td][td]Flat[/td][td]137[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]54[/td][td]0.31[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom