jordan boxes

hey NT just had a question..... were jordan retro boxes from 06' a different size from the 2011retro boxes? or have they pretty much stayed the same size?

boxes now see bigger overall, but different styles sometimes use bigger boxes too so it depends what you compare.
Without actually comparing boxes I do believe my 06 retro 7 box is bigger than the box for the bordeaux 7s in the same size, but most other boxes seem to be larger generically speaking(referring to the default retro box, XI/CDP/III boxes I'm not counting)

Well let's see, the box for the 4's was pretty small, 7's was bigger, 5's was big.
+*#$ it, they seem big now but not really much bigger than before when they first introduced the current boxes.
Yup, I'm done, that's my final answer.

thanks for the help you nailed it right on the head..... cuz i have a pair of mars iv's size 11.5 and the box is almost the same size as my bordeaux vii's which are a 10.5

Well it depends. Last month i sold my Peapod VIII's (released in 08') , OG box. I was double boxing them and was reusing the box that my Olympic VII's (released in 2010) were shipped to me in. They didn't fit even though they were both size 9's
indifferent.gif
The VIII box was huge compared to the VII box.

Yea the boxes used now compared to past retros are a lot bigger. My military blue 4 box is quite small but the box for the bordeaux 7 was huge, much bigger than the box my olympic 7's came in.

lolz, Cool Grey IXs came in the smallest box ever! I remember trippin when I first saw the box because it was SOOOO small I figured there was no way it was a Sz 12.

Originally Posted by neverDS

thanks for the help you nailed it right on the head..... cuz i have a pair of mars iv's size 11.5 and the box is almost the same size as my bordeaux vii's which are a 10.5

happy I was able to help you because I just re-read what I typed and I know know what the heck that was or what I meant
laugh.gif
 that was ugly
embarassed.gif

I can say with 99% certainty though my retro 4 box is the smallest I have with the newer style boxes. I do believe after size 11 or 11.5 the size boxes used generally increases, which would match perfectly with your bordeaux 7 box being around the same size.

they need to brind back those damn silver face boxes those were filled with my joints right there like the o4 bred 12s 13s they need those boxes brought back these new ones are just too hybrid looking

Originally Posted by neverDS

hey NT just had a question..... were jordan retro boxes from 06' a different size from the 2011retro boxes? or have they pretty much stayed the same size?
well the box sizes does not depend on design but are often chosen deliberately sometimes.
the biggest box i had was for the AJ 1 retro in 2011. It was higher and longer than most.

boxes for my AJ 11 and most retros were rather small.

I remember the original box for the OG X which was very long shaped, almost

like those of the Nike Cortez LOL.

Originally Posted by Startin2Stack

I miss Jordan face boxes
eyes.gif
Ha yeah me too. But theyre kinda flimsy compared to newer boxes. I guess that comes with age though.

My 2011 IX charcoals box is HUGE compared to my 2010 II QF box. Thats my only comparison I can offer really.  

i noticed this when i bought my AJ1 Banned size 12

the box seems like throwing a hot dog in a hallway...............its huuuuuuge compared to the shoes

yeh haha from my older ones they size was a lot different from the other ones or newer ones

Current boxes are a lot bigger. I'm glad to see the cement boxes coming back. Maybe other releases, such as the 4s, will have special boxes too.

i don't mind the new aged boxes. sleek and simple. and i also like the boxes they throw with the 3's and 11's.. doesn't justify such a price markup tho hah.

ya the banned 1's size 12 & up are 11.5" wide & just as long as the xl 2006 gold dmp double box

the 2006 grape 5 box is huge as well, slightly bigger than the aj5 retros from that period

for a few years, those face boxes were pretty consistant in size for all models
the grey lids or current boxes are the sturdest in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom