Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Very interesting article one Sole Collector stating their new product line and quality control direction.

I tried to embed the link but it seems SC links are forbidden. Also new retros will have 10% to 15% price increase depending on the model. In other words expect $200 Jordan XI mid now.

Here's a quick snippet of the article.

Is this remastering of the retros limited to particular shoes, or is it the way they’ll all be done?
Dave Schecter: We are going to be remastering out whole retro line starting Spring 15. It’s comprised of a couple different factors. One, we have the most highly qualified colleagues in Asia at the factory level who are working on our retro products. We have really high standards for production and quality controls. That’s one big part of it, and that kicked in last year actually, so we’ve been doing that for a while. And then the next piece is that we’re going to be, starting with Spring 15, all retro models in men’s are going to be redone, meaning new materials and getting as close to the original construction as humanly possible. It’s a pretty big deal.

Last edited:
Sounds good. But i guess all retros from spring 2015
Might be between 180-200 euros.
but if they really use good leather focus on all detailsand bbring back nike logos for aj 2 - 6 with correct coloring, that would be interesting though.

but like some if us stated before, its jbs tactic not to retro the og colorways correctly for years and now since 2013 they make them look closer to the ogs little by little through each release.
What needs to be improved are the materials, shape and details.
for the aj 8 and 9 i expect the lace holders to be done like on the ogs.
aj 11 must have better patent leather cut and the jumpman on the left shoe must face forward.

Last edited:
They didn't deny the Nike logo but they didn't confirm either. He basically dodged the question.

The materials are looking good so far judging from high res pics. But damn $185 to $200 for the average retro is insane. Hopefully they make larger quantities...that's the key.

This is a load of crap. That's what tinker said years ago and all they did was include original looking boxes and give us more tissue paper and shoe trees.... Those pics don't look any better than what's been releasing but if you sheep want to believe this and drop 200 go ahead lol. personally I will not be paying 200 even if it was as good as original quality. even that leather still is not worth nowhere near 200 dollars.

I'll believe it when I see it.

And does this mean another price increase?

JB was going to increase their prices none the less. Seems like their "upgrade" in materials is just a justification of the price increase.

Lot of hooplah over $20. But im buyin what JB is selling. $20 increase wont bother me in the least bit if it comes with some better quality, even if its just better quality control id still be buying it.

Last edited:
This actually looks like they're listening to us

Remember how all these people used to run in threads saying they'd pay extra for a more authentic product with better materials?

That along with how Nike can get Lebron's and Foams to sell fairly well at above $200.

Waaaaa laaaaaaa

This actually looks like they're listening to us

Remember how all these people used to run in threads saying they'd pay extra for a more authentic product with better materials?

That along with how Nike can get Lebron's and Foams to sell fairly well at above $200.

Waaaaa laaaaaaa
The most COVETED shoes on the map n M f rz want to get em @ PAYLE$$ prices?! Im good @ $2 hun if need  b and quality up ta snuff! 

Back
Top Bottom