Jordan CP3 VII

Thanks ! Who's ig is this?
Jared zwerling I found it on bleacher report . This is at a place called kickz101 over here in australia . These guys are probably the most serious shoe guys over here giving foot locker a run for thier money .

Last edited:
Hey guys - first time posting. Just picked up a pair of VII and balled in them for the first time yesterday. They felt great... except the sizing felt a little big. In particular, the toe box felt pretty roomy - certainly more than the Hyperdunks 2011 I came from.

Anyone else find this, and if so, how to fix? Wearing two pairs of socks is probably not an option because the rest of the foot was pretty secure.

Or is this just something where I have to tie the shoe laces tighter at the forefoot and hope for the best? I know someone else mentioned earlier in the thread that may need to size down 0.5 from usual Nike sizing. Thanks.

By the way, really nice balling in leather - so props to Jordan Brand for using leather instead of Flywire etc. Big fan of the shoe and the look, other than the potential toebox issue. 

Hey guys - first time posting. Just picked up a pair of VII and balled in them for the first time yesterday. They felt great... except the sizing felt a little big. In particular, the toe box felt pretty roomy - certainly more than the Hyperdunks 2011 I came from.

Anyone else find this, and if so, how to fix? Wearing two pairs of socks is probably not an option because the rest of the foot was pretty secure.

Or is this just something where I have to tie the shoe laces tighter at the forefoot and hope for the best? I know someone else mentioned earlier in the thread that may need to size down 0.5 from usual Nike sizing. Thanks.
I've noticed it is fairly roomy too, but I got my true size and they've been just fine for me (i have narrow feet too).  I do find that it is harder to tighten these a lot at the forefoot/midfoot area, due to the tongue being so thick.

What kind of socks are you wearing?  I slid around a bit when I wore dri-fit socks.  It was not an issue with regular cotton socks

Another CP:

Liking the glossy look to it lol i'm gonna have quite the collection of these shoes when all's said and done.

First off I have NO IDEA where anyone's getting this "they run big" thing.

No offense but did you buy fakes or something?

THEY RUN SMALL.  I'm normally a 10, and had to go up to 10.5, where they're perfect.  WARNING KIDS LOOKIN TO BUY THESE - do NOT listen to these foons claiming they run big.

B/c TRUST ME they don't.  You'll thank me later when you choose not to follow that "advice".

As for the shoes, they're better than the Hyperdunks (slightly better cushioning and less heel slip) and WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than those PATHETIC Superfly II's.  Those things are UNCOMFORTABLE as HELL, no cushioning, MASSIVE toebox in height, and is made out of freakin KEVLAR or something.  Seriously they feel like BOOTS, material is hard as hell.  Awkward, clunky, minimalist materials.  Just terrible lol.

Most overrated, overhyped shoes I've ever worn in my LIFE.   You can't feel any supposed zoom air.   They're so awful they remind me of those alien Air Max Duncans that were so bad I had to buy inserts they hurt so bad.

The problem is that people buy into stupid hype too much (*cough* pricksoncourt) and buy shoes without even caring about oh say comfort and support.  They don't realize that Nike made a HUGE release on the Superflys and WITHOUT A DOUBT paid certain tools under the table to put in a good word.  But BELIEVE YOU ME - the Superflys are TERRIBLE shoes.

My bad about the rant... lol

Basically though CP's are prolli the best guard oriented shoes on the market.   Haven't tried the XX28's, and don't plan to.  Too expensive,  impossible to find.  Haven't tried the Lebrons, have a feeling those will be overhyped to hell too, just b/c of the way they're constructed (Posite can be really really uncomfortable for long stretches) and they look just clunky and heavy.  Tech doesn't impress me, fit, comfort, and durability do.  Also not like paying 200 bucks for shoes impresses me as well. 

Last edited:

I've noticed it is fairly roomy too, but I got my true size and they've been just fine for me (i have narrow feet too).  I do find that it is harder to tighten these a lot at the forefoot/midfoot area, due to the tongue being so thick.

What kind of socks are you wearing?  I slid around a bit when I wore dri-fit socks.  It was not an issue with regular cotton socks
Yeah I was wearing the Elite Basketball socks, new socks too. That's a good point actually, they are actually a bit slippery until they've been washed a couple of times. So let's see this weekend!

I think it's just the toe box - the rest of the shoe feels TTS, but it might be because I'm coming from Hyperdunks where the toe box is much less roomy.

Last edited:

Yeah I was wearing the Elite Basketball socks, new socks too. That's a good point actually, they are actually a bit slippery until they've been washed a couple of times. So let's see this weekend!

I think it's just the toe box - the rest of the shoe feels TTS, but it might be because I'm coming from Hyperdunks where the toe box is much less roomy.
I disagree completely.

Again, where the hell are you guys buying your shoes?  I've tried both the 10's and 10.5's in CP3's they absolutely run small. 

Hyperdunks have heel slippage even in your real size.   They're pretty comfy, but the heel slippage is sad b/c you'd have to go DOWN a half size to get a tight fit.

That's what I've noticed objectively at Footlocker. 

It's not like I have wide feet.  They're pretty narrow actually.   So you guys must have REALLY skinny feet or something, or maybe you're getting used or fake shoes, I have no idea what's goin on lol...

I disagree completely.

Again, where the hell are you guys buying your shoes?  I've tried both the 10's and 10.5's in CP3's they absolutely run small. 

Hyperdunks have heel slippage even in your real size.   They're pretty comfy, but the heel slippage is sad b/c you'd have to go DOWN a half size to get a tight fit.

That's what I've noticed objectively at Footlocker. 

It's not like I have wide feet.  They're pretty narrow actually.   So you guys must have REALLY skinny feet or something, or maybe you're getting used or fake shoes, I have no idea what's goin on lol...
No worries if you disagree completely, we all have different feet. But if you want to know others think, have a look at the Jordan sizing thread at SC, where most posters say Jordan Brand in general run TTS/big rather than small - http://goo.gl/WbZa6r

My Hyperdunks/CP3 are from Eastbay & Nike store respectively, so this isn't trying-at-Footlocker impressions either.

Last edited:

I definitely have to wash my Elites at least once before I feel comfortable playing in them...  they feel great when you get them, but the softness of the material seems slick when you're actually playing in them IMO.

Found this KILLER CP3 ID on Insta. Don't think I'd drop the cash to ID them, but if Nike ever did a Laker cw I'd grab these in a second. I think I'm going to grab the Camo version to hoop in, or the Red/Black. I like both Bel Airs but they're too flashy for me. 

Back
Top Bottom