Jordan DISSECTED ! vol jumpman pro OG

Many of you had high hopes when the Jumpman Pro's were being retroed, but were quickly disgusted when you found out about the faux carbon fiber plate- letalone the cushioning they had. Well I did a little research on niketown.com and they're said to have normal "nike air". And eastbay.com willtell you a different story, "midsole has a forefoot Nike Zoom Air[emoji]8482[/emoji] unit and DHIP performance cushioning in the heel for comfort and protection."

Without further ado, here's a further perspective of how things were done back in 1998

http://www.kenlu.net/foru...m-Pro-2009-04_38984.html

that is pretty cool. didn't realize the carbon fibre plate was so large.

nice...full-length zoom. nike and jordan dont seem to use full zoom at all anymore.

Originally Posted by mt3130

nice...full-length zoom. nike and jordan dont seem to use full zoom at all anymore.

Because it doesn't work well, then is said to be a contributor to certain overuse injuries. Many have complained of numbness of the foot, then tendonitisof the lower extremities while wearing full length zoom air. Just feels bouncy to me though!

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by mt3130

Because it doesn't work well, then is said to be a contributor to certain overuse injuries. Many have complained of numbness of the foot, then tendonitis of the lower extremities while wearing full length zoom air. Just feels bouncy to me though!

first time i heard that lol.

^^^First time I heard that too. But most of my favorite shoes to ball in all have double stacked full length zoom air, that is my fav. cushioning in a shoe.

Originally Posted by Genius44

^^^First time I heard that too. But most of my favorite shoes to ball in all have double stacked full length zoom air, that is my fav. cushioning in a shoe.

I guess it depends on how hard you play.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

^ being on the topic of full zoom has any shoe double stacked both in the heel and forefoot?

That would defeat the purpose to double stackingt. Double stack in the heel is meant to give the foot its natural downward feel to it. Having in the frontwould be overkill.

Didn't the zoom bb have full zoom as well? Jumpman pros have always been a shoe I wanted to buy but I never pulled the trigger on them.

full zoom doesnt mean there are zoom throughout the entire sole. It mainly just forefoot and heel Nike just like to advertise it as full length

i have the XX3's, but they don't feel like they have a full length zoom...
or maybe its just me...
ohwell.gif

^^ im wearing the XX3 at work right now, and i dont feel the full length zoom either.. i think its because the zoom is a very thin bag???

Originally Posted by KenJi714

full zoom doesnt mean there are zoom throughout the entire sole. It mainly just forefoot and heel Nike just like to advertise it as full length
No. Full-lenght means full-lenght. Separate units means it. Despite all the false advartisement you've came across.

It's amazing that we could get a shoe like the original Jumpman Pro for $120 in 1998. Nowadays we can't get near that level of technology in a shoe forthat price range.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

what the hell are you talking about

full length means exactly that, it's an entire longass sole of zoom air. which is entirely different from forefoot-heel zoom cushioning.
are you not able to see this? it's that yellowish part in the bottom half of this picture
y1p1nwDl6gLCrgkykAQojFk4ShZl2iKGedGeJF2Z1uBgS9fJP9jRD2uKEvsWsJriJUpfjC2E15zQ5ex7fxZNgnE2n7iIGR4J2No

forefoot zoom and heel zoom is just that-- zoom bags in those specific areas.
sometimes nike likes to combine it, or go one without the other.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Didn't the zoom bb have full zoom as well?
yeah zoom BB1 and BB2 have it. and if the BB3 comes out i'd expect it to have that also.

Anyone want to dissect the Jumpman Pro RETRO?

I'd like to see what DHIP looks like...

Back
Top Bottom