Jordan Hill,You just took a major L on this...

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

But the Knicks traded for McGrady. We won.

Mcgrady's knees > hill's basketball skills
But we beat yall though.

laugh.gif

eek.gif

that's pretty petty of d'antoni.
coaches are supposed to maintain a certain level of maturity, they're not supposed to sink to the level of players who are 1/3 their age
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

eek.gif

coaches are supposed to maintain a certain level of maturity, they're not supposed to sink to the level of players who are 1/3 their age
eyes.gif

yeah seriously...who does that?

you will never heard a coach who has ACTUALLY WON something say something so stupid...

jordan hill is absolutely right....this is the same thing that happened to darko, but darko was on a good team...so some-what different...

but rookies who don't get to play early in their career (especially lottery picks)...it will be hard for them to get going later on...

knicks are terrible...play your young guys and see what they have...d'antoni is a joke...and i hope so bad he gets fired...and we bring in avery, van gundy, or someone GOOD.

Originally Posted by copped

eek.gif

eyes.gif

you will never heard a coach who has ACTUALLY WON something say something so stupid...

jordan hill is absolutely right....this is the same thing that happened to darko, but darko was on a good team...so some-what different...

but rookies who don't get to play early in their career (especially lottery picks)...it will be hard for them to get going later on...

knicks are terrible...play your young guys and see what they have...d'antoni is a joke...and i hope so bad he gets fired...and we bring in avery, van gundy, or someone GOOD.

Yeah D'Antoni hasnt done jack to talk smack.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by copped

eek.gif

eyes.gif

Yeah D'Antoni hasnt done jack to talk smack.

Yep.  D'Antoni's a funny dude, love his unfiltered mouth (pause), but he's a clwown who never won when it matter during the Suns' hey day, and wasn't that needed in PHX, when they decided to let him go.  Thankfully he'll be gone when the Knicks return to the throne.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Man I was hoping he got dunked on when I clicked the title.

And we already covered it in the Knicks thread, no big deal... Hill thought he was snubbed, D'Antoni is a comedian and likes to son people, that's how it goes.

seriously...

Originally Posted by Steve212

Yep.  D'Antoni's a funny dude, love his unfiltered mouth (pause), but he's a clwown who never won when it matter during the Suns' hey day, and wasn't that needed in PHX, when they decided to let him go.  Thankfully he'll be gone when the Knicks return to the throne.

He's a coach that will get you to the playoffs but won't win you nothing relevant. If/When the Knicks become relevant again D'Antoni will probably be replaced by a proven winner after the Knicks get bounced early in the playoffs one of those years.

People saying Jordan Hill didn't do anything at Arizona are talking out their !#% because he was a monster his junior year.

Apparently it doesn't occur to some people that when a guy is still new to playing basketball and still raw that he's only going to improve if he gets steady burn. It's not like the Knicks drafted him expecting him to be polished and ready to produce.

And I lost a lost of respect for D'Antoni with that statement. It's not like J.Hill took a shot at him first or anything like that. IMO, you gotta be a coach with multiple rings to be sayin' **!# like that.

People gotta understand that Hill didn't play bball his whole life, started late. He's steadily improved each year. It's hard to call somebody a bust when he hasn't really gotten the opportunity to play. He's logged minutes with the Rockets and has shown flashes. If anything, if he is a bust, does it say more towards Hill, or, Knicks upper management for drafting this dude?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

People gotta understand that Hill didn't play bball his whole life, started late. He's steadily improved each year. It's hard to call somebody a bust when he hasn't really gotten the opportunity to play. He's logged minutes with the Rockets and has shown flashes. If anything, if he is a bust, does it say more towards Hill, or, Knicks upper management for drafting this dude?
laugh.gif

This. I mean dude didn't pick up a basketball until his junior year of high school. Since he's gotten to Houston, he's definitely shown that if given the proper guidance, he'll be a force. Rockets will be a problem next year. D'Antoni is the new Don Nelson, he just runs his mouth more.

laugh.gif

This. I mean dude didn't pick up a basketball until his junior year of high school. Since he's gotten to Houston, he's definitely shown that if given the proper guidance, he'll be a force. Rockets will be a problem next year. D'Antoni is the new Don Nelson, he just runs his mouth more.

knicks drafted him because we needed a PF. i never liked him when i saw him play in zona but the draft pick made sense since he was available and we needed a big man. we wanted steph, flynn, or rubio but all of them were drafted before our pick.

Brandon Jennings though? For all the Duhon hate, could have went down that route as well.

Only time will tell whether Hill is a bust. What I do know is the Rockets groom their big men into productive players. Landry, Hayes, Scola. Hill has the raw ability and attributes for he himself to be productive.

But the real fact of the matter is, what did Hill say that was so off base to begin with?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

we going to use that weak +!% line AGAIN? you sound like knick fans when they drafted hill

if your upside is chris $$@*!$% wilcox that should tell everyone something

Brandon Jennings though? For all the Duhon hate, could have went down that route as well.

Only time will tell whether Hill is a bust. What I do know is the Rockets groom their big men into productive players. Landry, Hayes, Scola. Hill has the raw ability and attributes for he himself to be productive.

But the real fact of the matter is, what did Hill say that was so off base to begin with?

no one expected jennings to be what he is now back then. everyone's eyes were opened when he dropped 55. jennings is a solid player but i dont think he will EVER have a 55 pt game for the rest of his career
laugh.gif

The knock on Jennings had little to do with his basketball skills and everything to do with his maturity/mentally. The vibe was that once he matures skill wise as a ball player that he would be in that uncoachable category. After seeing how guys like Marbury and Nate Robinson were handled it should be shock that they didn't draft a guy, that they projected as a future head case

I think the problem with Hill was that fundamentally he was a lot further behind when they drafted him that they thought he would be. If you also look at what the Knicks were doing early on in the season there was a greater emphasis on learning and knowing the offense, especially for the players that were going to remain their next near and the year after that. Then when you factor in that when Hill got playing time while there were times he showed flashes, for the majority of time he seemed lost. It's one thing being raw but it's another being raw and having no feel for the rhythem of the game

Whereas so far for the Rockets they just let him go out and play. He looked to have a better feel for what they were doing and it doesn't hurt that one of the games was against the Knicks.

Back
Top Bottom