Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

It's all good, you are just talking about this particular release/shoe and this particular point in time but can't grasp the concept of market trends and consumer behavior over a long period of time.

FYI- prices are dropping on this one at the moment, surprised me too. I thought they were going to hold steady. These wont drop like the Fire Red 3's but I don't think they reach the level of the L&F 1. They'll sit at $350-ish for awhile maybe even lower.

Anyway, the kids camping out from 2001-2007 has dwindled, I wouldn't even try to put a random data point like 1/8th behind it. People move on, some stay but priorities change and new hobbies emerge.

"When I was in high school" is always a bad debate point, because frankly-- it doesn't matter because you're probably not in high school anymore and-- well it doesn't matter, poor way to support your point.

Trends always fade, some will stick around-- just like us kids that were camping out in the late 90's and early 00's. If you like sneakers you'll enjoy when the trend-hoppers leave. It will be easier to get new releases. It wont change that the ones you missed out on during the hype will already be marked up and stay that way.

Everything fades-- MySpace, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, Snapchat and eventually Tik Tok will too.

Even skinny and/or fitted pants are no longer trendy, baggy pants are coming back!
I disagree. Sneakers have been trending upward for years now.. it’s to the point where companies like, Reebok, converse, new balance are making great products putting pressure on the consumer to buy. All the experimenting that Nike is doing… All the releases and collabs that are being pushed.. sneaker brands are behaving how I wish they behaved 10 years ago. The pants analogy is kind of weak though, because whether pants are skinny or baggy, you still need pants. Whether sneakers trends wind through certain trends like “dad shoes” or a distressed look, people still need sneakers. People are always going to want nice sneakers like they have for 40 years, only it’s on a global scale now.

Finally got settled in at Carlsbad for my sons spring break, I brought the White Cements for the fam to rock 🤙🏽 brought the AM1 concepts coz it’s AM month and the brought the Panda Dunks so I can beat it and don’t care 🤣 my lil one brought his Playoff 13s and his triple black Huaraches to beat on as well…

DAC190F1-C4AA-4065-BAC0-FB9C1C2B8E61.jpeg

Ebay or Bust! I've already been eyeing some nice pairs in my size 13 but I'm gonna wait a little longer for people to get their online orders in hand too. If I'm paying resell it won't be for anything BUT a perfect pair.
Facts I'm eyeing some 12s definitely would like a second pair can't get nothing off of scamX or goat at this time cause Twitter folks are already plotting about what they going to do

Not my fight but, here goes lol........

Here's a few pics of the OG run...white cements in game on MJs feet, and on Mars Blackmon

Screenshot_20230312_225353_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230312_225331_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230312_224916_Google.jpg
I get what you’re saying

But Spike Lee probably wears a 7Y or mens 7.5 and I’m not buying the reimagined Spike Lee pair he wore shooting a commercial

I’m buying what MJ is wearing and MJ has on a men’s sz 13 or 13.5 and his 🐘 print height is identical on his pairs

Looks like the elephant print on one of MJ shoes is higher than the other. LOL I hope people can just be quiet now.
Nothing is higher from one shoe to the other in this picture
6F5AE968-F894-41A6-81B8-12C0C532C0ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Sneaker culture always been around, now you just got the suburban white, Asian, etc., kids in the mix because it’s seen as a business now
I can see where you might have this interpretation of what sneaker culture was and is now but I think ethnicity has nothing to do with that. Maybe I can speak on behalf of some Asian including Pacific Islander friends in here but as I recalled, some of us saved our lunch money growing up to head over to our local mom n pop shop as soon as we got word hoping we had a chance. The culture was and will always be a “business” whether it’s flipping shoes back then to obtain a grail, buy a Rolex, or to save up for a car. What has changed is accessibility…putting in work today is raffle signups & being on a computer/bots as opposed to camping out & hoping not too many heads show up to a lowkey joint. As they say, the early bird gets the worm. Hating or loving the old or new way of accessing sneakers is a whole different topic. Point is that it was a business back then as much as it is a business now, regardless of race.

Last edited:
Finally got settled in at Carlsbad for my sons spring break, I brought the White Cements for the fam to rock 🤙🏽 brought the AM1 concepts coz it’s AM month and the brought the Panda Dunks so I can beat it and don’t care 🤣 my lil one brought his Playoff 13s and his triple black Huaraches to beat on as well…

DAC190F1-C4AA-4065-BAC0-FB9C1C2B8E61.jpeg

New Mexico?

Sneaker culture always been around, now you just got the suburban white, Asian, etc., kids in the mix because it’s seen as a business now
Now? Who you think was buying Jordans in 1988???

Who do you think was on Niketalk in 1999/2000 when it first started?

I was probably one of the few “inner city” dudes that was on NT when it first launched

The suburbs been a part of the culture but they also are the reason for the destruction of the culture, so I understand your point of view

Went back to page 1. Did you get 4 purrs? :nerd:

Thanks for remembering.. 4 pairs indeed :nthat: One of my pairs was a mismatch in the box at my local JD.. someone did a swap in the store. It was definitely internal since I was the first one to pickup my pair. Got a LN4 Left shoe and a LNM right shoe.

The rest of my pairs are LN4 with good Elephant print.. all with the same production date. I’m trying to come across a LNM pair both left and right. Some of y’all got some really low elephant print just like 88 MJ pair. Congrats.

75D7B2B7-E605-4F32-9AEE-E46038CAEF9D.jpeg

8BDB92C8-CF06-4F2C-ACAB-72832FB821C7.jpeg

F51F190B-E127-420B-A56F-F488D78481FB.jpeg

48D21328-AE32-4A58-ACD0-14473C8A44DB.jpeg

A0F43560-BF27-472A-8CA3-8E8E68961AA9.jpeg

Last edited:
My pair turned up from SNKRS UK. Elephant print bit mix matched between shoes. Not going to bother trying to get another pair. Just going to wear them

Back
Top Bottom