Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

So they offered you the opportunity for a return/refund or a 20% discount on a pair of VNDS?

…what else did you want?

They weren’t VNDS at all. They were muddy and completely trashed. Realistically, I didn’t want more. I wanted to speak to someone to better understand their return practices and give feedback instead of a generic robot of a customer service agent offering a discount.

Nikes customer service is very lacking in that regard.

They weren’t VNDS at all. They were muddy and completely trashed. Realistically, I didn’t want more. I wanted to speak to someone to better understand their return practices and give feedback instead of a generic robot of a customer service agent offering a discount.

Nikes customer service is very lacking in that regard.
1. Nike accepted a return on shoes that were muddy and trashed.

2. Sold them back to someone else?

Do I have that right?

…because I find that very hard to believe.

IMG_0008.jpeg

That was my reaction upon opening the box.
Well this changes everything.

I’m just going to start buying shoes, wear them for three months, then return them for a full refund. Sort a shoe buying Ponzi Scheme.

…basically I only have to buy one pair of Jordans for the rest of my life.

Your theory is proven wrong every single time you see a “brick” sitting on shelves at retail. It’s obvious that “hoarding shoes” is not what drives resale prices up.

You can't think that simplistic argument suffices here. If someone buys 90% of [name ****ty rapper here] tickets, the remaining 10% aren't going to get sold at triple the price. And even if Beyonce tickets 'shock drop' and only a few people have bought them after 3 minutes, it doesn't mean the remaining stock of tickets is going to have to be sold at massive discounts. I'm going to assume we don't need to go back to our college days and talk about supply and demand and pricing and how price gouging works. Only resellers call things "bricks".

I have not and likely never will buy a Jordan 1 because I legit don't care about that model. But you see people calling some shoe a 'brick' because it's available for purchase. And we've taken to calling that "sitting", as if it's a negative for the consumer that a product is available. And even that isn't a simple argument because as we know there's no accounting for taste, and for some people their consumer identity is tied to being able to have things other people don't. So they'll see a product being available and take that to mean the poors, the commonfolk have access to it, so they return their pair. I did that with the Cherry 11s. I had the OG 11s when they first came out. They were spats basically, lol. Ran those things into the ground. So I got my cherry 11s or gym red or whatever, and I hadn't planned to wear them immediately but then I saw a few people with them on while out shopping and I didn't like the look. But had I been in the gym and seen people balling in them it probably would have been the reverse. Regardless I took mine back, and people said they were 'bricks' because they were sitting in some places.

Flash forward to the Playoff 13s. Same situation. I was and still am happy with that drop because everybody who wanted a pair, got a pair. Are those bricks because they're sitting? Do resellers not drive up prices when they create artificial scarcity for an in demand product? If Nike makes 35 green and pink uptempos and resellers buy 34 of them is that crowd going to pay $900 for the remaining pair?

I couldn't have imagined in 2023, post-pandemic, someone would actually be trying to make the case that price gouging isn't a thing. That bots, whether when buying taylor swift tickets or AMM's, have an effect on availability and pricing of in demand products. Like if you effectively create a monopoly for yourself in a certain market, that you can control the price and gouge people, whether it's shoes or weapons being sold to the Pentagon.

Yes, resellers are ****ty. If they couldn't price gouge people, why would they even be buying new release shoes for the sole purpose of reselling them? If they make a mistake and buy Obsidian 13s instead of Flint 13s and have to return the FSR's they've purchased, does that mean all the economics behind price gouging disappear? Or is it a known part of capitalism and how businesses often gamble on being able to profit off of a certain strategy, market or release, but fail. Are we done pretending price gouging in shoes isn't a thing? Can we get back to the shoes now?

1687784143127.png

Are we done pretending price gouging in shoes isn't a thing?

When are you done pretending price gouging is a thing for every shoe?

Yeah I can see that prices are high for high-demand low-supply shoes like Jarritos dunks and SB 4s. But you still can’t explain why resellers aint “price gouging” those washed black 1s for nearly as much for example

A person could buy every single pair of a release but if nobody cares about the colorway or there’s no hype behind it, it’ll remain a brick.

Look at these fools who loaded up with 100+ pairs of some recent Jordan 1s in trash colorways and now they’re struggling to sell them even at a loss
Yea, exactly what I was going to say. Hoarding doesn't make the price go up.

There's been tons of examples of this since 2020, especially with Jordan 1s.

It takes something extra for a shoe to go up in price, some kind of hype or perceived demand.

Well it's my fault if yall somehow thought I was making the claim that if a reseller bought every remaining pair of Witness 7s that the price would triple. So if that's what anybody's latched onto as a point of contention, we can just move on.

Well it's my fault if yall somehow thought I was making the claim that if a reseller bought every remaining pair of Witness 7s that the price would triple. So if that's what anybody's latched onto as a point of contention, we can just move on.

Hoarding is all resellers do .. Yeah they use bots which is a dirty way to make money but even if Nike canceled all bots from now on you would still be paying high resale on these high demand low supply releases. Instead of sellers they would be going to people who want to wear them so you would have to make real big offers to convince people to give up their pairs

What do y’all call people like Corgi then? He hoarded a ton of GR kicks from back in the day and is selling them for crazy profits. Is he a dirty rotten reseller that NT hates because he got them on discount (marked down) and held them? Or should he sell for what he bought for

What do y’all call people like Corgi then? He hoarded a ton of GR kicks from back in the day and is selling them for crazy profits. Is he a dirty rotten reseller that NT hates because he got them on discount (marked down) and held them? Or should he sell for what he bought for
They're crying about the same thing in the Mac Attack thread, that people that double and triple up are wrong. Even if it's doubling up for collecting or wearing purposes.

So I guess you're supposed to get one pair only nowadays, lest you offend these babies on here.

Got my pair in. Love the sneaker but feels like I got sent a B-Grade pair. Mismatched EP and the insole has a completely misplaced Nike Air. Can’t believe retail on these jumped 30-40% over the decade and half the production is B Grades now.

IMG_4920.jpeg
70940018411__1EF65DF7-99F2-41D2-AA87-C72F74E114F6.jpeg
my pair cracked already. whoever made these shoes did a bad job SMH

Back
Top Bottom