Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

It’s the big red boots hands down

220B76C9-0CCC-4D55-BD6B-ADF79BA2CEA6.png

WC3 and SB4 both good sneaker of the year choices. I’ll go with WC3 as my SOTY.

I looked back I what I bought and releases and here is a top 10 and some I like. if I don’t buy on release day/drops I typically wait to buy. Collection is out of control. Ones I own marked with a star *

1. WC3 *
2. SB4
3. TS 1 low Olive (I like the TS reverse swoosh, own the mochas. Won’t buy any if I don’t buy retail)
4. Samba x Fieg x Clarks 8th street (new product give me the black/ white) *
5. Airmax 1 OG big bubble University Red *
6. AJ 11 Gratitude ( AJ 11 a top 5 Jordan model all time)
7. AMM AJ V - Dawn and Dawn (Using o1 spot for 2 pairs black metallic is my favorite CW and the V is one of my top 5 AJ models but for these I like the Dawn)
8. NB 990v6 Bronson (Navy) *
9. Asics Kayano 14 (Kith Scarab CW, also like silver/cream CW) *
10. ALD NB 1906r ( I like how ALD does green) *

Some other models I liked from this year
- AJ 1 Royal reimagined
- AJ 1 High 85’ Black/White(can’t believe I missed these, have to pick them up)
- Nike Vomero 5 (iron ore CW)
- Mac Attacks either OG or TS
- NB 910v2 ALD Green/Gold
- NB 910v2 JFG tan/orange
- NB 998 x Concepts C-Note
- Yeezy 350v1 TD
- Yeezy 350v1 PB
- Kobe 6 reverse grinch
- Kobe 4 black mamba

I probably missed some, what’re some ya’ll have?

I don't think it's that they don't like it. I think it's just an over reaction to people who already over reacting to the colorway as if it's the best we've seen on a 4. It's not the best but saying you don't like it is just as weird. It's a simple colorway. It's nice .we've definitely seen better though. I would've even put the SB4 colorway in my top 10 of AJ4 colorways.

I think it’s combination of things

We’ve never seen this comfort on an AJ4
The SB on the back is a nice
Higher quality material
Cream/white/green just an easy CW

It just all works

Correction. Not liking a colorway is not weird. What's weird is acting like you've never shot down someone's personal opinion on NT. We've all done it to some degree and will do it again. This is NT, out here people flame other people's personal opinions every day B....
EemLNdhVoAMb9GX.jpg

I think it’s combination of things

We’ve never seen this comfort on an AJ4
The SB on the back is a nice
Higher quality material
Cream/white/green just an easy CW

It just all works
I agree with all of that. And as a guy who sold all my 4s because they were just too uncomfortable (except my Unions, those worked) the comfort aspect resonates with me. But I just don't get shoe of the year from these. I'd give it to the white cements well before the SB4s.

Reimagined White/Cement 3,s were the shoe of the year in my opinion. Id choose the White/Cement 3,s the Military 4,s and the upcoming Reimagined 4,s way over the Sb 4,s. I never liked the Sb 4,s and at first I couldn't figure out why, because I never analyzed that hard. Due to all of the social media hype for them, i started looking at them way more before and after the release.

And i come to the realization that the Sb 4 colorway was just too boring and safe for my liking. It looks like a shoe that should be worn by tennis player or golf player. Nothing about the Colorway screams skateboarding to me. The green with the gum sole is bland with no edge or street appeal in my opinion.

I understand the limited Sb hype to buy for your collection, it's just not a shoe that i would wear on a daily basis. Im not knocking anybody who likes them though, because we all have different opinions about what we like.

ya some folks tryna sweep these under the rug as one of the top releases last year cause they dropped multiple times in the last decade but these were done really well, still need a double up.

again if they do something dumb like a suede reimagined bc3 ill just customize these
I wouldn’t mind a suede BC3 at all. Would much prefer the OG in the updated 2023 shape but if the best they gave us was all of that just with suede, I’d take it.
Now if they did a white cement 3 in suede I’d be upset. Takes all the durability out of a very durable sneaker.

Otherwise, changing stuff from suede to leather and vice versa don’t bother me much. Now switching these to canvas or fly knit….that’s the real travesty

ya some folks tryna sweep these under the rug as one of the top releases last year cause they dropped multiple times in the last decade but these were done really well, still need a double up.
Facts. Even without the multiple purchases and the mixing and matching it took to get the best pair you could, this release was great. My first pair didn’t have the best elephant print but I knew I was being nit picky in letting them go for a better pair. Most of the “bad” pairs still looked better than the previous retros. I’d definitely take all of the 2023 pairs I ditched over the 2011, 2013, or 2018 retros

Back
Top Bottom