Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Obvs the midsole not properly attached yet but toe shape could be good off of those images.

Dunno how I feel about them tbh.

wtf???? Thoughts??

IMG_9931.jpeg
🔥🔥🔥🔥 going for 3!!

Seems like a lot of people are critical of the 2019 release. I missed out on those. What was so bad about them? Did you skip out on them? And if not, did you keep your pair or did you eventually sell them?

I like em tho. And they'll do the job until they eventually retro them again with the correct shape.

This is how I’ve always felt with retros. Never going to get a perfect retro, but so long as I wear them, the little variations never bother me. If I can get them for retail, then I’m cool with it.

Seems like a lot of people are critical of the 2019 release. I missed out on those. What was so bad about them? Did you skip out on them? And if not, did you keep your pair or did you eventually sell them?

I love and cherish mine. Hyper critical? Nike Air is off centre, toe shape is a little boxy, material cut-lines and overlays are completely black as opposed to white/grey.

For what it is, it's great. But it isn't the OG (never will be either IMO - even the SB4 shape and revisions do not replicate the OG).

2019 IV are uncomfortable even for Jordan 4 retro standards

That's the issue with that retro

looks wise they are good for people who are not intense sneaker heads

anyone who got it for retail or decent resale price 2019's was cool

Last edited:
So.. this is my take on them. I don't mind these at all.

Majority of us in there had owned or came across at least the 1999 version and possibly a very few had the 1989 version. So I completely understand on why we would want the true to OG specs to come back out. Hear me out on this:

The reimagined aspect is this - The black cement 3's had a leather upper which was premium at the time. If the material and construct stayed true in pattern, then the Jordan 4 would have been leather upper as well. If it was leather upper, then it would have been the same if not similar leather as the 3's used. ( Full grain upper / smooth leather in certain areas).

Tinker wanted to provide MJ with sneakers that can contour to his feet with the way he moved. The leather restricted a bit, but also it made his feet really hot. Hence the mesh netting cage for ventilation. I am most certain that in his sketches, he had leather upper to start with and added the netting cage to make it breath. He took it a step further for comfort with all the padding and all, he introduced nubuck to the sneakers. Hence the Black cement 4's are made.

So I get the reimagined thought on this. This is not a OG release. Aside from me, who else is excited about the toe shape? For the shiny leather, all you have to do is take some flattener and you good. :rofl:

I have em, and they're fine to me. Biggest complaints are as followed:

1. Shape /Overall Height
2. No white edges on the durabuck
3. Nike Air isn't perfectly centered

I like em tho. And they'll do the job until they eventually retro them again with the correct shape.

I love and cherish mine. Hyper critical? Nike Air is off centre, toe shape is a little boxy, material cut-lines and overlays are completely black as opposed to white/grey.

For what it is, it's great. But it isn't the OG (never will be either IMO - even the SB4 shape and revisions do not replicate the OG).

I honestly don’t understand how you guys can spend your money on the 2019 when we got a near perfect retro in 99 and some people even think it was a superior version to the 89. The 99 proves JB are capable of a near exact retro of the 89. If you’re not super into the details I can get that but to have the complaints you have and still spend the money on them baffles me. I mean, not everyone knows about the 99 although I’m mentioning it and so do a lot other people. But its hard to make excuses for JB about not making a near exact retro when you can see the AM90 & AM1 86 Big bubble as examples where Nike can get it right near perfectly And somehow its ok to make excuses for JB not doing so with J’s.

Knowing the details and having complaints and STILL buying gives the brand ZERO incentive to get it right. Thats why it’s taken nearly 20 years to get the shape on the 4 right at this point and there’s still details they can improve upon like for example, the netting.

And we still have to wait and see what these reimagined 4’s look like. Thats gonna be huge for a lot of people and their anticipation for the militaries, myself included because the shape on these is what we will most likely get on those

Last edited:
1. Where am I going to get a wearable pair of 99s for a reasonable price?

2. Idk how many times this needs to be said, but we are a MINORITY. You think the average JB consumer cares about or even knows the difference in shape between OGs and subsequent retros? The entire Niketalk could stop buying Jordans and they would still be doing numbers. They're going to fix whatever they want whenever they want :lol:

3. While I've said that the SB shape is better and a great improvement, you can see me in other threads saying I don't hate the current 4 mold as much as others do on here. To me once you get them on foot, they're really not that bad. So none of that other stuff has anything to do with me. He asked why they get hate, and I gave him the most common answers.

I honestly don’t understand how you guys can spend your money on the 2019 when we got a near perfect retro in 99 and some people even think it was a superior version to the 89. The 99 proves JB are capable of a near exact retro of the 89. If you’re not super into the details I can get that but to have the complaints you have and still spend the money on them baffles me. I mean, not everyone knows about the 99 although I’m mentioning it and so do a lot other people. But its hard to make excuses for JB about not making a near exact retro when you can see the AM90 & AM1 86 Big bubble as examples where Nike can get it right near perfectly And somehow its ok to make excuses for JB not doing so with J’s.

Knowing the details and having complaints and STILL buying gives the brand ZERO incentive to get it right. Thats why it’s taken nearly 20 years to get the shape on the 4 right at this point and there’s still details they can improve upon like for example, the netting.

And we still have to wait and see what these reimagined 4’s look like. Thats gonna be huge for a lot of people and their anticipation for the militaries, myself included because the shape on these is what we will most likely get on those

I don't have any complaints. I opened by saying I love and cherish mine. I just detailed the common complaints that the purists have which set the 2019s apart from the 89/99s. They're Black Cement 4s, but they're not true-to-form OG Black Cement 4s.

I bought mine resale... for most people, just hitting for retail is a massive deal (especially in the UK, where I'm at). It's a form of settling but when you're not even guaranteed a cop, being picky over the details, whilst I absolutely understand it, is virtually academic as long as its legit and released by Nike. It might be junk but its authentic Nike junk... and if that's all that is available, they're gonna get hoovered up, especially if it's an OG heavyweight on a popular silhouette like these. The details become secondary. As the homie above says, Nike gon' be doing those numbers even if all the purists stop buying sloppy retros.

Back
Top Bottom