Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Dude so worried about sole swapped shoes passing authenticity checks like a high school kid worried about his SATs. 😂

People who get sole swaps done do it because they want to wear the shoes, not flip em. Leads me to believe that he’s probably a reseller. Lol

Who would try to sell a pair of sole swapped kicks to begin with?
Probably someone who got a very good offer from someone else who isn’t even concerned about “authenticity” because the would be seller speaks for themselves.

No one is trying to push sole swapped shoes on StockX where they wouldn’t even be able to bring the value they hold.

This whole conversation is moronic.

Never said soleswaps were fake, I said they were customs. Ya'll really hurt about that if you still draggin it :rofl:

Never said soleswaps were fake, I said they were customs. Ya'll really hurt about that if you still draggin it :rofl:

No one is hurt about it. Rather, no one even understands what the point/distinction really is, why it matters, or who (other than you) even cares. I've been on this site almost daily for more than 20 years, but whenever I think I've seen and heard it all, I am proven incorrect. This entire topic in this particular context is a new one I don't recall ever once running across previously. So I guess that's saying something :rofl:

No one is hurt about it. Rather, no one even understands what the point/distinction really is, why it matters, or who (other than you) even cares. I've been on this site almost daily for more than 20 years, but whenever I think I've seen and heard it all, I am proven incorrect. This entire topic in this particular context is a new one I don't recall ever once running across previously. So I guess that's saying something :rofl:
That wild because I've seen it come up plenty of times

That wild because I've seen it come up plenty of times.
e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png

I would argue that Nike wasted money making yet another entirely different mold for these and the military blues when they could’ve just used sb mold. Can’t understand the reasoning behind it from a business perspective.
I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as people on this forum make it out to be. I don’t have any insider information, but I think their factory processes have become more modular and swapping out a last isn’t a big deal.

We’ve seen the 85 high shape change this year. We saw a new 2 shape and then that shape was further refined under a year. And this will be the third different 4 shape in a year. So clearly swapping out molds on the same model isn’t that tough or costly anymore or this cheap company wouldn’t do it.

I would argue that Nike wasted money making yet another entirely different mold for these and the military blues when they could’ve just used sb mold. Can’t understand the reasoning behind it from a business perspective.
production mold line for the sbs was much smaller, what like 80k worldwide or less? your talking vs the amount needed for the bred & military blue drop spread across at least 3 factories & it kinda makes sense.. also its nike & JB, why perfect a bred retro for us now w/ proper shape & materials when we can cop the next version 5 years from now & have both sell out. that's a lot of money to be made:lol:

production mold line for the sbs was much smaller, what like 80k worldwide or less? your talking vs the amount needed for the bred & military blue drop spread across at least 3 factories & it kinda makes sense.. also its nike & JB, why perfect a bred retro for us now w/ proper shape & materials when we can cop the next version 5 years from now & have both sell out. that's a lot of money to be made:lol:

I’m just going by their own logic when they say how expensive it is to create new molds which is obviously a bs excuse. I’m also learning that the banana 🍌 shape comes from shoes being pulled too tight on the last during production.

Good explanation of 🍌 shape in this video

Yeah maybe it’s just poor factory processes and not getting the look of the shoe right from the jump in some of these cases. I think the toebox issue could be applied to a number of models based on how a lot of them come out. Just don’t pull the front of the shoe up and it drastically alters the shape and appearance.

I’m just going by their own logic when they say how expensive it is to create new molds which is obviously a bs excuse. I’m also learning that the banana 🍌 shape comes from shoes being pulled too tight on the last during production.
Yea, genius in the other thread wrote entire books about Nike making the 4s the wrong shape because it's more fiscally sound.

They've had like 5-6 shape changes or more in the past 5 years.

They've had like 5-6 shape changes or more in the past 5 years.

And it’s ALL OVER THE PLACE. I assumed way back when the metallic pack came out that it was an indication of them fixing the tongue on all models. Same with sb shape.

My #1 issue with it all when it comes to shape is that they have proven that they can get it right. They are deliberately switching up the mold and tinkering (no pun) to a) make money b) troll. I’m convinced it’s both now.

And it’s ALL OVER THE PLACE. I assumed way back when the metallic pack came out that it was an indication of them fixing the tongue on all models. Same with sb shape.

My #1 issue with it all when it comes to shape is that they have proven that they can get it right. They are deliberately switching up the mold and tinkering (no pun) to a) make money b) troll. I’m convinced it’s both now.
Yea, it's definitely deliberate.

The 4s are so much more low-cut than all other Jordan Retros 1-14 it's crazy.

But some people will make every excuse in the world for Nike.

Do you think the Union 4s had their own mold as well?

They look pretty weird but I never even counted that one as another shape. I guess add it into the pile as well.

Back
Top Bottom