Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Honestly for those complaining. Have y’all not bought anything other than OGs/‘99s IVs?
I mean I owned Mars and ‘06 military’s and those were awful.

Just a general question. I don’t see how these are so horrible compared to post ‘99 releases.

lol. Again, people complaining that they don’t look like the OG shape, more than likely, never had a pair of the OGs. Ironically enough, the people I do know who’ve owned OG pairs of different models - for the most part, they’re quite happy just to get another pair when they’re retro’d. Most hated the Jumpman on the back, but ever since Nike Air has returned, rarely do I see them nitpicking about the toe box, the slant, height, etc.

With regards to this shoe - it’s not OG at all. We’ve known since March that they’re gonna be leather. Not sure why people are still hung up on that. Lol

Honestly for those complaining. Have y’all not bought anything other than OGs/‘99s IVs?

Just a general question. I don’t see how these are so horrible compared to post ‘99 releases.
I bought 2 pairs of 06 Militaries and took them back because I couldn’t stand how different the uppers were compared to the og. The 06 and 89 were like two different shoes. I also have the most recent Fire Reds but Ive had those reshaped and pre aged which helps me be able to tolerate the look of the shoe.

I bought 2 pairs of 06 Militaries and took them back because I couldn’t stand how different the uppers were compared to the og. The 06 and 89 were like two different shoes. I also have the most recent Fire Reds but Ive had those reshaped and pre aged which helps me be able to tolerate the look of the shoe.
Got you.
Just trying to understand why so many hate anything IV coming out (released)

Got you.
Just trying to understand why so many hate anything IV coming out (released)
I dont hate most IV’s coming out. I actually like these! I like the leather. For me, since the IV is pretty much my favorite of the line and I’ve had the og Militaires, two pairs of 99’s, two 06’s( taken back), 20FR, there’s a standard the brand needs to be at on the IV for me to warrant spending my money. If you had the 99 in hand, like I do, you’d see the small differences. And just for some of us, those small differences mean a lot.

But for these reimagined 4’s, if the newest pics( today) are accurate to what were gonna get, I’ll most likely cop a pair.

More images from a different source. Toe shape looks better here but seeing as the “early” pairs aren’t officially official it’s hard to say what we’re truly getting. Even the release pairs won’t be consistent.

IMG_6423.jpeg
IMG_6420.jpeg
IMG_6421.jpeg
IMG_6419.jpeg
IMG_6422.jpeg
Really hope they look like this and not that other pair that was posted.

Probably. I'm just tired of having to jump thru those hoops. My Black Oreos have this issue with one shiny PU coat, and the other mat finish. It's pretty annoying to look at, but back then I didn't do the multiple purchase strategy. Now I'm aware of it, but highly exhausted of having to put in that effort.

You gotta do what you gotta do for that OCD.. I go through it all the time bro..

I can't even remember if there was this much fuss over the 2016 WC 4 or 2020 FR 4/5 given that those are also leather and not like their white durabuck OG counterparts. Those were technically "reimagined" too no? At least these have the potential to drop in a more proper shape compared to the other two 4s I mentioned.

lol. Again, people complaining that they don’t look like the OG shape, more than likely, never had a pair of the OGs. Ironically enough, the people I do know who’ve owned OG pairs of different models - for the most part, they’re quite happy just to get another pair when they’re retro’d. Most hated the Jumpman on the back, but ever since Nike Air has returned, rarely do I see them nitpicking about the toe box, the slant, height, etc.

With regards to this shoe - it’s not OG at all. We’ve known since March that they’re gonna be leather. Not sure why people are still hung up on that. Lol

It’s not the leather for me. Like you said we knew that ahead of time.

It’s the fact they have the proper mold that they used on sbs and didn’t use it on these. Unbelievable.

I can't even remember if there was this much fuss over the 2016 WC 4 or 2020 FR 4/5 given that those are also leather and not like their white durabuck OG counterparts. Those were technically "reimagined" too no? At least these have the potential to drop in a more proper shape compared to the other two 4s I mentioned.
Most people don’t even realize that the og versions of those weren’t leather.

More images from a different source. Toe shape looks better here but seeing as the “early” pairs aren’t officially official it’s hard to say what we’re truly getting. Even the release pairs won’t be consistent.

IMG_6423.jpeg
IMG_6420.jpeg
IMG_6421.jpeg
IMG_6419.jpeg
IMG_6422.jpeg

Just and FYI.. this guy here is directly from a factory in China. He gets contracts from Nike and has been on par with the models he put out. This is a sign that production on them has started. I won't be surprised if we see a 09/xx/23 to 11/xx/23 or 12/xx/23 production run. This is what we are getting for sure. Also, this is the same guy who put the white stitching on the Thunder 4's when first images came out. The shape was exactly the same on release date.

Just and FYI.. this guy here is directly from a factory in China. He gets contracts from Nike and has been on par with the models he put out. This is a sign that production on them has started. I won't be surprised if we see a 09/xx/23 to 11/xx/23 or 12/xx/23 production run. This is what we are getting for sure. Also, this is the same guy who put the white stitching on the Thunder 4's when first images came out. The shape was exactly the same on release date.

Thank you for the input! I’ve been curious about the legitimacy of the account. Their information is on point but they sale items that make me question the authenticity.

I think the black leather changes the overall look more than white leather did to the shoe. If the leather was smooth and less shiny it wouldn’t be as jarring.

Most people don’t even realize that the og versions of those weren’t leather.
You can technically say that but the wide majority considered OG white durabuck to be leather. In looks and in texture. I personally don’t look at white durabuck the same as black durabuck. Just my opinion on though. Others will disagree I’m sure.

I owned the OG’s in ‘89(WC and FR) and bought CDPs, Tour Yellows, Mars etc and I did because I had the mindset of that was the best we were gonna get and i also bought that BS story that all of the OG molds were destroyed. My mindset changed because of what Nike/JB can do when they want. Flight 89 retros (same shape/midsole as the OG IV)are damn near spot on to the OG and have been every time they retro. They XI retros were fixed in 2016 and are 95% correct, Reimagineds have shown they can get the EP right… Im over accepting BS because its been five years or whatever. They’ll keep giving you what they do because people keep accepting it.

Back
Top Bottom