Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

In regards to the "Reimagined" series and more specifically the Bred 4s, the big negative outlook on materials, colors, etc being changed I don't understand. Why isn't the negative outlook given for these
Screenshot_20231109_140040_Chrome.jpg

download (4).jpeg

I scrolled IG and even saw a post saying the only leather 4s that are acknowledged are the Lasers.

Is it because it's new? Ten years from now, will these be considered grails due to nostalgia, because in all honesty the Laser 4s were not considered classic upon first release.

ppl must of forgotten that Nike already did these, The 2017 Black Motorsports 4’s are identical to these except for the blue.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 559
ppl must of forgotten that Nike already did these, The 2017 Black Motorsports 4’s are identical to these except for the blue.
….And the shape, Nike Air on the back and from the look of the images leather quality.

This site has changed a LOT :lol:

Agreed. The Brand should make a legacy retro where they release a couple of og colorways a year that are as close to og specs as possible with fancy packaging or whatever for those of us who want that og feel and continue pumping out these new colors for the masses who don’t care about the differences like Nike Air, shape and materials.

Make the Legacy Retro limited or whatever they want to do. Everyone wins.

A lot of ppl aren’t winning if it’s limited.

It’s not what I want (being limited) but it’s better than nothing.

Limited numbers could allow the quality to be better managed since Nike/JB have a hard time with mass production and QC. Not SUPER limited but enough to give the brand that mystique they always crave and it helps drive the other pumped out colorways.

Yeah but imagine the quality and specs being better and closer to OG form and missing out because it's limited. Would piss ppl off and lose that mystique.

Yeah but imagine the quality and specs being better and closer to OG form and missing out because it's limited. Would piss ppl off and lose that mystique.
They’ve been doing this limited strategy for years and it’s not slowing them down yet. I’m being upcharged already for quality I’m not excited about either from a reseller or the brand itself. At least here I’m happier with the product.

Same here! Besides the leather something about these make them stand out more, I think it might be the stitching, it looks more detailed.
I think it’s the grey edges of the cut panels. Just like on the OGs where you could see the grey edges of the Durabuck. The durabuck they used on the 2019s don’t have it as the original fabrication no longer exists.

It’s not what I want (being limited) but it’s better than nothing.

Limited numbers could allow the quality to be better managed since Nike/JB have a hard time with mass production and QC. Not SUPER limited but enough to give the brand that mystique they always crave and it helps drive the other pumped out colorways.
Or better yet, make it a reservation program. Get the purists what they want and destroy the resellers. Nike won’t do that though, they love resellers…

I hope they’re more comfortable than the 2019s. If it weren’t for the pain the 2019s give they would be worn A LOT more. When you want to wear those you have to think about how long you’re going to be on your feet and just accept the pending pain.
Ya’ll should know by now, the first thing you do when get a pair of Js is pulling out the worthless insoles and replacing them with some aftermarket ones.

Agreed. The Brand should make a legacy retro where they release a couple of og colorways a year that are as close to og specs as possible with fancy packaging or whatever for those of us who want that og feel and continue pumping out these new colors for the masses who don’t care about the differences like Nike Air, shape and materials.

Make the Legacy Retro limited or whatever they want to do. Everyone wins.

What mystique? JB has been pandering to the masses for a long while now. It’s not like its a luxury brand. The pandering is especially visible
doing collabs with J. Blavin, Billie Elish, etc. If JB cared about mystique, it would have created a luxury diffusion/or branch/brand already and used that as a vehicle to continue the mystique. Hell, they havent ever even had a guest designer! Even the acg line has had a guest designer with Errolson Hugh and that turned out great! Instead we get versions of shoes with crap quality, crap materials and shapes not even close to an og. The best we get are the reimagined line( just started ), the remastered line?( is that even still a thing?) and lame collabs. In fact I’ll go so far as to say the brand has very little direction except to make money by pandering to the masses.

Nike in of itself has had a made in Italy line and has done the ESC line. Those are luxury lines. So JB has the ability to tap into Nikes network of factories that produce luxury goods. JB just needs to create a luxury/diffusion line/branch that specifically uses MJ’s mystique to promote itself. I just dont understand why they havent done it yet. Would be massive in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom