Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

We’ve gotten it semi recently. Whatever you want to call it, they can still source material that looks basically identical to the original/99.
I'm fine with that. My comment is for the folks who want everything OG. Being "basically identical" isn't the same as the original material to them so the sentiment is a moot point.

I'm sure North Face would still make wind- and water-proof hardshell jackets if Gore-tex went out of business, but waiting for them to "return to form" with a traditional Gore-tex Summit if it ever gets to that is kind of pointless.

I'm fine with that. My comment is for the folks who want everything OG. Being "basically identical" isn't the same as the original material to them so the sentiment is a moot point.

I'm sure North Face would still make wind- and water-proof hardshell jackets if Gore-tex went out of business, but waiting for them to "return to form" with a traditional Gore-tex Summit if it ever gets to that is kind of pointless.
I don’t think anyone cares whether or not it’s called “durabuck”. Durabuck was synthetic nubuck with raw edges. They still make it.

I don’t think anyone cares whether or not it’s called “durabuck”. Durabuck was synthetic nubuck with raw edges. They still make it.
Durabuck was owned by a company that produced it (that’s why I made the Gore-Tex analogy). Saying you want Durabuck doesn’t make sense because it’s no longer available.

If you just want synthetic nubuck, Nike/JB have been mixing real and synthetic leathers for decades. I’m pretty sure the 2019 used synthetic nubuck on different panels (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

I saw these comparisons on google images👀
IMG_8942.jpeg
IMG_8941.jpeg

I don’t know guys, seems that these reps are getting closer to the OGs than trying to be like the retails. 💀

Can’t these stores lose their JB accounts by openly advertising and selling these before release date?

The reps look better to me for reals, the netting on the side panels of the retails is way to small, it looks like they improved the spacing of the lower half of the shoe but kept the retro height and this ruined the netting. In needs to make these og height and it will look good.

Back
Top Bottom