Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

It's tempting for everybody, that's the funny part about this release. Cats seriously think that these are going to be an easy cop on release day. Meanwhile there's way more people than you think that are thirsty for these. It's not enough pairs to go around for the demand that these carry. Like i said before, don't let the online faithful OG material talk fool you about these.

The same thing was said about them 3's.....

I'd argue those Military blue 4's are going to be the real headache.

Exactly. This is turning into the WC3 thread all over where you had the three camps

1. Foolish people who thought they was gonna be as easy as Fire Red 3s

2. Foolish people who said they were going to be just as hard if not harder to get than Lost and Founds, with equal resale value. Based on what? Nothing more than their personal feelings about the shoe/personal nostalgia

"It's the best OG Air Jordan ever" "Mike won the 88 dunk contest in them" "They got the shape closer to the OG". With none of those being things that anybody under 30 cares about. What does a kid born in 2005 care about the 88 dunk contest? They rather watch the replay of Aaron Gordon v Zach Levine

3. The reasonable people who said the whole time "It's not gonna be easy. It's also not gonna be anywhere close to L&F pandemonium". Of course those people were right, didn't stress and copped with ease. There was more talk about elephant print height and patterns than difficulty to cop after the release

3s were an easy double up at retail but had to end up paying 350 for perfect pair because both my retail pairs were terrible quality. I hope the quality is more consistent across the board with these

I couldn't even get 1 pair for retail.

Not mad though, since I got three pairs of lost and founds for retail

Are you saying the 2012 was closer to the original (with a jumpman on the heel)? Or the '99? Either of those clearly superior to the 2019 in your eyes? I could be wrong, but I think almost everyone was pretty thrilled with the 2019 when they released, and we only really saw them in a lesser light when they started doing the tongues and toe shape better very recently.
I’m obviously not referencing the 2012. The 99s were probably the best retro ever of any shoe so I was surprised he didn’t mention them. The 2019 is ok I guess. It’s the best option we have for a wearable pair of bc4 but as a retro they were very mediocre.

UK buyers will cop easily. The 2012s sat. The 2019s were super easy. These are less desired than both of those, so it should be simple if you do your due diligence.

Even 2018 Black Cement 3s sat for weeks. The 2019 Infrared 6’s were also super easy. OG colour Jordans just don’t move like that in UK/EU. They’re popular, but they’re gettable. Jordan 1’s are the exception.

I gifted my 2019s because they were so uncomfortable and I knew these Reimagineds were coming. OG is simply better but I want to wear these damn things. If the 2019s actually felt good then I would probably skip the Reimagineds.

Like I said, he for the most part knows his **** but he’s coming off clueless about these in regards to the tongue

Maybe I heard it wrong, but doesn’t he say that the tongue on these is stuffed like the SB pair? If that’s true they are definitely not like the 89 pair or any other retro that has released. I was under the impression that the changes made for the SB pair included a stuffed collar lining and tongue .

Maybe I heard it wrong, but doesn’t he say that the tongue on these is stuffed like the SB pair? If that’s true they are definitely not like the 89 pair or any other retro that has released. I was under the impression that the changes made for the SB pair included a stuffed collar lining and tongue .

When I say “puffy” If you look at the structure of og tongues there’s no color at the top with the material. they’re curved off and have a more plush backing. Retros have been long rectangular and flat.

The sb 4 didn’t do anything new to my knowledge other than the rubber wings, tab and gum sole. The padded ankle collar is an sb attribute but again og 4s had a way more padded collar in comparison to recent retro 4s.

I’m not feeling how the sbs are getting credited for traits that are actually og

If you look at the metallic 4s they have the og tongue that sbs are trying to take credit for

The tongue on the SB is pretty similar to the 99s in terms of padding.

And the metallics were puffy; nothing like the OGs. OGs were not puffy at all. BUT, OG tongues were a disaster....jagged shape; complete garbage compared to what some versions we get today. Nice shape and greatly improved embroidery is definitely better now. Trust me, no one wants OG tongue shape. Padding and folded back at the top, yes, but shape was trash.

And the metallics were puffy; nothing like the OGs. OGs were not puffy at all. BUT, OG tongues were a disaster....jagged shape; complete garbage compared to what some versions we get today. Nice shape and greatly improved embroidery is definitely better now. Trust me, no one wants OG tongue shape. Padding and folded back at the top, yes, but shape was trash.

Bruh I was holding an og in my hands a few days ago. Call it not puffy fine but the backing was thicker (more padding).

And agree to disagree about og shape being trash. I HATE the elongated flat tongues from current retros. Cleaner stitching and more symmetrical? Yeah sure but they look goofy imo

I want the OG tongue shape.

You shouldn't have sold them.. All you had to do is change the insole. I changed mine to a Jordan 1 Insole and it was like a regular jordan 4 again. The quilting inside makes the footbed raise so you feel it compressing on you. Fire sneaker man.. Whitner knows the shape gotta be right..

IMG_1268.jpeg IMG_1254.jpeg IMG_1257.jpeg

Trust me, I tried them with different insoles from different shoes, different 4s, 1s, dr scholls, even without insoles. Wore them like 5-8 times and no matter what I did they absolutely crushed my toes. The problem was always from a width perspective which insoles / no insoles couldn’t fix. I’m a tts 10.5 and had them in an 11. They felt like I was wearing a 10.

You’re not wrong, some of those OG tongues looked like a toddler stitched them together. The 3’s were especially crazy looking at times.

He also said something about 2019 being the most true-to-og retro of the black cements. Cmon bro. First 3-4 minutes of that video was tough to watch but he knows his stuff for the most part. Just surprised to see him of all people spewing nonsense.
I've watched at least 10 of his videos over the years and he does this a lot, he either says something that isn't true or he'll not know something that people like us take for granted. :lol:

I think he was more casual with sneakers in the past and probably recently got into the details of them and is still learning.

LOL I'm not defending him at all because I hate when details are off.

Same can be said with the last Black infra 6. You like those?
I like the last retro of the infrared 6 over the 2019 4s. The shape change isn't as drastic from the original, in comparison to the 4's. The 2019 6 material is definitely different from the OG but not that off as far as the hue of the black.

Screenshot_20240123_213513_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom