Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

DAMNNNN!!!!....dat shape on these.

american-psycho-christian-bale.gif

That gif always makes me laugh. šŸ˜‚
I have no issue admitting the shape on these has made me come around more on them. Still prefer nubuck look, easily, but Iā€™m more impressed with them than I had been. Still passing because I know Nikeā€™s game. Wonā€™t be surprised to see these back in true form in three years, and a reworked WC before then.

My cousin just hit me up

Said he went to Dicks at opening to secure a pair. Were like 12 people in line.

The store opens at a worker says he is all out. Only size left is a 14. Said people came at 6am lined up, and they sold out at 7 am

No one believes, thinks he is joking, walk in and the dude walks off and a second dude walks up and repeats the same story, but now said people been calling in, and they take sign ups through the phone, and they are out.

People look at him crazy.

Then the a manager walks up and says the original story that people came in person at 6.

When folk said that don't make sense. He tells them that if they wanted the shoes they should have put in more effort.

Everyone walks out pissed yelling about backdooring.

On one hand I felt bad for dude, but my initial reaction to hearing this tomfoolery was ...

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

I told dude I didn't know Marcus Jordan was on board of directors.

Dude is heated though.

Mans about to write a email to corporate that is longer than one of my post in the Political Thread.

Last edited:
That gif always makes me laugh. šŸ˜‚
I have no issue admitting the shape on these has made me come around more on them. Still prefer nubuck look, easily, but Iā€™m more impressed with them than I had been. Still passing because I know Nikeā€™s game. Wonā€™t be surprised to see these back in true form in three years, and a reworked WC before then.

I think you should get these, maybe even multiples. The shape may be better than the 1999, I haven't compared yet but will soon. I think you've seen me post about the shape of the 4 more than anyone and Durabuck is probably my favorite material on an Air Jordan. After what I've seen, these are a must.

The leather isn't glossy either. It's actually a little more dull than most black leather Jordan retros.

DONT PASS

2004-2015 2nd generation retro was the worst time to be a 4 fan. decade of corner cutting was at its finest. Height, length, toe and netting alignment was all bad. I remember it started with the white/green and cool grey and ended with the Alt 89s. 3rd Gen retro they fixed the netting alignment and maybe the height. We on 4th gen retro now and started with the SBs. We getting there folks. Getting close to emulating the 99s.

We can thank that sorry S.O.B. Gentry Humphrey for the dark ages. Whatā€™s sad is a lot of people only know that era and defend the dog shiit that released during that period like itā€™s a beloved family member.

I think you should get these, maybe even multiples. The shape may be better than the 1999, I haven't compared yet but will soon. I think you've seen me post about the shape of the 4 more than anyone and Durabuck is probably my favorite material on an Air Jordan. After what I've seen, these are a must.

The leather isn't glossy either. It's actually a little more dull than most black leather Jordan retros.

DONT PASS
I hear what youā€™re saying. I dunno. I wish I could see them in person first. Maybe Iā€™ll try for a pair and if they donā€™t excite me enough, I can return or sell them.

I hear what youā€™re saying. I dunno. I wish I could see them in person first. Maybe Iā€™ll try for a pair and if they donā€™t excite me enough, I can return or sell them.
Try for a pair, I don't think you'll have any problem returning them if you don't like them.

A multi billion dollar company, and itā€™s actually cats who think one man is in charge of all the decisions.

Comical

Ainā€™t a cape but itā€™s lazy to put all the blame on one guy

I actually met him when I worked in the sneaker retail space. I went to Nikeā€™s showroom in Santa Monica and he just happened to be there visiting. I flat out asked him in 2006, why he refused to release original color way retros true to form. He said that it was to protect the original releases and collectors. I let him know that as someone who was a collector and enthusiast (at that time I had over 400 pairs, most of which included every original 1 - 14 in every colorway), that I would not mind. I also brought up that a retro done true to form doesnā€™t devalue the original in any way.

He was where the buck stopped. He had final say on every release. Michael trusted him and didnā€™t pushback because sales were all that mattered to him at the end of the day. It doesnā€™t take a genius to see we got Nike Air back on the heals of 3-6 once he left JB.

Iā€™m chilling at home watching Tom and Jerry and i saw reservations were open at DSG for the Bred 4s. I go on Twitter to look at the list and surprisingly Ocala is on the list, which is a surprise since that DSG usually doesnā€™t get releases. I have to go into town to go to the gym so i swing by there and thereā€™s no line whatsoever. Size 10 is all reserved but i go with my original size 10.5 as a backup and i got them. Im glad i dont need to stress next weekend

My cousin just hit me up

Said he went to Dicks at opening to secure a pair. Were like 12 people in line.

The store opens at a worker says he is all out. Only size left is a 14. Said people came at 6am lined up, and they sold out at 7 am

No one believes, thinks he is joking, walk in and the dude walks off and a second dude walks up and repeats the same story, but now said people been calling in, and they take sign ups through the phone, and they are out.

People look at him crazy.

Then the a manager walks up and says the original story that people came in person at 6.

When folk said that don't make sense. He tells them that if they wanted the shoes they should have put in more effort.

Everyone walks out pissed yelling about backdooring.

On one hand I felt bad for dude, but my initial reaction to hearing this tomfoolery was ...

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

I told dude I didn't know Marcus Jordan was on board of directors.

Dude is heated though.

Mans about to write a email to corporate that is longer than one of my post in the Political Thread.
DSG is definitely getting shady. The one around my way didn't get that shiesty but definitely pulled some shenanigans with the list. Weren't many people waiting but they ran out of sizes nearly instantly. Some clear backdooring going on. I want these and still hope to get a pair and the amount of places these are at will hopefully make that happen, but if anybody had any illusions of this being an easy release (at least for big footers) or thinking people are sleeping on these....nope. The word is out.

Back
Top Bottom