Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I’m chilling at home watching Tom and Jerry and i saw reservations were open at DSG for the Bred 4s. I go on Twitter to look at the list and surprisingly Ocala is on the list, which is a surprise since that DSG usually doesn’t get releases. I have to go into town to go to the gym so i swing by there and there’s no line whatsoever. Size 10 is all reserved but i go with my original size 10.5 as a backup and i got them. Im glad i dont need to stress next weekend

Mannn that must be nice. I used to stay in gainesville :lol:

Early shoe of the year. Impeccable.

10.5 fits pretty nicely. Everything feels quality and thoughtful.
IMG_0813.jpeg

Size 11 be in shortly. Hit me if ya need and wanna trade or something.

IMG_0814.jpeg

I’m not a person that gets annoyed easily by releases but this release is already testing my patience. From my local Sheikhs hiding their QR codes so that no one can enter the raffles, to them lying straight to my face about them possibly getting them and then fast forward to the nonsense that I dealt with at my local DSG today. I was first in line and had about 10 people behind me. We were waiting for the signup clip board to come and the employee that was supposed to do the signups told me they were sold out in Mens but GS sizes were available. We waited for a manager and she told us they literally took signups for the shoes before the store officially opened. I was STUNNED! I’ve been told in the past that THEY NEVER DO SIGNUPS OUTSIDE OF OFFICIAL STORE HOURS. How the hell can I sign up for a pair of sneakers if I don’t know that the store is even OPEN?! It made NO SENSE! There was a dude in line behind me that immediately said, “Oh, so you guys backdoored the shoes.” Bruh, people were furious.

This is already shaping up to be a poop release. It’s being driven by reseller nonsense and I KNOW IT. This release and the Military 4s are pretty much the only thing this year that have people on the edge of their seats. Resellers see that and they’ve been hurting because the market is down and pretty much EVERYTHING has been SITTING. This is a sneaker that could get some type of profit, so it’s getting stupid already.

Last edited:
I actually met him when I worked in the sneaker retail space. I went to Nike’s showroom in Santa Monica and he just happened to be there visiting. I flat out asked him in 2006, why he refused to release original color way retros true to form. He said that it was to protect the original releases and collectors. I let him know that as someone who was a collector and enthusiast (at that time I had over 400 pairs, most of which included every original 1 - 14 in every colorway), that I would not mind. I also brought up that a retro done true to form doesn’t devalue the original in any way.

He was where the buck stopped. He had final say on every release. Michael trusted him and didn’t pushback because sales were all that mattered to him at the end of the day. It doesn’t take a genius to see we got Nike Air back on the heals of 3-6 once he left JB.
What’s so funny about that guy is he repeatedly has said stuff like this in public. He’s all about protecting collectors and shoe values when he’s talking to anyone in this community.

Frankly I think he had one attitude for all of us and another internally. And what’s funny is you know he was eventually going to pull the ace out his sleeve when the $$$ pump had been primed. Eventually he would have shifted toward the same path the brand is on now. Or he would have done an even worse job which is hard to imagine.

Still waiting for carrier pickup.

Meanwhile others have already received their pairs.

…I see what’s happening.

These have me excited for reimagiend white cements although idk what there is to reimagine. Maybe they give the uppers the cracked leather treatment like the lost and founds, AMM 1s, and 2s, and the every game air ships. Major cracking is definitely not preferable but light cracking can almost be ignored lol

Back
Top Bottom