Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Do you have a source saying the 99s were not Durabuck?

There's Eastbay pages with descriptions of Nike using Durabuck until the mid 2000s. (at least on Nikes, I forget if it's Jordan retros too)
They still call it durabuck in product descriptions today but it’s well known the material changed and the OG material never returned after the mid 90’s. There’s never been a Nike or JB retro with original durabuck.

They still call it durabuck in product descriptions today but it’s well known the material changed and the OG material never returned after the mid 90’s. There’s never been a Nike or JB retro with original durabuck.
I see what you're saying now.

I can definitely go with that just because of some of the stuff of that era and how shoes changed in the mid-late 90s.

Yeah, there are nice! 👍

IMG_1456.jpeg
IMG_1453.jpeg

IMG_1455.jpeg

Thing is the 2019 bred 4 isn’t even durabuck. It’s a hard cheap a** nubuck that they used. Folks are just calling it durabuck but it’s definitely not. Never cared for the nubuck on the 2019s. They should’ve used the same material from the 2019 Blk/Infrareds or the last Aqua 8s. That material was a perfect representation of acceptable durabuck for this day and age.
I have all three pairs and honestly I dont see much difference in them. The Aqua does have a little grey look in the outline of the cuts. But the other two appear the same to me. I believe the last of original durabuck used was on the 94 Charcoals if memory recalls. The 99 4s look pretty damn close though. I always thought that brand of durabuck was used on them as well.

I have all three pairs and honestly I dont see much difference in them. The Aqua does have a little grey look in the outline of the cuts. But the other two appear the same to me. I believe the last of original durabuck used was on the 94 Charcoals if memory recalls. The 99 4s look pretty damn close though. I always thought that brand of durabuck was used on them as well.
There’s no reason or incentive for me to just say things just for the sake of saying it lol. I have them all too and the material on the ‘19 Bred 4 and ‘19 blk/Infrared are in fact different from one another. Meaning it’s definitely not the same, but I digress. ‘19 infrareds had the better/more closer to OG “durabuck” material. Of course I’m not implying that’s it’s the actual OG durabuck from the 80’s/90’s.

Just did a feel test with the back tab & they are softer than previous retros but no where near as rubbery as the SB's. Those joints bounce like flubber lol.

Last edited:
There’s no reason or incentive for me to just say things just for the sake of saying it lol. I have them all too and the material on the ‘19 Bred 4 and ‘19 blk/Infrared are in fact different from one another. Meaning it’s definitely not the same, but I digress. ‘19 infrareds had the better/more closer to OG “durabuck” material. Of course I’m not implying that’s it’s the actual OG durabuck from the 80’s/90’s.
Not a material expert. Just giving my view.

Someone mentioned the back tab not being as pliable as the sb. They are way more flexible than recent and the 2019. They make the sbs with latex 😂.
The back tabs on the SBs are actually a soft rubber, not plastic. Agree though. These are more flexible than most 4s.

hows the fit? bit more room than previous bred 4?
I have not tried on yet. Will update later on.
They seem to have more padding on the ankle and tongue than the SB's, which was more than recent retros. so that's a plus.
These will definitely be the, "downstairs in the closet by the door pair" pair lol.

I decided to go for a pair. If I get them and they don’t strike me as sick in person, I won’t keep them.
Other than the leather, I wonder how I’m going to feel about that padded tongue, and how it’s going to look.

hows the fit? bit more room than previous bred 4?
Tbh they feel the same if not slightly wider than the SB’s. Will say, the leather does feel more conditioned (layers of wax on the leather) than the highly regarded SB material. That being said, they aren’t as narrow as earlier retros but can’t confirm without putting miles on them. Decent comfort straight out the box.

IMG_1470.jpeg

IMG_1471.jpeg

Tbh they feel the same if not slightly wider than the SB’s. Will say, the leather does feel more conditioned (layers of wax on the leather) than the highly regarded SB material. That being said, they aren’t as narrow as earlier retros but can’t confirm without putting miles on them. Decent comfort straight out the box.

IMG_1470.jpeg

IMG_1471.jpeg
Better than the 2019 pair as far as comfort? Reason I’m asking because I haven’t tried on my pair from GOAT that is deemed fake and don’t have no interest of trying them on lol

Better than the 2019 pair as far as comfort? Reason I’m asking because I haven’t tried on my pair from GOAT that is deemed fake and don’t have no interest of trying them on lol
Tbh I legit can’t remember if I got a 2019 pair or if it was the release before that. The pairs of 4’s I did have in the past did fit more narrow though. My pair of 99/‘00 Oreos were the comfiest 4’s I’ve owned though.

Back
Top Bottom