Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Here are a few pics of the 2019 and Reimagined together. I left the 2012 out of the pics because they were trash. I didn’t expect to like these Reimagined this much but the materials feel really well done. I can’t wait to wear them. The 2019 always hurt my feet so I went up on these. 4s have always been in my top 3 Jordan’s and the reason that I started collecting.

IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5111.jpeg
IMG_5106.jpeg

Rules or no rules wasn't my debate...my point was about "leg work" being the narrative when this thread itself provides examples of people who put in "leg work" and people who didn't receiving success. You moving the goalposts now.
ADVERTISEMENT
There’s a huge difference between “general leg work” and the “appropriate leg work” required to cop in the area you’re in. Every area is different. Putting in 15-20 raffles the week of and depending on SNKRS is general leg work that doesn’t require you to really do anything. There were people lined up outside DSG’s all across the country a week prior for reservations when you DSG use to be a low key spot. That alone told that sitting behind a screen hoping to get lucky may not cut it this release. I’ve noticed that a lot of guys on here refuse to leave their homes and put in the appropriate leg work because “it shouldn’t be like that.” That’s just not how it works. That’s a sense of entitlement that gets you nowhere. I’ve never missed out on a release I wanted in over 20 years because, like the homie is trying to explain to you, I put in the appropriate leg work. Works every time if you go out and get what you really want.

A lot of the times it's all luck. No matter how much "leg work" you put in. I'm too old to be going store to store sneaker hunting. I only do FTL and Champs raffles, log in to other foot sites Hibbett, Snipes and SNKRS and hope for the best. L&F and WC 3's are ones that I didn't get, every other OG releases were a breeze.

Last edited:
Day 2 wear. Still look great. Took them out for some errands with my girl. Minimal creasing. Comfortable. Now they just gotta pass the work day test

FDD74DAF-B751-4EE4-81F8-3EB4D80AA5EA.jpeg

9A9203FB-6CA8-48DA-A7F0-61273D981DC9.jpeg

Side note: If my cousin charged me $65 extra for some kicks, I would still express the utmost gratitude to them upon arrival.

Then I just wouldn’t bring a gift to their wedding :lol:

Day 2 wear. Still look great. Took them out for some errands with my girl. Minimal creasing. Comfortable. Now they just gotta pass the work day test

FDD74DAF-B751-4EE4-81F8-3EB4D80AA5EA.jpeg

9A9203FB-6CA8-48DA-A7F0-61273D981DC9.jpeg

Side note: If my cousin charged me $65 extra for some kicks, I would still express the utmost gratitude to them upon arrival.

Then I just wouldn’t bring a gift to their wedding :lol:
Yup because 65 dollars shipped to me is so much money.. prob can’t pay my mortgage next month now smh .. dude had to use gas money to get shoes for me and pay over retail for me and he shipping to me for free and he suppose to do all that for free lol. You guys crazy as hell in here .. its 65 damn dollars not 6500 wtf

I did a decent amount of leg work, at least as much as I can considering my life phase.
Ls on everything so far.

It feels incorrect to say xxx online, snkrs, website was easy/hard. You either clicked buttons and got em, kept trying for xxx minutes and got em or did those same lciks and did not Get em.

By many of your definitions: I guess coding or buying bots to cop should be considered the ultimate in legwork or doing whatever it takes ( paying resell) is the qualifier to really wanting them or trying
I didn't do any of those (yet) so I guess I don't really want them (yet)

Went around to all the local spots today (north side of Indy) to hunt for reserved pairs that didn’t get picked up. I did not venture back downtown or to the south side. Biggest size I saw available in person was a 9.5. Champs told me that their store on the other side of town had an 11, but nothing left in my 11.5 or 12 anywhere. There are still pairs hanging around. Hoping that there are restocks and/or resale drops when people get pairs in hand. These are a great pair of J’s and I sincerely hope that everyone who wants a pair for the toe is able to snag a pair within their budget.

Yup because 65 dollars shipped to me is so much money.. prob can’t pay my mortgage next month now smh .. dude had to use gas money to get shoes for me and pay over retail for me and he shipping to me for free and he suppose to do all that for free lol. You guys crazy as hell in here .. its 65 damn dollars not 6500 wtf

Just a little joke my brother

why-are-you-crying-mark-phillips.gif

Im sure your cousin a good dude and so are you :lol:

I get all that but the point of MY statement was about the blanket statement of "leg work" all that other stuff y'all talking about EYE never mentioned...and like I said this thread itself has provided examples of some people putting in tremendous effort and some people putting in little effort with various results. So I hear y'all but at the same time I don't. Cause all the other stuff about "entitlement" and sitting behind computer screens was NEVER my angle or point.
ADVERTISEMENT
There’s a huge difference between “general leg work” and the “appropriate leg work” required to cop in the area you’re in. Every area is different. Putting in 15-20 raffles the week of and depending on SNKRS is general leg work that doesn’t require you to really do anything. There were people lined up outside DSG’s all across the country a week prior for reservations when you DSG use to be a low key spot. That alone told that sitting behind a screen hoping to get lucky may not cut it this release. I’ve noticed that a lot of guys on here refuse to leave their homes and put in the appropriate leg work because “it shouldn’t be like that.” That’s just not how it works. That’s a sense of entitlement that gets you nowhere. I’ve never missed out on a release I wanted in over 20 years because, like the homie is trying to explain to you, I put in the appropriate leg work. Works every time if you go out and get what you really want.

ADVERTISEMENT
I shot about 50 shots for L&F 1’s and got nothing…even after release I couldn’t get them on restock or the two times they were available on eBay top Star drops

All online because no stores within a reasonable driving distance got them

Did I put in legwork? 🦵

image.jpg

My wallet ended up Putin legwork 💰 🦵

A lot of the times it's all luck. No matter how much "leg work" you put in. I'm too old to be going store to store sneaker hunting. I only do FTL and Champs raffles, log in to other foot sites Hibbett, Snipes and SNKRS and hope for the best. L&F and WC 3's are ones that I didn't get, every other OG releases were a breeze.
💯. Effort or Luck.

The friend ended the relationship because he missed out on the resale of the shoes. He knew where they releasing at too and should've called out sick and drove across state lines with his homie.

He actually had just started a good job, still there, with MTA and he really couldn't do it because I think it might have been probationary period so you have to be on point I assume not sure.

He actually wanted them to have/wear he doesn't resell most he would do is trade doubles to get something he missed out on.

I think he was under the assumption that his friend was going to look out because that's what they always did for each other.

The idea that we have to "earn" the oppurtunity to pay money for something cracks me up. The legwork comes from the money made from having a job.
If I want a shoe bad enough, I will pay. Im not gonna jump through stupid hoops for something I am already willing to pay full price for. Like it was said above, my wallet does most of the legwork for me. My legwork was putting the money there to do it.

The idea that we have to "earn" the oppurtunity to pay money for something cracks me up. The legwork comes from the money made from having a job.
If I want a shoe bad enough, I will pay. Im not gonna jump through stupid hoops for something I am already willing to pay full price for. Like it was said above, my wallet does most of the legwork for me. My legwork was putting the money there to do it.
This is the way.

You’re either:
1708296087932.gif

or
1708296112459.gif

The choice is yours.

The embossed tumble looks much better to me. Even if he wanted to give it a smooth appearance, the matte effect looks bad.
He gotta hit the midsole with a matte finish too. That would help the look. I thought about doing something similar, but after seeing his results I'll leave em be. Maybe just add white edges, the edges look blue on these and it bugs the hell out of me.

I think what changed from a decade ago is everyone was young(er) and putting in the legwork, scoring as many pairs of a hot release as you could was part of the thrill and community. You were more likely to hoard pairs to trade rather than getting resale money from your fellow head.

We’re all older and paying the extra 50 bucks or simply not coppin seems a lot easier than doing countless raffles, especially anything local/in-person to most dudes. Especially with all the scum involved in reselling. I’d rather pay $50 online than deal with some local edge lord who thinks he’s a big bad man cause he pays off $15/hr foot employees at the malls.

That said, entering 10-20 raffles online should have netted most people a pair at least. If that didn’t happen and you struck out on every retailer, that’s tough luck. Happened to me last year with the WC3 and was really frustrating.

I get it, but I don’t get it. He should have been compensated for his time, travel, and expenses. However, he ended the relationship over a meager profit?! Good relationship are invaluable! They are aren’t measured on profit. I gifted several people on instyle shoes/sole collector access to the spot that was “taking reservations” (buy early and come pick up the box and receipt later) for the predecessor of this sneaker, black laser IV. There were only 3000 pairs made. I didn’t want to be compensated, I simply wanted to see them win. The crazy thing is….. the hood spot limited sales to one per person. They refused to let the local hustlers buy out their complete stock.

Yooo cooljazz cooljazz lol

You took it back with the Black Laser 4's wow.

That was the kicks that got me to actually start reading in threads and posting asking questions on NT instead of only just lurking.

They dropped on my birthday in August 2004 I think it was and man I was going hard trying to secure a pair for retail or where to even go with no luck. That was also one of the first sneaker release where people was withholding info on NT in the thread.

I actually ended paying resale for the Black Laser 4's and still have them deadstock somewhere. That was first, and last time and most I paid resale for some kicks. I paid $420 for them from a dude from online, a complete stranger and I paid with a money order. I thought I got scammed and was preparing to take the L and they showed up at my parents house. I was so happy and looking back I can't believe I didn't get scammed bro. I remember dudes name and all of that Pan was his name.

That was really good of you to do that and help people out with that release major props to you. I found out after that they released at Niketown NY and I called ahead and asked and they said no they are not getting them. You're a good person, but not everyone out there is a good person and just looking out for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom