Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Who ever saying the 19 is better or is the same as these is nuts.

To me, it comes down to the height. .. The collar looks too awkward on the 24’s which makes them mids, compared to the 19’s as lows. Just looks terrible on foot. The toe box does look better tho, but not enough to justify that they look better over the 19’s.

Y’all new heads just keep buying up what Nike dishes in terms of newness and putting twists on old retros, they know what they’re doing and obviously it works.

I think what changed from a decade ago is everyone was young(er) and putting in the legwork, scoring as many pairs of a hot release as you could was part of the thrill and community. You were more likely to hoard pairs to trade rather than getting resale money from your fellow head.

We’re all older and paying the extra 50 bucks or simply not coppin seems a lot easier than doing countless raffles, especially anything local/in-person to most dudes. Especially with all the scum involved in reselling. I’d rather pay $50 online than deal with some local edge lord who thinks he’s a big bad man cause he pays off $15/hr foot employees at the malls.

That said, entering 10-20 raffles online should have netted most people a pair at least. If that didn’t happen and you struck out on every retailer, that’s tough luck. Happened to me last year with the WC3 and was really frustrating.
Been on both sides of this here. I have went to stores, put in raffles, been on snkrs ready at 10, all to end up paying resell anyway.
This release, I purchased two days prior to on ebay. Joked with my wife yesterday morning about trying to get a pair 5 minutes after 10. She gets on snkrs casually and freaking hits. Unbelievable. Luck has a lot to do with it as well.

Been on both sides of this here. I have went to stores, put in raffles, been on snkrs ready at 10, all to end up paying resell anyway.
This release, I purchased two days prior to on ebay. Joked with my wife yesterday morning about trying to get a pair 5 minutes after 10. She gets on snkrs casually and freaking hits. Unbelievable. Luck has a lot to do with it as well.
It’s certainly an odds game at this point. “Work” doesn’t in any way correlate to results. So I get the frustration. But frankly 9/10 Jordans are easy pickups these days so I’ll take the current odds when the alternative is 40-50 extra bucks to get the shoe. Think I paid $275 for my WC3’s last March and didn’t feel bad about it

Here are a few pics of the 2019 and Reimagined together. I left the 2012 out of the pics because they were trash. I didn’t expect to like these Reimagined this much but the materials feel really well done. I can’t wait to wear them. The 2019 always hurt my feet so I went up on these. 4s have always been in my top 3 Jordan’s and the reason that I started collecting.

IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5111.jpeg
IMG_5106.jpeg
To each his own, but the fact people are still saying the 2019s are better than these is crazy to me.

He actually had just started a good job, still there, with MTA and he really couldn't do it because I think it might have been probationary period so you have to be on point I assume not sure.

He actually wanted them to have/wear he doesn't resell most he would do is trade doubles to get something he missed out on.

I think he was under the assumption that his friend was going to look out because that's what they always did for each other.
Great for him, but folks got to stop assuming stuff thats not communicated.

If your friend gave his homie the money for the shoes, and then got snaked, I'd understand that.

But from what you said, it fits more like homie came back from McDonalds and your friend's pissed he ain't sharing his fries this time like he used to.

That boot toe, off centered NIKE on the back, the materials, awful!
The materials is the most important part IMO. People write off the 2012 for its awful shape and paint, but the upper is without question better quality material than the 2019. Which is hilariously stupid.

To me, it comes down to the height. .. The collar looks too awkward on the 24’s which makes them mids, compared to the 19’s as lows. Just looks terrible on foot. The toe box does look better tho, but not enough to justify that they look better over the 19’s.

Y’all new heads just keep buying up what Nike dishes in terms of newness and putting twists on old retros, they know what they’re doing and obviously it works.
Maybe people like what Nike is putting out and buying it. Maybe people have their own opinions. What’s the fun in unattainable expectations?

The materials is the most important part IMO. People write off the 2012 for its awful shape and paint, but the upper is without question better quality material than the 2019. Which is hilariously stupid.
We all must different experiences with these. 2012 was crazy stiff. The paint chipped on mine also, but the reason I threw them away was the upper completely flaking away. The nubuck chipped almost as bad as the paint did.

We all must different experiences with these. 2012 was crazy stiff. The paint chipped on mine also, but the reason I threw them away was the upper completely flaking away. The nubuck chipped almost as bad as the paint did.
I’ve given mine an annual mink oil spray and they’re fine. I do think I’m gonna sell them cause I only wore this pair a couple times (and the paint is fully intact).

But there’s no doubt the 2012 material is softer and has more depth. The 2019 is just hard and dull and there’s nothing to flake away cause it’s terribly cheap synthetic. Still shocked me the material was so poor when the 2019s released. They crease way worse than the 2012s too.

I keep thinking about buying these just to hit them with some sandpaper to remove that shiny leather..interested to see the result.

I would like to believe that these were hard to get and a lot of non-sneakerheads had to bend over and take an L.

Hitting on the shock drop doesn’t feel special if everyone got a pair on release day.
What? That’s a weird take. I like shock drops cause it means you have a chance to get a product early and not stress on release. Doesn’t mean one is special.

A lot of the times it's all luck. No matter how much "leg work" you put in. I'm too old to be going store to store sneaker hunting. I only do FTL and Champs raffles, log in to other foot sites Hibbett, Snipes and SNKRS and hope for the best. L&F and WC 3's are ones that I didn't get, every other OG releases were a breeze.

I did a decent amount of leg work, at least as much as I can considering my life phase.
Ls on everything so far.

It feels incorrect to say xxx online, snkrs, website was easy/hard. You either clicked buttons and got em, kept trying for xxx minutes and got em or did those same lciks and did not Get em.

By many of your definitions: I guess coding or buying bots to cop should be considered the ultimate in legwork or doing whatever it takes ( paying resell) is the qualifier to really wanting them or trying
I didn't do any of those (yet) so I guess I don't really want them (yet)

Like dude saying snkrs was "easy work." :lol:

Back
Top Bottom