Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I've wondered how these stores stay in business in these dinky-a** malls. The one in the Caesar's Forum Shops is understandable. But... isn't the rent high for mall space?
It is and after speaking to a few owners/managers of shops like this, they aim to be near the Footlockers and Nike stores. So rent is especially high in those spots.

A lot of these resale shops are surviving only because people are stupid and only get their sneaker “info” from social media. It’s not gonna last for a lot of them, in my opinion. This aint the height of covid, as we know.

True story: I was at my local mall over the weekend not even for shoes. I happened to pop into Footlocker just to look around and one of the younger sales associates started talking to me. Right next-door to Footlocker is one of those mall resale shops that have popped up and this kid told me that people come into Footlocker and literally ask if Dunks and certain other shoes on the shelf are fake because they don’t understand why they’re only $115 or whatever when the shop right next door is selling them for $300 or whatever. Gdamn people are morons. But when a good chunk of your sneaker store business model is based on people’s stupidity, I wouldn’t be too confident of that lasting. Especially as sneaker resale and hype seems to have died down in general when it comes to the masses.
Yeah I was at a mall last week and there was a Shoe Palace and a resale shop. The resale shop had shoes for twice as much as one could walk across the street to Shoe Palace and buy them. No one was in the resale shop and Shoe Palace was packed!

I've wondered how these stores stay in business in these dinky-a** malls. The one in the Caesar's Forum Shops is understandable. But... isn't the rent high for mall space?
Malls are going bankrupt and shuttering left and right. I’m sure there’s affordable mall space in a lot of these ghost towns

A lot of these resale shops are surviving only because people are stupid and only get their sneaker “info” from social media. It’s not gonna last for a lot of them, in my opinion. This aint the height of covid, as we know.

True story: I was at my local mall over the weekend not even for shoes. I happened to pop into Footlocker just to look around and one of the younger sales associates started talking to me. Right next-door to Footlocker is one of those mall resale shops that have popped up and this kid told me that people come into Footlocker and literally ask if Dunks and certain other shoes on the shelf are fake because they don’t understand why they’re only $115 or whatever when the shop right next door is selling them for $300 or whatever. Gdamn people are morons. But when a good chunk of your sneaker store business model is based on people’s stupidity, I wouldn’t be too confident of that lasting. Especially as sneaker resale and hype seems to have died down in general when it comes to the masses.
That business model is definitely on its last leg. Only a handful of releases per year are in high demand at this point.

That business model is definitely on its last leg. Only a handful of releases per year are in high demand at this point.

IMG_7025.jpeg

If you're reselling everything, than this sucks for your business. If you're only targeting hyped releases, then theres probably no real impact.

Ebay pair hit the authenticator and was authenticated 8 minutes later...

Also seeing prices creep up. At like 7 05 SNKRS gave me my final L so I had an in-hand Ebay pair purchased by like 7 10 and so far so good. $300 for these and $300 for the WC3.

Whenever I see the “This is what everyone wanted, right?” from a sneaker-related social media account, it automatically gets unfollowed. I don’t care about shoes sitting and resale prices dipping. If you care about any of that stuff, then you’re a culture vulture and not really in it for the love of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom