Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Definitely different perspectives on "easy".

There is normal person with a life outside of sneakers "easy" - wake up the day of release, eat breakfast with your family at 10am, check Nike.com between 11am and noon and buy them online or go to the mall.

Then there is sneakerhead "easy." Create 10 different log ons to sneakers sites, enter 30 raffes, buy 3 bot programs, then wait by the computer refreshing every 5 seconds for the release at 10am. Also, make sure that you do not have any obligations like work or family so you can sit by the computer waiting for the shoes to drop.
I mean if you ever thought a bred iv was the former and not the latter you might be insane

Its about the entries vs the stock of the sizes.
Some people think its “easy” because its easy to acquire their size. For other sizes it may be not easy.

classic example: Limited L&F 1s vs somewhat limited Jordan 3 wc reimagined (Snkrs draw) vs these jordan 4 reimagined (no draw).

All three were reimagined.

So many entries and lesser limited stock for the l&f. (Snkrs draw). Few W and a number of Ls. Many people entered raffles in the double digits and lost. Conclusion is that was a difficult release.

Slightly limited and partly GR stock for the Jordan 3 wc reimagined. (Snkrs draw). I was lucky to win the draw for my size. And after a while the draw on Snkrs converted into a non draw, just click submit and process. There were raffles for these, few people won, few didn’t. Conclusion: part easy and part difficult release.

The reimagined IV “bred” (no Snkrs draw) imo, had produced more stock but again there might have been more demand, for certain sizes than others, and possibly less demand for certain sizes than others. I sometimes think people demand more for Jordan 1s and Jordan 3s more than IVs in general.

Still, if you tried to enter raffles AND tried on Snkrs AND went in store and still couldn’t land a pair: Conclusion is this was a tough release for you.

If you did score a pair this reimagined IV was relatively easy for you.

An easy release is one where you don’t have to rely on luck through a raffle to cop.

And if you’re hitting on multiple local raffles, chances are good you live in an area that doesn’t care about Jordans, or you live in an area where people are too poor to buy Jordans. Lol

If you enter 20 raffles and don’t hit ONE odds really didn’t work in your favor and you had bad luck on this one but to say these couldn’t be obtained is obscene.

We suffered years of underproduced releases only meant to leave people with L’s to drive the hype. Then they give you one of the largest production runs on any shoe ever and it’s tough? Nah, there’s a spectrum and your take is way off it on this one.
That's my point as well. There's a spectrum. And at the "easy" end of the spectrum is few to no raffles, no lineups, available at least hours after release online, and available at least most of the day on release day in stores. The Reimagined 4s don't hit any of that criteria 🤷🏿‍♂️. "Relatively easy for what we typically have to go through as sneaker heads" isn't the same thing as actually easy. If it's more than I'd expect a regular person to do when buying a shoe that doesn't sound easy to me. If the day before the release I told you all I was going to do is casually drive over to my favorite Foot Locker on my lunch break and pick these up you'd laugh at me 😂. I think I might just be arguing semantics at this point, I'll concede that 😂.....still ain't easy though.

Its about the entries vs the stock of the sizes.
Some people think its “easy” because its easy to acquire their size. For other sizes it may be not easy.

classic example: Limited L&F 1s vs somewhat limited Jordan 3 wc reimagined (Snkrs draw) vs these jordan 4 reimagined (no draw).

All three were reimagined.

So many entries and lesser limited stock for the l&f. (Snkrs draw). Few W and a number of Ls. Many people entered raffles in the double digits and lost. Conclusion is that was a difficult release.

Slightly limited and partly GR stock for the Jordan 3 wc reimagined. (Snkrs draw). I was lucky to win the draw for my size. And after a while the draw on Snkrs converted into a non draw, just click submit and process. There were raffles for these, few people won, few didn’t. Conclusion: part easy and part difficult release.

The reimagined IV “bred” (no Snkrs draw) imo, had produced more stock but again there might have been more demand, for certain sizes than others, and possibly less demand for certain sizes than others. I sometimes think people demand more for Jordan 1s and Jordan 3s more than IVs in general.

Still, if you tried to enter raffles AND tried on Snkrs AND went in store and still couldn’t land a pair: Conclusion is this was a tough release for you.

If you did score a pair this reimagined IV was relatively easy for you.
This is all I'm sayin' ☝🏿 😂

If you enter 20 raffles and don’t hit ONE odds really didn’t work in your favor and you had bad luck on this one but to say these couldn’t be obtained is obscene.

We suffered years of underproduced releases only meant to leave people with L’s to drive the hype. Then they give you one of the largest production runs on any shoe ever and it’s tough? Nah, there’s a spectrum and your take is way off it on this one.
If you had to enter 20 raffles for one shoe I promise you that is textbook "not easy".

That's my point as well. There's a spectrum. And at the "easy" end of the spectrum is few to no raffles, no lineups, available at least hours after release online, and available at least most of the day on release day in stores. The Reimagined 4s don't hit any of that criteria 🤷🏿‍♂️. "Relatively easy for what we typically have to go through as sneaker heads" isn't the same thing as actually easy. If it's more than I'd expect a regular person to do when buying a shoe that doesn't sound easy to me. If the day before the release I told you all I was going to do is casually drive over to my favorite Foot Locker on my lunch break and pick these up you'd laugh at me 😂. I think I might just be arguing semantics at this point, I'll concede that 😂.....still ain't easy though.
If that’s your point I hope you recognize this was a tough release no matter what because they were never going to sit. Comparing a quality OG colorway people love to bricks that sit isn’t something I’d even think about doing.

But within the context of this release it wasn’t very hard or you wouldn’t see literally hundreds of NTers who copped and doubled up. Hopefully we can agree there’s a huge difference between most people here striking out and almost every person getting a pair

Facts. And honestly I don't even trust the in store raffles for the boutiques, even the stores I generally trust and really rock with. And I get it. If you got a few guys buying all the blah stuff I don't want or a few guys willing to pay above retail on the back door to help you pay for your over head I get it 🤷🏿‍♂️. Sucks but I get it. So I expect these stores to go through the raffle list and seed pairs. Raffles at the major stores is more secure with more pairs but way more competition.

But yeah, easy cop usually means "I was able to hit". A truly easy cop is available hours after release online and/or at least until the end of the day at a physical store. If you gotta line up or enter a million raffles or have a thousand browsers open or rub n tug a leprechaun behind a Denny's, ain't nothin' easy about that.

This. I think a lot of people seem to confuse "I hit on snkrs" with "easy."

I don’t agree with most of that. If you couldn’t get one pair you probably didn’t enter many raffles. And that’s on the individual. Especially knowing any extras would be easy to move.

Resellers definitely got in on this one cause they were desperate to find ANY shoe that is actually profitable but resale value doesn’t equate 1:1 how hard it was to obtain. More a reflection of how much product is left after on sale and who holds it.

Not going to convince me having double the raffle options due to production volume on this one, a shock drop, and on sale made this a particularly hard release.

And if this was a hard release what did you think about 8-12 years of much harder releases on much worse shoes? It’s all relative and this one was relatively easy for the EXACT reason I mentioned. I feel bad for no one missing out on a 550k production run in 2024 😂

I listed what all I did to try to get these from normal retail routes. Multiple raffles, multiple people trying for me. Struck out everywhere. Literally the only reason I got a pair at "retail," was because my ebay Topstar membership is still active. Meaning I still had to go to the secondary market to get a pair.

I listed what all I did to try to get these from normal retail routes. Multiple raffles, multiple people trying for me. Struck out everywhere. Literally the only reason I got a pair at "retail," was because my ebay Topstar membership is still active. Meaning I still had to go to the secondary market to get a pair.
I know, you said “multiple”. But if you didn’t enter 10 you didn’t cover your bases. And that’s fine, some people didn’t think it was necessary. But look around. 99% of the thread got the shoe. In what world do we define a normal distribution around a complete outlier?

That leather just doesn't hit. The suede is what gives the shoe its swag.
Well it was never suede. We could start there. But that material on the 2019s ain’t the kind of synthetic nubuck I’ve ever wanted on my feet. It’s an outlier amongst hundreds of bad “durabuck” retros as being exponentially worse. Cardboard thin, immediate deep creasing, no depth or vibrance, certainly no suede appearance or feel.

That’s not swag, that’s schwag.

Ok so by nature of this shoe releasing at all it was “tough”. That doesn’t give any reference or context to it. Could have been 1/3 or 1/2 the stock… still “tough”. It’s not a very good description when almost everyone here got a pair. A tough release in my mind is one where most people couldn’t cop. That takes out personal experience and tells you how the collective did. The collective stomped this release into the ground!

I know, you said “multiple”. But if you didn’t enter 10 you didn’t cover your bases. And that’s fine, some people didn’t think it was necessary. But look around. 99% of the thread got the shoe. In what world do we define a normal distribution around a complete outlier?

10 raffles? I can't even name 10 sneaker retailers off the top of my head, and I would guess most casual buyers couldn't either.

10 raffles? I can't even name 10 sneaker retailers off the top of my head, and I would guess most casual buyers couldn't either.
How could anyone take you seriously about thinking something is tough if you don't even know 10 places selling a shoe that went to hundreds of US retailers?

If that’s your point I hope you recognize this was a tough release no matter what because they were never going to sit. Comparing a quality OG colorway people love to bricks that sit isn’t something I’d even think about doing.

But within the context of this release it wasn’t very hard or you wouldn’t see literally hundreds of NTers who copped and doubled up. Hopefully we can agree there’s a huge difference between most people here striking out and almost every person getting a pair
I think we just need to concede that some of us define "easy" very differently. I'm not comparing this release to bricks. I'm comparing this release to other 4s. I had an easier time getting black cats, lightings, thunders, and 2019s. I'm not sure how something can require multiple raffle entries, multiple accounts, multiple devices, and still be classified as easy. Baffling.

Ok so by nature of this shoe releasing at all it was “tough”. That doesn’t give any reference or context to it. Could have been 1/3 or 1/2 the stock… still “tough”. It’s not a very good description when almost everyone here got a pair. A tough release in my mind is one where most people couldn’t cop. That takes out personal experience and tells you how the collective did. The collective stomped this release into the ground!
That's a terrible metric. So basically if a bunch of addicts were able to secure the thing they are addicted to then it was an easy cop? A group of people who by definition are going to do more than the average person to get sneakers. We really do have a problem 😂.

Your metric is flawed for a few reasons....
1. NT is not a good sample size to judge an entire release by. You have to be a certain kind of into sneakers to do what we do here? That's like a cook group saying this was an easy cop because most of them ate. Of course they did.

2. By your logic 20 raffles to hit on one pair=easy cop and 20 raffles to hit on zero pairs=tough release. That doesn't make sense because it's the same effort in both cases. A better gauge would be a ratio of attempts vs hits. But even that's not as accurate because it doesn't account for luck.

3. We can't say on one hand there is a spectrum of difficulty when copping pairs but then say that easy is most people got pairs and hard is most people didn't. That's not a spectrum. That's binary. Everyone copped or no one copped. No context or nuance to that.

If obtaining one pair was difficult, you really need to go back to the drawing board and perfect your craft of sneaker buying. With more focus and proper form you should have at least walked away with one pair for retail.

Here’s a graphic of my technique and it seems to be working:
1709670246904.jpeg

That's a terrible metric. So basically if a bunch of addicts were able to secure the thing they are addicted to then it was an easy cop? A group of people who by definition are going to do more than the average person to get sneakers. We really do have a problem 😂.

Your metric is flawed for a few reasons....
1. NT is not a good sample size to judge an entire release by. You have to be a certain kind of into sneakers to do what we do here? That's like a cook group saying this was an easy cop because most of them ate. Of course they did.

2. By your logic 20 raffles to hit on one pair=easy cop and 20 raffles to hit on zero pairs=tough release. That doesn't make sense because it's the same effort in both cases. A better gauge would be a ratio of attempts vs hits. But even that's not as accurate because it doesn't account for luck.

3. We can't say on one hand there is a spectrum of difficulty when copping pairs but then say that easy is most people got pairs and hard is most people didn't. That's not a spectrum. That's binary. Everyone copped or no one copped. No context or nuance to that.
You’re talking about effort and I’m talking about results. I locked my raffle pair and didn’t even try outside of 15 seconds Sat morning. Everyone is different but the only objective metric about any release here is how many people got the shoe vs how many didn’t.

This one was almost straight dubs, not L’s. Can’t say that for a lot of releases. But I do agree like crack addicts, your desire to get the shoe does influence how many opportunities you’re gonna give yourself to get it

I entered 6 myself, and had my girlfriend and another friend enter the same 6 for a size 12. That's 18 entries and none of us hit. None of us hit snkrs either drop, FNL pick up was sold out when I finally got through after their mess. Only had access to kids ship to me. Nothing on Champs or FTL.

I entered 6 myself, and had my girlfriend and another friend enter the same 6 for a size 12. That's 18 entries and none of us hit. None of us hit snkrs either drop, FNL pick up was sold out when I finally got through after their mess. Only had access to kids ship to me. Nothing on Champs or FTL.
Well, it's obvious you didn't try hard enough.

.....jk 😂. You obviously did try hard enough. When it comes to raffles I tap out at 5 raffles, maybe 10 on something I REALLY want. I found it works best if you have only 1 card attached to each raffle, at least the "if you win we automatically charge you" raffles". That's too much for me. I'd rather line up for 3 hours.

If obtaining one pair was difficult, you really need to go back to the drawing board and perfect your craft of sneaker buying. With more focus and proper form you should have at least walked away with one pair for retail.

Here’s a graphic of my technique and it seems to be working:
1709670246904.jpeg
I did 20+ raffles for LF1 and WC3 plus snkrs etc. I ended up with 0 pairs for both. All this work was done through a desk as per your very informative pic. Maybe I didn’t approach the screen as closely as we can see in the 3rd instance of the executive who is trying to see KK’s butt on the internet. I promise I’ll try harder next time.

Please stop with this narrative of legwork.

Please stop with this narrative of legwork.

Agree :emoji_100:
The only "legwork" I ever do or ever will do is enter a bunch of draws and try on SNKRS. I'm way too busy to be out here "developing relationships" in my free time with store managers/proprietors/employees, and whatever else some people apparently spend their time doing.

More often than not, I have been reasonably successful in landing the pairs I want at retail. But not always. Which goes to this whole "easy" debate. Obviously people who enter some draws/raffles and win feel like it was easy. People who enter a bunch and lose feel like it was hard. It's luck to a huge degree, and any one person's view of a release's "difficulty" is going to be skewed by what specifically happened to them.

That said, I think we all recognize that even if we personally fail to hit on a release, if there are 500K or 1M+ pairs made of it, of course IN GENERAL that's still an easier release than the super-limited releases of 10K or 20K pairs. That's just common sense. But if you're someone who manages to have bad luck and not get a pair even after you enter 10+ draws, the statistical probability isn't helping you. The fact remains you didn't get a pair and will certainly not agree the release was easy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom