Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I did 20+ raffles for LF1 and WC3 plus snkrs etc. I ended up with 0 pairs for both. All this work was done through a desk as per your very informative pic. Maybe I didn’t approach the screen as closely as we can see in the 3rd instance of the executive who is trying to see KK’s butt on the internet. I promise I’ll try harder next time.

Please stop with this narrative of legwork.
Posture is :emoji_key:

I hit on the shock drop but that didn’t make these easy, it made me lucky. Easy IMO would be something like the Fear III’s, if you wanted those and didn't hit at retail that’s on you.
We’re all aware no one wants a brick re-retro made in half the quantity of this shoe.

Guess page 1 of this thread should have qualified one of the three most popular colorways ever would require some effort 🤣

In real life when you're walking and moving around, people aren't examining the shape of the shoe lol.
Are they examining the materials then? Most likely not. You say the leather dont hit for you. But the nubuck used in the 2019 is a flat jet black look. So many in here put the grey/white edges on that shoe because of its flat look. The durabuck in 1989 did not have that. The material back then provided the shoe to show its features, the panel cuts, etc.
The leather versions hit with me because it already provides the look I wanted from the 1989. Surprisingly the leather shows of more of the shoes features than the nubuck. Thats why so many customized their pairs with the white edging. True durabuck would be a different story here. Hopefully Nike finds a way eventually to replicate it properly.

You’re talking about effort and I’m talking about results. I locked my raffle pair and didn’t even try outside of 15 seconds Sat morning. Everyone is different but the only objective metric about any release here is how many people got the shoe vs how many didn’t.

This one was almost straight dubs, not L’s. Can’t say that for a lot of releases. But I do agree like crack addicts, your desire to get the shoe does influence how many opportunities you’re gonna give yourself to get it
I thought effort was at the heart of the whole debate.🤷🏿‍♂️ If not, i take back everything I said and apologize for derailing the thread for a few pages 😂.

IMG_2682.jpeg
LN3 gang. Where ya at

Well it was never suede. We could start there. But that material on the 2019s ain’t the kind of synthetic nubuck I’ve ever wanted on my feet. It’s an outlier amongst hundreds of bad “durabuck” retros as being exponentially worse. Cardboard thin, immediate deep creasing, no depth or vibrance, certainly no suede appearance or feel.

That’s not swag, that’s schwag.
🙄 I'm using "suede" interchangeably

Maybe I'm getting too old, but I'm over all of that nubuck/durabuck talk. I've had OG J's back in the 90s so I've had my fix. Today, as long as the shoe somewhat resembles the OGs, I'm cool. I don't need a 1:1 match lol. Like I said before, people in real life aren't looking that hard. We're the only one's who sit and examine every minute detail of shoe that we probably won't even wear until 12 months later lol. It's not that serious.

I do care about the shape, but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.

Can someone please answer my sizing question? Do these run big kind of like the re-imagined IIIs?
In all my research most have said TTS is the way to go. That's what I've gathered from NT, Reddit, and YouTube channels I follow. A few have said they run big but not many, at least to me. I typically have to go a full to a half size up and so far these work at TTS but I haven't put in nearly enough time in these to stand by that just yet.

What helps me out is finding a YouTube channel that seems to match my usual sizing and then relying on their feedback for releases where I can't try them on or NT isn't able to give a consistent answer, which is usually most of the time 😂.

Back
Top Bottom