Jordan on cover of ESPN magazine on 2/25/08

Just saw this on ESPN's main page. Didn't say much but I'm thinking they will have something on the XX3's. Anymore news regarding this? Pleasemove if this is not in the right forum.

The cover article is about the NBA today and it's bad image.
Jordan gives his take on the current NBA, and calls out Stern the NBA for comparing today's players to older players, so they don't develop their ownidentity. He says that because we hold such high expectations with these comparisons (He's the next Jordan!) they aren't met.

early 90's NBA > NBA today... it wasn't just Jordan it was numerous players, match ups, and og sneakers... today I can barely watch a game withoutfalling asleep. Time for Stern to leave and bring in someone new

pimp.gif
i'll have to pick this up

It hurts to say, but the NBA sucks....
Games are bad, with silly %#% baketball, and players, who have no idea about the game, but look like thugs!
I have a feeling about.... It would be nice, to put guys like MJ, Bird, Pip, The Dream, Joe Dumars, Magic, Rodman, Mullin.... so the old school cats in theirprime, to todays game, and they would kill these "basketball stars"
I think Bird and MJ would still teach these kids about the game, if they could run for 40 mins 80 times a year....
Only guy comes up to mind who would be able to match with these guys is Duncan.... Maybe Kobe.... Kidd.... But then again, theye are old school! The leastexperienced is Duncan, who is in the L for the 10th year!!!! Holy sh.....

I always enjoy watching my team (Go LAkers!). These days, its usually the only NBA game I care to watch. Back in the day I could pick up almost any NBA game anenjoy it. IT has definitely changed.

i tried to read it in the barber shop the other day but i only got about a quarter of the way through the article. seemed interesting

Back
Top Bottom