Jordan Retro 1 '85 Black/Red Feb 14th 2025

I’m sick

sucka.gif

A $50 increase on an 85 high actually is pretty shocking. The $5 and $10 increases aren’t shocking but jacking it up 25% is unprecedented.
I agree. Unprecedented is definitely a word. I don’t see the increase to $250 unless these are nearly identical to the og with banned leather. I know Nike/JB have competition from makers overseas that make fakes that are better in materials, shape and are hand made. I’ve even considered buying them because they are that good.

I do find it crazy interesting that Nike is suing TSS for making fakes but Nike/JB cant even make an accurate retro to any of their own shoes. I’m speaking specifically to Jordan’s and clearly not their retro running products which obviously get a much superior retro compared to Jordan’s their biggest money maker. Then, the fake makers are so good it puts JB to such shame that they have to raise the price of a Jordan 1 with 1985 technology by 25% . This retro BETTER BE IDENTICAL TO THE OG with better materials is my final say!

Crazy times we’re living in. Just crazy lol

Lowkey it would be hilarious if JB started charging market prices out the gate just so all you Retail-Or-Busters would be forced to admit it’s not and never was about retail vs resale but rather what you can afford lmao

Nike charging too much for too many overlooked nay I saw incompetent mistakes just like how they said these 24 black cement 3s are “true to og specs and closer than they ever been to og” we knew that was a lie they are like an 18/01 with a slight 94. No where near an 88!

Has the potential to be the best retro of a Jordan 1 to date, but $250 is a step too far in my book…Have to know when to say enough is enough 🤷‍♂️…Hope everyone who really wants them is able to get at them though, so good luck to y’all…

This is going to be a new version of the turn come February.

“I wasn’t going to buy them, but I got them at retail, which is what I was initially willing to pay a reseller anyways”

You’re all still going to try and buy them, regardless of how you feel right now.

This is going to be a new version of the turn come February.

“I wasn’t going to buy them, but I got them at retail, which is what I was initially willing to pay a reseller anyways”

You’re all still going to try and buy them, regardless of how you feel right now.

I never was able to get an 85 high for retail so raising the retail price changes nothing for me. Nike just trying to snuff out the middle man.

The only 85 high I ever purchased was the og black/white pair. I understand that they’re supposed to be modeled after the originals, —and I can appreciate that—but I guess I just don’t like shape of the originals or how they would have looked because they felt like I was wearing boots.

I say all that to say this: as much as I absolutely love this color way, it’s looking like a pass for me.

I never said I would pass but these were a double up at first. But I got the patents, so just one pair of these. February is my bday month so I gotta get the Metallic 5's too. But im not about to spend $1k in a month on some Jordans. Im 29 man I gotta get my credit fixed and other big picture ****.

I never said I would pass but these were a double up at first. But I got the patents, so just one pair of these. February is my bday month so I gotta get the Metallic 5's too. But im not about to spend $1k in a month on some Jordans. Im 29 man I gotta get my credit fixed and other big picture ****.

sorry, I would pass on these and every other release until that last sentence wasn't factual

Nah I can't do it.

From my observation this is usually the tone until them official pics start dropping. I assume they are trying to pull some anniversary special edition play, I just feel this better be a widely available release where everyone can get as many pairs as they want and there is an actual quality boost but this is Nike who who am I fooling lol.

That said 85s are tanks so I'm copping 2-3 pairs just so I can own these for life and never worry about the colorwau again

Back
Top Bottom