Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

According to my wife who is an painter/artist, if you paint your shoes properly by using the leather preparer before painting, and then using a finisher at the end, then they should be ok for minor scratches and scrapes. Of course deep gouges will always be near impossible to prevent, no matter what you use.

Last edited:
On another note all the supplies i ordered should be here tomorrow, just need the gac 900 fabric medium, and the extra pair of lasers hopefully this weekend i get my hands on a pair. If not im gonna test it on my current pair ill keep you guys posted.

Those customs are pretty sweet, but can't imagine them being cheap to be done.  I would rather just buy the OGs at resell.  Small imperfections in the custom would bug the hell out of me.

Just my $.02 
glasses.gif

Ohh man they're looking like true OGs. Thanks for grabbing those pics. Wish they weren't so much work. Hope we get that cut/mold one day in those colors.

go to his IG page and you'll see full shots.

Why'd you edit this post? :lol:

The first response was still valid, although my "rant" was directed towards these practices in general.

Thanks to you and Riebel for removing the shroud of mystery around these finally.

Although I think this colorway is neat in itself, I had plans on doing a custom when pics surfaced, but that price was easy to pass.

The Blk Red & Royal custom is cool, but just typical IMO and played. Cool to see you guys going in a different direction and not jocking.

My original plan was to do a Blk Laser 4 custom. May get around to doing it after I knock out this tower of shoes for clients.

Looking forward to seeing the customs. Good luck fam.

IMO, trying to make a shoe look like another hyped shoe is never satisfying. It's cool to look at but won't be same as having the actual pair.

At least that's what I got when Lance Mountains were being made into Breds and Royals and these dudes were cheating themselves of the real thing :lol:

Last edited:
Although I think this colorway is neat in itself, I had plans on doing a custom when pics surfaced, but that price was easy to pass.

The Blk Red & Royal custom is cool, but just typical IMO and played. Cool to see you guys going in a different direction and not jocking.

My original plan was to do a Blk Laser 4 custom. May get around to doing it after I knock out this tower of shoes for clients.

Looking forward to seeing the customs. Good luck fam.

IMO, trying to make a shoe look like another hyped shoe is never satisfying. It's cool to look at but won't be same as having the actual pair.

At least that's what I got when Lance Mountains were being made into Breds and Royals and these dudes were cheating themselves of the real thing :lol:

i was a lil torn because originally it did feel like LM's all over

but i have both LM's & never removed paint because i like them as is
have actual blk/red 2013's(& banneds :tongue: ) so it wouldnt be a make up from not being able to cop
i actually like the lasering under the red w/ red sole.... couldve been an actual JB drop imo

A large part of the appeal of these customs is the lasering for me as well. It becomes a subtle detail, which is dope as hell.

Black Laser IVs are one of my "grails", so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing those and the Black/Yellow customs.

Man, when are these gonna hit $130... I can't believe they've stayed at/near retail for so long.. Nobody seems to be buying them at that price.

Back
Top Bottom