Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Anybody seen a custom job on these resembling these?

I really like the look of the Frag and Royal customs, but I'd like to see some of these before deciding what to get.

View media item 1784564

I really like the look of the Frag and Royal customs, but I'd like to see some of these before deciding what to get.
Haven't seen any probably because they are really close to resembling those, but it should be a very easy custom to do or fix if you don't like the outcome.
297o5w.jpg

Haven't seen any probably because they are really close to resembling those, but it should be a very easy custom to do or fix if you don't like the outcome.
297o5w.jpg

It wouldn't be THAT easy because you still have to do a sole dye and paint the wings logo... I do agree that it would be a lot easier than many of the other customs.

Wassup fam 
nthat.gif
 hope you guys like the update.

As you can see, I'm not finished yet 
laugh.gif
 started last Friday, but I've only worked on them 3 times for 3 hours total so that's not too bad. 

Wings logo is absolute death 
mean.gif
 don't even want to continue on it. Might invest in a detailed brush at Michael's.

Just a couple of tips that might help someone else:

If you don't have an artist's table, then you can use a couple of towels that you don't mind being ruined (got yelled at by my mom for ruining some without asking 
roll.gif
)

Tape the whole panel up neatly or you could have this happen. The tape is kinda hard to cover everything so rip it into little sections and curves.

Something that helped me was putting a piece of paper underneath the swoosh so I could paint freely. If that doesn't work well enough for you then you can try using a paper company card, that was fine by me too.

When you're in a tight corner like by the swoosh and need take off some paint you flicked by accident, use these and the deglazer (with moderation). Just make sure to not just swish it around wildly or you'll make more of a mess than your trying to clean up 
laugh.gif

If you messed up and removed too much anyways, you should see a shine that comes out like this. Just clean your brush (very crucial! If you don't your new batch of paint will get mixed with the other. Turned my toebox grey and I had to strip it again
frown.gif
)

When dying the sockliner, be super careful and make sure your paint brush isn't dripping wet or you'll end up splattering it. Keep in mind that when dying the sockliner, it is not dry so if something touches it then yes the dye will get on it. Put something in between the tongue and the liner like below to prevent them touching. The black spot you see on the tongue is when they do touch.

Also be careful with how you place your shoe after you dye it, the paint can travel to the stitching on the rest of the shoe. Happened to mines.

Haven't tried this yet, but happen to get paint on your tongue? Apply white paint + water (same method used for dying a tongue) and go to work.

If you get paint on your midsoles like this, no worries. Just take some white paint and your smallest brush and go commando but with slow and thin strokes or you WILL see the outlines later.

Bonus shots I liked 
laugh.gif

i'd be interested to see a custom based on one of the OG metallics. white out the lasering and all.

:smokin S skylondiggs

This is my pair from way back. For the edges use a knife butter knife its more sturdy that paper or a business card, and too keep the tounge away from the inner dye use a Really large cup, nice work man

View media item 1530799View media item 1513223View media item 1513219View media item 1506485
Been wondering where you were man, haven't seen you post in a while :lol: repped for the tips. Any way to make the tape stick more? I press it and try to smooth it out, and then it just comes right back up :lol:

Been wondering where you were man, haven't seen you post in a while :lol: repped for the tips. Any way to make the tape stick more? I press it and try to smooth it out, and then it just comes right back up :lol:

Yeah man works been A pain, like on the sides?? If so the blue tape I used never lifted I used the painters tape I doubled it, if you haven't added the finisher yet use a qtip on the edges with a small amount of leather prep ( acetone will work too) that should remove the extra stains you have on the toe box, but if you already add it the finisher cover the toe box up and do it carefully, I did the mistake of letting some of the leather prep fall on my toe box had too clean it all up kinda of a mess cause it ate the finisher

Edit: spin the qtip with your finger when on the edges you avoid smearing it all over but it takes a bit longer to clean up

Last edited:
Yeah man works been A pain, like on the sides?? If so the blue tape I used never lifted I used the painters tape I doubled it, if you haven't added the finisher yet use a qtip on the edges with a small amount of leather prep ( acetone will work too) that should remove the extra stains you have on the toe box, but if you already add it the finisher cover the toe box up and do it carefully, I did the mistake of letting some of the leather prep fall on my toe box had too clean it all up kinda of a mess cause it ate the finisher

Edit: spin the qtip with your finger when on the edges you avoid smearing it all over but it takes a bit longer to clean up
Gladly I did this method yesterday
laugh.gif
 was scared I messed up, repped again.

Ended up spilling some of the deglazer on my laptop, it flowed all over and the laptop turned cold as ice 
sick.gif
 I can practically rip some of the skin of the keyboard. Luckily the only thing that was seems damaged was a usb port. Other than that, one side of the laptop is white 
laugh.gif

Anyways I'm pretty much finished, new pics in the morning 
smokin.gif

im trying to get at the sockliner...did the 50/50 mixture and getting this paint on is still a B...any tips?

im trying to get at the sockliner...did the 50/50 mixture and getting this paint on is still a B...any tips?
It just takes time, just keep going at it and go slow so you don't make splotchy mistakes.

What was the fix for this again guys? I even double taped the midsole, made sure it was secure and everything and it still seeped through :smh: I honestly just wanna be done with this already.

View media item 1787458View media item 1787461

Last edited:
Nice pairs fam :smokin  getting anything else soon?
thanks man! you have some nice custom pairs as well.
i have one last ds pair of lasers. still thinking of what i want done. either a chicago colorway or a purple/white/black sacramento kings colorway with the logo on the heel

Back
Top Bottom