Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Internet Service Speedtest:

iPhone (MacBook Pro also using service):

MacBook Pro (iPhone also using service):

What are my chances?

Footaction has no raffle info :nerd: I won't be camping.

I guess I'll be shooting for Footlocker ... Where are these releasing online?

bruh thats from last year. just sayin

Fully admit it... I had it already uploaded in my NT album and just posted it instead of running another, which would be higher. I'm fortunate to have Fiber Gigabit internet service via Summit Broadband.

If your latency is consistently 172, you have just about no shot online for a release like this. Not saying it isn't possible but high unlikely. That's on par with early broadband a decade ago.

Last edited:
If your latency is consistently 172, you have just about no shot online for a release like this. Not saying it isn't possible but high unlikely. That's on par with early broadband a decade ago.
(Sorry to reuse it but the time calls for it, thanks for being honest)

Looks like its going to be online or bust/ does anyone know if sheiks are getting this/ I haven't check my local spots yet

AirSak, I actually am really truly rooting for you to get a pair of these. It would be a hell of a turn of recent events for sure.
smokin.gif
Good luck man.
Thanks and you too; good luck on securing these!

Just think of it as a line that people keep cutting to get to the front door. Thousands of people can try to jump up in line 3-5x as many times for every one time you do. When a server is getting flooded with requests (dudes trying to jump up in line to get in the door), statistically your odds aren't very good. That doesn't mean you can't sneak in while everyone is pushing and shoving, but... good luck. The download speed isn't very significant, cause it's the latency between you and the server that matters, but fiber lines have fewer users on them and higher throughput.

I've gotten several releases from my work computer that I would have never been able to obtain from home. Certainly an advantage, especially when you're competing against computers sending the requests on behalf of someone. Eliminating that manual step coupled with a low latency connection gives you a HUGE advantage as we've all learned with NDC.

Last edited:
Just think of it as a line that people keep cutting to get to the front door. Thousands of people can try to jump up in line 3-5x as many times for every one time you do. When a server is getting flooded with requests (dudes trying to jump up in line to get in the door), statistically your odds aren't very good. That doesn't mean you can't sneak in while everyone is pushing and shoving, but... good luck. The download speed isn't very significant, cause it's the latency between you and the server that matters, but fiber lines have fewer users on them and higher throughput.

I've gotten several releases from my work computer that I would have never been able to obtain from home. Certainly an advantage, especially when you're competing against computers sending the requests on behalf of someone. Eliminating that manual step coupled with a low latency connection gives you a HUGE advantage as we've all learned with NDC.
So basically, what you're telling me, I'm going to need the grace of Gawd, Goku, Tupac, Michael Jordan, the Shohoku High School Basketball team, and Meg to secure these? 

Last edited:
don't do it to yourself. ur prolly better off just waiting it out at this point.
You don't see these going for a grand after the day of release? I think $450  is better than $1000
i was just saying unless it's pretty much guaranteed or u know the seller is legit. ebay is a different animal when it comes to pre-orders. be prepared to be refunded after your funds are held for a few. not tryna deter u. just saying, but u gotta make that decision at the end of the day.

Probably even more than that given your general ineptitude at copping anything.
The only reason I couldn't cop the other releases is because my cousins connect couldn't come through, the Barcelona Nights and the Hares.  The Chicagos I put in raffles at every store except one (didn't get a raffle ticket on account of the day it started) and got nothing. I put in the work, it just didn't show.

The only reason I couldn't cop the other releases is because my cousins connect couldn't come through, the Barcelona Nights and the Hares.  The Chicagos I put in raffles at every store except one (didn't get a raffle ticket on account of the day it started) and got nothing. I put in the work, it just didn't show.

Get rid of everything you own. Everything. Including your Slam Dunk VIs.

Once the midsoles crumble you're going to wish you spent your hard earned money on some durable 1s. Plus those are all pretty weak recent and gimmicky colorways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom