Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Staying that's why these are so hype.... Look at the all Stars and the tops 3 those can be easily bought for close to retail.... Breds and royals are a whole different story

The banned and royal colorways are so iconic especially if you're a fan of MJ. All stars and top 3 are aight but theres no history behind them, theres no comparison with the OG's imo.

It's obvious Nike is scrambling. Re releasing 2 grails back to back years. After only 3 to 4 years since their prior releases.

Writing is on the wall.

And if Nike and JB didn't care that people were being killed over their sneakers standing in lines for limited quantities, they sure as hell aren't going to care about some pairs falling off the back of the truck...

So by that logic, Nike was scrambling in 2013 when they released "2 grails back to back" in the same year?

Nike is simply struggling selling out a lot of their GR retros. Adidas seems to have taken the GR reseller hype away.

Limited releases like OVOs, hyped OG 1 releases like these Royals and whatnot are still going to sellout..

At the end of the day, Nike is still going to sell all of the retros that are sitting-they will go on discount and to outlets to folks who can't afford/didn't want to pay retail on them.

The banned and royal colorways are so iconic especially if you're a fan of MJ. All stars and top 3 are aight but theres no history behind them, theres no comparison with the OG's imo.

I do wonder if selling the same retros over and over again is a good long term growth model though. At a certain point, I do wonder if they will eventually oversaturate the market.

Much like the effects of climate change, I think we are many years away from something that drastic happening though.

Lol, the guys who buys retros are a VERY small portion of Nike's consumer base. Their best selling shoe ever is the Monarch. Go into a store and people will pick up a Roshe before any Jordan or Ultraboost.

QFT. I find it hilarious how Nike's most popular shoes are also it's most terrible (in a sneakerhead's eyes).

Makes you realize that most people buy shoes for completely utilitarian purposes.

Last edited:
Thread needs better vibe lol yall always act coo coo before RD
My "new 2nd Royals thread" prediction is slowly coming true
mean.gif

Roshes are old news and complete trash

If you're still buying roshes in 2017 :x

Hell even if you were buying them in 2016 :smh:

No self respecting person would still buy Roshes.. The same could be said about Monarchs tbqh. Those are basically "Kirkland" Nike models.

Monarchs are comfy AF.
Those use to be my casual/workout shoes back when I was in middle school, they were ideal cheap Nike sneaker for a young asian kid/tween during the mid-late 90s/early 2000s...........until I discovered Air Force 1s.

#90sAsianKidProblems

Last edited:
I do wonder if selling the same retros over and over again is a good long term growth model though. At a certain point, I do wonder if they will eventually oversaturate the market.

Much like the effects of climate change, I think we are many years away from something that drastic happening though.
I doubt it. Most people buy again cause their previous pair got beat, or they buy because they missed the previous release.
Also don't forget the newcomers that were children during the previous release, or just recently got into jordans.
I've been into Nikes for over 15 years but didn't get into spending my money and following Jordans till like 2010

@dhtowng
 , yea i sold my TD's, couldn't resist at the price they were going for, hard to keep shoes when you know you can get $1k plus for them.

Yeah I couldn't resist either but when the money's gone then what? Lol I wish I didn't get so attached to shoes man. Can't say I have a pair of yeezys anymore as those were my only ones. Kinda sucks. Hopefully in time I'll just forget about em lol.

I bought other shoes with the money, i allocate only so much money on shoes so it was awesome to suddenly have a windfall of shoe money. Plus there are SO many damn fake yeezys it was getting exhausting just explaining to people how mine were real. And i only wore them a few times. Luckily i bought them when the price was still under 4 figs so i still came out on top. Theres shoe money, and then theres real life money like for bills and ughhh ******* retirement funds... ******* old man i know

Last edited:
Wish the adidas stans would just stick to the adidas yeezy thread. Funny thing is adidas doesn't even have its own section on here. No disrespect to the adidas worshippers but Nike has decades of innovative products that can be retro'd every 3 years and get devoured. I don't think 350s or NMDs will have that stay power. More ppl want to sell yeezys than wear them. If they drop 1 pair of yeezys in say wc4 numbers that colorway will get disregarded by the hypebeasts.

Last edited:
LMAO @ "NTers reminiscing beta days of an app, intended to make getting limited shoes easier for everyone, because resellers w/bots make getting limited shoes online hard. And when opportunistic app opens up to everyone across platforms, NTers wish it still only favored a few that chose one OS/hardware set over the other, thus making it harder for those without said OS/Hardware, just like resellers were doing for everyone in the first place" :nerd:

hahahaaaaaaaaaahahahaha Super rich, and ironic. 

Anyways, what do I know...I'm just some random low post count schmoe that's scored numerous times with SNKRs. On Android. You can roast me by Gifs now. 

*goes back to lurk status*

View media item 2369262

[

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike is doing just fine, fam...

BEAVERTON, Ore., June 28, 2016 – NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) today reported fiscal 2016 financial results for its fourth quarter and full year ended May 31, 2016. Strong global demand fueled revenue increases across nearly all geographies in fiscal 2016, while robust international revenue drove growth in the fourth quarter.   

Revenues  for NIKE, Inc. rose 6 percent to $8.2 billion, up 9 percent on a currency-neutral basis.Revenues for the NIKE Brand were $7.7 billion, up 8 percent on a currency-neutral basis driven by double-digit growth in Western Europe, Greater China, Emerging Markets and Japan, including strong growth in Sportswear, Global Football and the Jordan Brand.  Revenues for Converse were $513 million, up 18 percent on a currency-neutral basis, mainly driven by a major system go-live that accelerated orders from the fourth quarter to the third quarter in the prior year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom