Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

..I'm usually never the one to say this but this thread probably needs to be locked. The complaints and nit picking
are beginning to get mad redundant and all out absurd. You'd think people never bought a single pair of shoes before, let alone 1s. Expecting "perfect" and "flawless" tennis shoes that don't crease and leather cuts that don't vary/differ from one shoe to the next is recipe to drive yourself crazy. You'll never find kind of perfection in a massed produced 80s era athletic shoe. This kinda stuff makes me hold true to my belief that NT is sometimes nothing more than an OCD enabler :smh:.

You can just leave tho.

Lmao at the opinions on 2013,s.All im saying is that im really happy.That i didnt resell my 2013,s Breds/Royals.2016/2017 are good.But for some reason.I like them way better than than the 16/17.I like the stiff flat leather.Basically you have to break them daily.For a long period of time.To get them noticably creased.Then after that.It will take a loooooooooong time for them to get that beat up look.This is the reason why i wasnt a huge fan of the first 2011 banned Outlet release.Nice quality,good leather.Like the 16/17 pairs.They have a worn down look.So after wearing them on a daily basis for 1-2 years.They look so beat that i didnt like them.Ive seen someone wear the Outlet release daily.I didnt like how they age.Most people who have them just wear them a couple of times.Then hoard them in the closet for pictures only.I wear my shoes.So 13,s are my favorite.A new shoe that looks new.I have 16/17,s.There more comfortable.Just not a fan of the allready worn leather that creases up just by looking at them.Frags quality is good,color is average.There just not worth a couple of racks in my opinion.If they where made out of high quality material.That made them look DS after wearing them daily for a couple of years.Then maybe.

height is the same. u could see the right midsole is lifted up some. but that shade of blue is diff. first pic don't see anything

the hate for frags is strong on in here haha. will never own one but it's a dope cw regardless of limitedness. but def not worth that price to me
Any shoe that everyone struck out on and then becomes financially unattainable, always garners the moat hate. I think they are a simple changed up instant classic. They are legit worth what people are willing to pay. Not overrated. Resell gives them that black eye.

Last edited:
dhtowng dhtowng put it down to new 1 buyers. The kicks were hyped. I'm not seeing anyone from the older threads actually complain.

Right. Mostly new hyped members are complaining. It's fine to complain, but is it ok to complain over and over about stuff that's to be expected? All I'm saying. Didn't wanna cause an issue. bigj505 bigj505 telling me to leave lol. It's cool though. I've been here for many years. Just trying to speak sense into the thread.

I do get it though.Frags are like Yeezy,s.Its the hey look at me.I dont mind blowing alot of money.On a shoe that everybody doesnt have.Take away the limited aspect of them.And nobody cares about them.

I'm just happy I got a pair
My pair turned out great but if it did come with some flaws I wouldn't care too much
Cuz I'm gonna rock the sheet outta them
I realized once you start rocking them they will never look like they did when you first pulled them outta the box

dhtowng dhtowng put it down to new 1 buyers. The kicks were hyped. I'm not seeing anyone from the older threads actually complain.

Right. Mostly new hyped members are complaining. It's fine to complain, but is it ok to complain over and over about stuff that's to be expected? All I'm saying. Didn't wanna cause an issue. bigj505 bigj505 telling me to leave lol. It's cool though. I've been here for many years. Just trying to speak sense into the thread.

That member with the super OCD issues has been a member longer than both of us :lol:
Just saying, why ask for a thread to be locked because YOU have an issue. Just leave the thread then.

I agree with your thoughts on the situation, I'm just use to seeing complaints once pairs 'arrive', every release bruh.

I ended up doubling up today.  Got it at $230, not sure I need a 2nd pair, but the price was decent. 

Last edited:
I'm a simple man so I say if you like breds you like royals. If you like black toes then you like frags.
But yea most can't fathom over 1k on Jordan's,

Geez I thought I worded that prior post correctly tho. Lol

That member with the super OCD issues has been a member longer than both of us :lol:
Just saying, why ask for a thread to be locked because YOU have an issue. Just leave the thread then.

Point taken. It's the Royals thread though lol. I just want to come to the thread and see some dope pics and pick ups and kinda just celebrate the shoe for what it is. I mean let's face it, these are dope as hell. They gave us a lot of them (ya gotta luv that). Guaranteed if it were like 2013 and these were limited, complaints would be far, few and between. Let's stop pretending that the tumbled/"smooth" leather differences is somehow a flaw. They'd cried for real natural leather, they get it then cry that it looks too natural lol. I blame it on the SBB leather worshippers. JB seen all the beasting on SBB leather and thought they'd needed to throw tumbled on all coveted 1s :smh:. So I blame the SBB beast for all the tumbled/smooth shenanigans lol. That said, even though I was never a fan of the tumbled leather on these I have to say JB did their thing with these. Period.

P.S. I may start a JB QC complaint "Tell em why you're mad" thread. Should help clear up a lot of clutter in some of these threads.

Last edited:

Point taken. It's the Royals thread though lol. I just want to come to the thread and see some dope pics and pick ups and kinda just celebrate the shoe for what it is. I mean let's face it, these are dope as hell. They gave us a lot of them (ya gotta luv that). Guaranteed if it were like 2013 and these were limited, complaints would be far, few and between. Let's stop pretending that the tumbled/"smooth" leather differences is somehow a flaw. They'd cried for real natural leather, they get it then cry that it looks too natural lol. I blame it on the SBB leather worshippers. JB seen all the beasting on SBB leather and thought they'd needed to throw tumbled on all coveted 1s :smh:. So I blame the SBB beast for all the tumbled/smooth shenanigans lol. That said, even though I was never a fan of the tumbled leather on these I have to say JB did their thing with these. Period.

P.S. I may start a JB QC complaint "Tell em why you're mad" thread. Should help clear up a lot of clutter in some of these threads.

That thread ain't gonna do anything B.
And you can't control the flow of the thread. It's gonna be what it's gonna b. It's the unfortunate truth to how threads go.

ive worn them twice myself though

i just realized theres no nike logo in the interior

would it rub off that quick? my 2013 breds nike logo took a while to come off

I wonder why Nike uses the fat swoosh on AJKOs and not the OG 1s. That's the only thing I think looks off on these, it's too small.

Back
Top Bottom