Jordan Retro 10 Seattle - October 19th 2019

Finally grabbed a pair at 25% off. But damn I had to look at 5 pairs between 3 stores to get a pair that didn't have defects. All in all I'm happy and hope to double up soon.

Just pulled the trigger for $140 on StockX. Had to get these out the way. Plus with all the **** I was talking about these being limited and possibly hard to get I didn’t deserve these for ~$140 :lol: I’m not mad at it regardless. I vividly remember staring at these on Flight Club in like 2004 for $1100 and just wishing I could have them. 15 years later and I still think I’m bout to be the flyest cat on the block rocking these :nthat:

Just pulled the trigger for $140 on StockX. Had to get these out the way. Plus with all the **** I was talking about these being limited and possibly hard to get I didn’t deserve these for ~$140 :lol: I’m not mad at it regardless. I vividly remember staring at these on Flight Club in like 2004 for $1100 and just wishing I could have them. 15 years later and I still think I’m bout to be the flyest cat on the block rocking these :nthat:
Damn resell was crazy like that?

Damn resell was crazy like that?

It was the Wild West during those times but ironically I think that time was the most fun in terms of being into sneakers. SB bubble was huge and the Air Jordan bubble was unicorn in terms of what you could find. This is even before sneaker conventions were a thing. Your only options were Ebay, ISS, PYS and FC. We’re talking about retro releases and even retro+ colorways going for hundreds over retail a week after releasing so it was a wrap for anything OG. Ironically the only Jordan’s you could get for a reasonable price in terms of OG colorways....were Air Jordan 1’s. Talk about a 180 lol. Everything reached its zenith by the time ‘11 Concords came out and then Galaxy foams were the cherry on top. The sneaker bubble burst. It’s time for those of us that truly had the love for them to flourish.

Doubled up yesterday while sales were still on. My size seems to be drying up at most places around my way. Either last pair or defective so I’m happy to get my pairs out of the way. On to the 11’s on the 14th.

It was the Wild West during those times but ironically I think that time was the most fun in terms of being into sneakers. SB bubble was huge and the Air Jordan bubble was unicorn in terms of what you could find. This is even before sneaker conventions were a thing. Your only options were Ebay, ISS, PYS and FC. We’re talking about retro releases and even retro+ colorways going for hundreds over retail a week after releasing so it was a wrap for anything OG. Ironically the only Jordan’s you could get for a reasonable price in terms of OG colorways....were Air Jordan 1’s. Talk about a 180 lol. Everything reached its zenith by the time ‘11 Concords came out and then Galaxy foams were the cherry on top. The sneaker bubble burst. It’s time for those of us that truly had the love for them to flourish.

Your post gave me PTSD of 2012-2013 when GR retros would frequently sellout and people would line up for basically every Foam release. Nike Basketball releases like LeBrons/KDs/Kobes would even sellout. Kanye then started wearing OG 1s at the time and it was a wrap on those.

Funny how things change in a relatively short amount of time.

Your post gave me PTSD of 2012-2013 when GR retros would frequently sellout and people would line up for basically every Foam release. Nike Basketball releases like LeBrons/KDs/Kobes would even sellout. Kanye then started wearing OG 1s at the time and it was a wrap on those.

Funny how things change in a relatively short amount of time.

Dark ages...never want to go back.

Missed out the Lapstone & Hammer deal for $143 shipped, but patience paid off got them cheaper via Finishline just now plus that 10% Ebates :nthat:

18EE5848-980C-4553-9897-DEAEC9CAD279.png

Missed out the Lapstone & Hammer deal for $143 shipped, but patience paid off got them cheaper via Finishline just now plus that 10% Ebates :nthat:

18EE5848-980C-4553-9897-DEAEC9CAD279.png

How much were they without the rebate? I'm not trying to pay no more that $150 for these.

Back
Top Bottom