Jordan Retro 11 (2000 OR 2011)??

Originally Posted by herrijt

What's up NT -

I'm an avid lover of 11's and I was able to swipe a pair of 2011 Concord's last week.

Here's my problem. I have a DEADSTOCK pair of 2000 Concords, which I am dying to wear. Comfort-wise and look-wise, I have to say that I prefer them anyways...

In order to keep peace in the family, I'm going to let one pair go, but which should it be? I really love the NEWness of the 2011's, but those 2000's are so damn classic...

Give me your thoughts...

Keep both, why do you have to give them up? thats tough

Sell the 2000s than in 10 years get the retros and sell your 2011's
happy.gif

this isn't even a question. sell the one you can get more money for. that is IF they are of equal quality, which we both know they are not, in which case, get rid of the 2011's... i mean the lesser quality ones.

these days, there is absolutely no need to double up on a colourway. with rotations so big as we do, by the time the shoes die, they'd be retrod another one or in some cases TWO TIMES.

Definitely the 2000's, but like someone earlier, keep both and sell something else.

Originally Posted by eltouha

this isn't even a question. sell the one you can get more money for. that is IF they are of equal quality, which we both know they are not, in which case, get rid of the 2011's... i mean the lesser quality ones.

these days, there is absolutely no need to double up on a colourway. with rotations so big as we do, by the time the shoes die, they'd be retrod another one or in some cases TWO TIMES.
At the rate JB are going it's pointless to even buy these shoes as 'collector' items. OP sell both XIs and find an OG pair if you're a collector otherwise just rock your 2000 pair.

eltouha brings up a valid point with stuff being retroed so fast. The TB IIIs, Oly VIIs and Black Cement IIIs come to mind.

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by eltouha

At the rate JB are going it's pointless to even buy these shoes as 'collector' items. OP sell both XIs and find an OG pair if you're a collector otherwise just rock your 2000 pair.

eltouha brings up a valid point with stuff being retroed so fast. The TB IIIs, Oly VIIs and Black Cement IIIs come to mind.

I'd say keep both and get rid of something else in your closet.
I'm sure there's a pair you can let go.

Originally Posted by moelest

to wear? do the 2000.

to collect? 2000 hands down..

fixed

any XI released after the dmp's are trash. dont let this hype fool you...

quality of everything after the DMP is horriible. inconsistent patent leather cuts. My favorite shoe is the black red 11s, and the CDP version killed it for me. i despise the CDPs.

To answer the question it's 2000 Concords > 2011 Concords......but reaching back further OG's >>>>> all!

I have a pair of ds 2000 concords but the soles have yellowed. Still have the og box and card never even tried them on. As a collectors item do they still have value ? I hadn't opened the box in about 3 years and when I saw that the soles had yellowed I was mad that I never chose to wear them .

Originally Posted by dreday79

I have a pair of ds 2000 concords but the soles have yellowed. Still have the og box and card never even tried them on. As a collectors item do they still have value ? I hadn't opened the box in about 3 years and when I saw that the soles had yellowed I was mad that I never chose to wear them .

Retrobrite or seaglow homie.  Then some Rit whitener on the mesh. 

I'm working on a restore project right now on my near DS 2000s.  Soles should be icy by next week. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

I'm working on a restore project right now on my near DS 2000s.  Soles should be icy by next week. 

My mesh is flawless it's just my soles.

Originally Posted by cguy610

My mesh is flawless it's just my soles.
Ducktales!!!  How'd you store them? I'm about to wear my 2000s on the regular and store my 2011s.

This is funny. All the vets are like "Keep the 2000. Obviously."

All the new kids on the block are like "2011. Sell the 2000." or "Icy > Yellow".

I'd say keep which ever one means more to you.. which ever one has more sentimental value. I can't sell any of my shoes because over half of them are gifts from people who specifically gave me the money to buy them for my birthday, christmas, etc. They all hold value to me and the people who got them for me.

As far as quality, 2000's hands down.

Looks, 2011s. Fresh, icy, and at this point will probably last longer than your 2000s (counting the quality difference) IMO.

But HEY, they're not my shoes, that's just what I think. Good luck picking.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

All the new kids on the block are like "2011. Sell the 2000." or "Icy > Yellow".

I'd say keep which ever one means more to you.. which ever one has more sentimental value. I can't sell any of my shoes because over half of them are gifts from people who specifically gave me the money to buy them for my birthday, christmas, etc. They all hold value to me and the people who got them for me.

Looks, 2011s. Fresh, icy, and at this point will probably last longer than your 2000s (counting the quality difference) IMO.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

pimp.gif
Well said man.

Before pic from page 1.
2eec00w.jpg

I've been retrobriting my 2000's this past week, the weather in the northeast hasn't been that great for doing this but I notice a difference.  Hopefully after another week they will be icy and ready to add a little blue dye to the soles. 

b8agkm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom