Jordan Retro 13 Holiday Season (3M, Hologram, Grey Toes, Red Pods)

Which is the best pair releasing?

• 3M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hologram

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Grey Toe

• Red Pod

• None of them

• All of them

• Total voters
Don't confuse the 05 release as the og cw as these are the exact og in the 97 sample version with the same midsole. These are the 13's to get out of the three with holograms a close second, i'm glad i got a pair of both as i like the holograms as a new look. Gonna wear the grey toes later on but for now holograms is being worn till it wears out.
lol yall are crazy, how is the sample the OG and the released pair not? its not like there was a hyperstrike release of them or any release so these are not the OG colorway, they are a release of a sample that never came out until now. stop grabbing for straws to sound cool

Don't confuse the 05 release as the og cw as these are the exact og in the 97 sample version with the same midsole. These are the 13's to get out of the three with holograms a close second, i'm glad i got a pair of both as i like the holograms as a new look. Gonna wear the grey toes later on but for now holograms is being worn till it wears out.
lol yall are crazy, how is the sample the OG and the released pair not? its not like there was a hyperstrike release of them or any release so these are not the OG colorway, they are a release of a sample that never came out until now. stop grabbing for straws to sound cool

It's always a grey area with that's stuff to be honest. It's all about perception.
It's like the Og space jams could be from 96 or from 00 depending on how you view it.
I don't think the midsoles were painted on the Og considering no 13 that released that time had painted midsoles.

It's always a grey area with that's stuff to be honest. It's all about perception.
It's like the Og space jams could be from 96 or from 00 depending on how you view it.
I don't think the midsoles were painted on the Og considering no 13 that released that time had painted midsoles.
yeah i guess its what you're considering OG, to me its an actual store release whether QS (which didnt happen in 98) or GR but to some if its they made a sample or not, either way i like the deep red color of the first release and personally like the bleeding that occurs

I do apologize on the mid sole as it is nubuck as i saw one on ebay today, my bad on that one but this comes real close to the og cw and the 05 does as well so i won't say this release is the og since the midsole isn't nubuck. Thank you for clearing that up.

Thanks for the cats dropping that Sneaker Knowledge here.

The Space Jams in '96 dubbed Player Exclusive, got its official release in '00. Thankfully same shoe.

Nike can switch up whatever they choose, but it doesn't change the concept of the sneaker.

Controversy hits the 13 when the Gray Toes were revealed  in 97, you can dub it a PE but since Jordan never wore them it stays as a "Sample" 

but since it got a little change when it released in '05, switched up to a white tongue. People felt cheated. WE wanted the Grey Tongue!

Now we see the same concept of the Sample revealed in '97, we're getting the Grey Tongue! BUT, it's revealed that it sports a painted mid-sole rather than all Suede, but here's the kicker.... The reason Nike switched up the material from suede to paint is because of all the bleeding Pods, that we, the fans complained about. We didn't want that problem as you can see on DS pairs of the '97 sample, check the bottom pods bleeding Red.  Nike fixed that with this release and I'm happy. Everything is on point and I appreciate they changed the mid-sole to something that won't make my white pods Red.  This is why all the controversy.

Last edited:

This release is how the designers originally wanted the shoe to look. They were forced to change the color blocking bc the NBA wouldn't allow a shoe to have three main colors (white, grey, red). They had to change them to only two main colors- white and red.

That's why I always considered this version to be the real original colorway.

The Space Jams in '96 dubbed Player Exclusive, got its official release in '00. Thankfully same shoe.

Nike can switch up whatever they choose, but it doesn't change the concept of the sneaker.

Controversy hits the 13 when the Gray Toes were revealed  in 97, you can dub it a PE but since Jordan never wore them it stays as a "Sample" 
but since it got a little change when it released in '05, switched up to a white tongue. People felt cheated. WE wanted the Grey Tongue!

Now we see the same concept of the Sample revealed in '97, we're getting the Grey Tongue! BUT, it's revealed that it sports a painted mid-sole rather than all Suede, but here's the kicker.... The reason Nike switched up the material from suede to paint is because of all the bleeding Pods, that we, the fans complained about. We didn't want that problem as you can see on DS pairs of the '97 sample, check the bottom pods bleeding Red.  Nike fixed that with this release and I'm happy. Everything is on point and I appreciate they changed the mid-sole to something that won't make my white pods Red.  This is why all the controversy.
Space jams from 00 and the Og were not the same. The space jams were originally "black concords."

You can also defend the crap paint midsoles with that excuse but don't forget that Jb has experience with using textured midsoles like they did with the gs pairs before.

I originally thought Jordan Brand was doing us a favor by not putting the red suede on the midsole of the grey toe XIIIs but now I'm looking at photos of the upcoming blk/red pod XIII and it looks like they've also got painted midsoles. Guess JB is just going cheap on these XIII now

Yea I agree, no excuse for the midsoles period.

Also, seems weird that Jordan would have concocted these as the Regular season away get-ups as opposed to the ORG wht/red/blk as we know it.....I mean the Bulls colors are Red, Black, and white. I've also heard that grey toes were supposed to be SJU Red Storm PE's which would make more sense.

And the black pair that's coming up.....the shoe is going to look like it has multiple shades of black especially with that midsole. The tongue is leather smh. Once it get's dusty or worn a lil....

That's called an addiction my friend... hehehee
Is there a thread that deals with this problem? NTers that are professionals in the field can lend their time in dealing with this addiction to help out fellow nt'ers. :frown:

:wink:

Come to think of it I remember when the '05 grey toes had dropped, many folks were wondering/complaining why they didn't look like the ones that were "supposed" to release.
I think it's fair for us to expect Nike to use non bleeding suede above the pods, I think some previous retros did not bleed, correct? It could also have been a conscious design decision. Doubt the cost differences of production would be enough to make one or the other finish, an economical one. I would've preferred the suede, a signature look of the xiii. But as evidenced by me copping the hologram, grey tongues and the red pods next, it didn't sway my decision enough to pass.

oh man i was just thinking how sweet the jordan XIII would be as a turf, so hard. anyways i never cared about the bleeding and always thought the suede/nubuck looked so much better on the 13 now with a turf or cleat i would understand changing it but not on a basketball shoe but in the end these are not horrible

Nike can switch up whatever they choose, but it doesn't change the concept of the sneaker Controversy hits the 13 when the Gray Toes were revealed  in 97, you can dub it a PE but since Jordan never wore them it stays as a "Sample"
:lol:

came in like he was dropping straight knowledge as if were Nike VP of Sales and Marketing

tell me, did you lick the soles of these too when u got em

Back
Top Bottom