Jordan Retro 18 "White/Sport" $225 January 2018

I had every intention of copping a pair this morning...and SNKRS didn't even offer a size 14.

Money saved, I guess. I was already on the edge with that $225 price. Back to the vault they go.

9BB16109-59E7-4F1D-8BB3-FA382C7C2A61.jpeg
this is the box they give you for $225!!!!!
are you serious?!?! and no towel?!?!?
dam JB. you bet not have skimped on all the zoom in these. that's crazy!!

Never understood why people say this. Of course people wanted them, Its just not every single person that posts.

To help you understand.. I said how suddenly more people would want them now that they are similar and then folks chimed in stating things like "oh thats not the case.. look at the XVI's and XVII's..those didnt sell out" and here we are now. JB forum needs to relax.. everyone is always quick to attack someone's message.

To help you understand.. I said how suddenly more people would want them now that they are similar and then folks chimed in stating things like "oh thats not the case.. look at the XVI's and XVII's..those didnt sell out" and here we are now. JB forum needs to relax.. everyone is always quick to attack someone's message.

These were an extremely limited QS. This release wasn't even a GR! Demand wasn't high. Not at all. More people don't want them now. People are just stating facts...not attacking a message.

Basically the people who REALLY wanted these probably got them. A few struck out, and the resellers moved in after they realized this wasn't another 16/17 situation.

Except the resellers are going to be sitting hard on these because even the people that wanted them aren't paying $300+

None of my local Foot Lockers or Nike Stores even got these. I was surprised to find them at a local sneaker boutique, and they only got 7 pairs.

The quality on my pair is good. The stitching is clean, and the seams are straight and centered.

Not surprised that these sold well most places. Producing less numbers will do that - probably a strategy JB should have maintained for a while now.

I'm glad to hear that the quality is legit on them as well. Crossing my fingers for the black/sport royal to release, but we'll see.

Not touching these for over $250 (that’s basically retail + tax for Chicago anyways).

Exactly this. I was already barely "in" for retail...I don't know what people expect to make off a $225 shoe that (while limited) really has a small fixed market.

I don't understand how smaller sites like DTLR and Villa offered a size 14 but Nike themselves only had up to 13. Seems odd.

Thanks grizz.

Picked these up off snkrs.. pretty exited to get these in hand. One of my favorite shoes all time

These were an extremely limited QS. This release wasn't even a GR! Demand wasn't high. Not at all. More people don't want them now. People are just stating facts...not attacking a message.

I understand what you're saying. I understand what they were trying to get at. In those replies and in yours, it does not appear that they or you understand what I was saying/inferring. Solefly XVIs were not a GR.. those grey XVIIs were not a GR.. This wasn't even a QS. People knew about this release since mid 2017. It was very limited indeed. I didn't point at XVIs or XVIIs..others did. Pretending that finding out that a shoe is limited doesn't make resellers want it in 2018 is naive but I am not here to judge.

I hate having to write paragraphs to explain things but Im just stating some facts too. Im not talking about this anymore either lol.

Was able to scoop a Sz 13 hoping I can Sz Swap for a 11.5. These bring back a lot of memories to my 8th grade year lol. Also MJ hit that fadeaway in the 2003 all star game wearing these. He retired from the Wizards in these to. Quality feels real good on this retro. Would of been nice to get the OG box and towel for this $225 retail tag.
IMG_6748.JPG

MJ really loved playing in that shoe and colorway. As soon as Kuerbis got him a sample he ditched the XVII+ and wore these (late Nov ‘02). As mentioned above he also wore these during the ASG, even though the Black/Royal released that weekend (white/royal dropped late March ‘03). He never wore the Blacks on court and only wore the White/Reds a couple times when the Wizards wore their alternate ‘Bullets’ uni.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom